Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: blight patch 3-21-05

Default Re: blight patch 3-21-05

Looks like a very good patch coming up again. Monk love, ELAR love, Dragon love. [:D]

One clarification to Primal Vengenace: it only goes to chest scale. Triple-teching is the only way to have it activate at the consistency of your typical weapon crystal. Remember that dragons are in short supply of tech slots. Each instance of PV takes away one slot that could give us a skill or stat boost, all of them badly needed.

I would be in favor of retooling existing spells that have multiple cleanses applied. It would sting, as my main alt is a healer (so far without multi-cleanse heals; feel free to rummage through my spellbook if in doubt) but I feel this is a necessary move. Triple-teched cleanse every five seconds - on a spell, I might add, that shouldn't have cleanse in the first place - renders debuffing enemies pretty much meaningless.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Well its offical:

All lunus dragons are now gimps![N][N][N][N][N][N]

Why? the change to path of the helian makes the +20 primal bonus apply to base instead of current. This gives a HUGE benefit to helian dragons who no longer have to use as many training points to use certain dragon spells.

Sure, Lunus dragons got their tooth and claw bonus changed from current to base. The problem is that does absolutely nothing. For tooth and claw it makes no difference whether the bonus applies to base or current.

Another comparison:

Path of the helian:
    1. increases damage and accuracy with spells
    2. Lets you learn spells with fewer training points.

Path of the lunus:
    1. increases damage and accuracy with melee

Helians already have the better secondary breath weapon. Now they have a significantly better bonus as well. Worst of all, this inferiority may get vastly magnified at ARoP if ancient dragons get much bigger path of helian or path of lunus bonuses.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

You always were gimps you just let your superiority complex get in the way of seeing it.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    Well its offical:

All lunus dragons are now gimps![img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img]

Why? the change to path of the helian makes the +20 primal bonus apply to base instead of current. This gives a HUGE benefit to helian dragons who no longer have to use as many training points to use certain dragon spells.

Sure, Lunus dragons got their tooth and claw bonus changed from current to base. The problem is that does absolutely nothing. For tooth and claw it makes no difference whether the bonus applies to base or current.

Another comparison:

Path of the helian:

Path of the lunus:

Helians already have the better secondary breath weapon. Now they have a significantly better bonus as well. Worst of all, this inferiority may get vastly magnified at ARoP if ancient dragons get much bigger path of helian or path of lunus bonuses.
    did you pop a pill before writing this?

HratLi,

Crurious, aside from perfact casted spells and critical strike, waht other abilities are auto hits?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    You always were gimps you just let your superiority complex get in the way of seeing it.
    Bad Zodias! Bad!

20 points is something to laugh about Fireclaw....its 60 training points. I seriously doubt this will make or break somebody's game.

I was completely taken aback by this though. I suggested it right after they made Primal Mastery and T&C Mastery apply to base skills. That was oh.....6-8 months ago? hehehehe
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Sprit punch is an auto hit. I think some of the mob abilities may be as well
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Well its offical:

All lunus dragons are now gimps![img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-45.gif[/img]

Another comparison:

Path of the helian:

Path of the lunus:

First. +20 is mediocre. It's nothing 60 Training point won't solve. Until Devs wake up and start giving dragons 10 points per level for THEIR OWN SKILLS, dragons have to put all their point into TnC AND Primal. It's not a choice, it's mandatory.

Second, look who's gimped.
    Who get the benefit from Gold Rage being powered by TnC? Lunus
    Who get the benefit from Silver Strike being powered by TnC? Lunus
    Who get the benefit from Ravage being powered by TnC? Lunus
    Who get the benefit from having Eminence Proc on TnC? Lunus
    Who get the benefit from having Primal Vengence Proc on TnC? Lunus

Lunus already got the love from the Dev by having EVERY damage dealing abilities to their name. It's time Helians start getting some love too.

Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]evilkarl wrote:You always were gimps you just let your superiority complex get in the way of seeing it.

Bad Zodias! Bad!

20 points is something to laugh about Fireclaw....its 60 training points. I seriously doubt this will make or break somebody's game.

I was completely taken aback by this though. I suggested it right after they made Primal Mastery and T&C Mastery apply to base skills. That was oh.....6-8 months ago? hehehehe
    Yes, and I brought it up 6-8 months ago too, as well as pretty much everytime people suggested it.

Is 60 points that bad? Well, its noticeable. It makes lunus inferior to helians. By a huge amount? no. But suppose ARoP gives an enhanced path of the lunus/path of the helian with +200 to primal or tooth and claw. If that gets added to base, then that really would be a HUGE advantage for helian dragons.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Hello Evilkarl,

Playing on Unity, I cannot test the new spirit form myself. As I decided long ago to stick with sprd, I wonder if my character will still add something in a group.

Today I able to agro Ravager and his companions and staying alive while my friends a ranger and a paladin/spiritist/... kill them by launching spells and arrows.

I wonder if I will still be able doing that, or if my character is now of no use at all.

thanks for your help

#1 we have no idea what ancient will bring us for helian/lunus
    #2 all we do know is that ancient is supposed to be where you see the true differences between the factions
    #3 no helian or lunus is currently gimped when compared to one another only when compared to multiclassed characters. the points they get from adult are nice but they are not anything to complain about. You have to spend tp in primal anyway and there isn't much of anything dragons need to spend them on other than hp and primal.

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Just letting the Lunus know where they belong.. at the feet of the others like the dogs they are [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    Dude, look at your own sig:
    "Stop sweeping generalisation! "

Follow your own advise! :P
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

gopher65

Fireclaw, go read Dragoniade's last post again. Lunus haveall thesignificate dragonattacks because they arebased on T&C. Helians get nothing based on primal. Better secondary breath weapon? Maybe, but those breath weapons suck so bad right now that that is a piddly little difference.

The fact that Lunus get Gold Rage, Silver Strike, andRavage is by itself enough to make themvastly superior to a role playing Helian who sticks to spells. And you say Lunus are the gimps? The fact that spellcasters have to useLunusMELEE abilities to do ANY damage whatsoever contradicts you a bit.

Removing cleansing option and leaving spells in game is a joke

First off it only hurts newer players, second off it will create mass stocking and auctioning later on.

If its not intended then nuke it away entirely. if it went live today itd hurt a select few whohavent had chance to use it. Is it ok that because its not meant everyone who has it can enjoy it but i finally get cleanses for my breezes but wait you cant triple it like everyone elsehas because its a bug.

Either nuke it entirely (the right way) or dont take it out at all. dont take it from the few and let the rest reap the power.

rest of patch looks great. hope to test it this week some.

I have question about this patch, apparently they are removing frost hellhound manes from the game and replacing the tech req's with other comps, what will happen to the frost HH manes currently in inventory? I have a few manes in my vault in case i needed em for techs later, what will happen to these?

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

I hear ya Ghost, I already bought a few for future use. I'm hoping they new comps replace the frost hellhound manes. In other words the FHH manes in my inventory turn into the new tech comp. Otherwise they're forcing me to flush a bunch of silver that I spent on them!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    I hear ya Ghost, I already bought a few for future use. I'm hoping they new comps replace the frost hellhound manes. In other words the FHH manes in my inventory turn into the new tech comp. Otherwise they're forcing me to flush a bunch of silver that I spent on them!
    Only thing wrong with that is, if you look at the techs which you needed em for, they replaced FHHM with different comps not just 1 different one. So if a dev could come on and say what will happen and if we need to sell the manes or get reimbursed for em or something.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]cauri_order wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]evilkarl wrote: You always were gimps you just let your superiority complex get in the way of seeing it.

Bad Zodias! Bad!

Yes, and I brought it up 6-8 months ago too, as well as pretty much everytime people suggested it.

Is 60 points that bad? Well, its noticeable. It makes lunus inferior to helians. By a huge amount? no. But suppose ARoP gives an enhanced path of the lunus/path of the helian with +200 to primal or tooth and claw. If that gets added to base, then that really would be a HUGE advantage for helian dragons.
    I have a feeling that AROP will allow us to switch factions.... All the whining ( my god im eating the next whiny dragon to come along and taking his hoard for my own!) dragons who complained about getting what they felt was an inferior breath weapon have probably seen to that.

It's just onemore good reason for Dragons NOT to take the EASY path to adulthood via Lunus ROP. lvl 40 adv lvl 24 craft it can be done easily. Shop bonuses can be used for most steps as well.(I know our guild has a newbie dragon pushing his way thru it right now).

A few things about the ROP's.. "Silver claw" ( Silver, a tier 2 resource for the Lunus path) "Golden Claw" ( Gold, a tier 3 resource for the Helian path) made me think in the back of my mind that it would be worth it to go the harder route and go Helian.

I don't begrudge the lunus thier better use of gold rage, ravage etc. They are playing in the role typical for thier faction. However for those who went Lunus to get the easiest path to adulthood,I do not feel sorry one bit if they now regret it. Any player who read thru the lore thoughtfully, looked at the quests, and made a choice that truely fit them, should not have issue with this long overdue benefit theHelian path is getting. All bonuses from quests should have applied to base from the beginning.

And if it makes a Helian a better spellcaster. Well by ******** doesn't that fit with what the rop bonus was supposed to do ALL ALONG??? Ut oh, this actually makes sense according to the lore for ROP.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    I have a feeling that AROP will allow us to switch factions.... All the whining ( my god im eating the next whiny dragon to come along and taking his hoard for my own!) dragons who complained about getting what they felt was an inferior breath weapon have probably seen to that.
    For today's chat session:

[11:11] David-Lurking-Working: Lex: actually, the original plans for dragons were to allow multischooling only as an Ancient.

So yes, ancient should get multischooling.
    It still leave dragon being week at adulthood, when you compare the stats of some monster (level 100 dragon @ 850 strength Vs a level 92 monster at 1400 strength), when some class manage to get minimum 1000 at level 100)
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    In other words the FHH manes in my inventory turn into the new tech comp. Otherwise they're forcing me to flush a bunch of silver that I spent on them!
    Or...you could just use them NOW, or sell them to people who need them....
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information