Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: noobie questions plz answer

Default noobie questions plz answer

I know i say this everywhere but i am annoyed of it, i have the game, i paid for a month to try it out but the servers are down, so i am trying to get enough info before i play. First off, can other online people that are not dragons ride dragons? can people have dragons as an offical pet?what is the best to play chaos, order, and blight? can dragons live in house? what are dragons objective? and where do dragons start at?
    I am Senar Nogard, on Chaos Shard and is a level 12 Dragon check me out!

I am looking for an adult dragon to take me under thier wing for a bit on Istaria, if you are interested, pm me

Default Re: noobie questions plz answer

Dragons are not to ride till now, may be later when they become Ancient.

Better dont try to get a dragon as a pet. May be that will be your last try.....
    Actually there are no Pets ingame and Dragons are a playable Race! So be carefull what you tryon and say to dragons...
    i play on unity, so i cant say which american shard is best for you but bligth is the test Server.
    Dragons can go in houses. But sometimes they have to change there form to do so.
    Dragons start like all other races.
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

[*]Eyes jazzi-dragon as his next meal for calling us a pet[li][*]

im going to become a dragon to as soon as the server comes up again and another qeution do you see dragons alot around, and what do you mean form explain more please

I am looking for an adult dragon to take me under thier wing for a bit on Istaria, if you are interested, pm me

At least on Unity server (the European one) there's plenty of dragons around. I don't see why it would be any different on the US servers.

Our secondary form is called khutit. Once we grow into adults (by completing the Rite of Passage, the best quest in the game [:D] we can quest for the khutit form ability. It shrinks us down into human size category and makes us look a bit like thos sslik, the lizardmen. There are places an adult dragon can't fit through, so we need to shapeshift.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

whoa are you serious can you do all the same as a human? like magic can you buy a house? and can i play the european server? and how? answer now please

answer now please
    i little demanding are you young one with that kind of pantience you will not do so well playing a dragon we are one of the slowest races in game and the weakest if you want to get anything fast I suggest you play a biped

Lots of questions a bit of reading of the forums will answer, or experience for yourself, or ask in chats - General, Dragon, or Help.

Enjoy the dragon experience.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

[:|]you guys never answered my question

and the patchers in north america are down for now and i bought the game yesterday for 9.99 [:D] it was a steal

Well he said please so I'll indulge:

We retain our original abilities while in khutit form, but get a light hit to our statistics (so it is not the best form for combat). That is, the magic we can use is still dragon-specific, we can only wear dragon scales, and we are unable to learn any biped skills.

A house plot you can buy in any form, dragon or khutit, but be aware that building structures is a biped skill set; dragons can't do that. Dragon lairs are coming in, and when they hit live servers dragons will receive appropriate skills to build their lairs.

whoa i can't wait to play but i have another question, if i just bought they game (wednesday) and i have my one free month umm can i cancle till the servers are up and still have my money or will they take it regaurdless? and do dragons and thebided all talk the same languge can on everquest they dont but you can learn how

The 30-day free gametime should start counting down once you create an account online, and there is no way to 'freeze' it afterwards, as far as I'm aware.

We don't have separate languages as in DAoC / WoW. Everyone can speak with each other, including dragons.

About your problems logging into game; are servers really acting up, or are you just having trouble connecting to them (I haven't seen anyone else complaining about this)? Are you behind a firewall perhaps? Or a router?

Make sure to login using Internet Explorer - not Firefox. Also you have to allow explorer to download the active X control.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

hmm i have a router and i use internet explore sometimes i use aol

Sometimes the mother may I bits of AOHell, get in the way of games. The servers are working for me, and Im able to get in with out any problems. If you need help IG, The dragon chat chanel is the best way to go. There is a wealth of knowledge there.

As a dragon, you will learn patience. Dragons are slow to level,and are not as tough as other classes/races are in the game. They are still fun. They fly, and did I mention they were fun to play? :)

See you IG.

im not worried about that right now i just want to get started

and dont you mean we are fun?

another question, how long does it take to get a full grown dragon? one month?

Depends on how much you play and how you go about getting your levels. Could take 3 or 4 months before you can start the quest to become an adultand another month to finish. How long it takes to finish depends on how many you have helping you.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

so you have to do a quest to grow up? you dont just fight and it ages or did it used to be like that?

You first have to level to 30 levels of adventure, 20 levels of crafting and accumulate 250'000 hoards. Then you can start the Rite of Passage.

Then, depending of which faction you choose, you will have to gain a bit more level.
    Helians require about 40 craftings levels, while Lunis need 30 crafting levels. There was a time where Lunus needed 40 adventure levels, but it seem this has changed to make Lunus even easier.

Also depending which Breath Weapon you want later, Helian and Lunus got a different one; lunus are getting Breath of Lightning and Helians are getting Breath of Ice. Ice is supposed to be better, but it's a matter of taste.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Thread Information