Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mail Boxes

Vessa_Cat

Default Mail Boxes

It would be nice to have the ability to write someone a message and leave it in their mailbox. ie: Blks; I need the following tech'd tools ! And thenleave the info for them on a parchment or note pad of somekind, leave in their mailbox with the flag up......(u've got mail) [8-)]

Default Re: Mail Boxes

Mailed messages as well as mailed items or even money would be handy as well.

its a little bit poor thats there nearly no possibility to leave a message for a friend behind who isnt online... Hope they can change that someday.
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

This would be nice, and the subject has come up from time to time, beginning in beta.

If I remember correctly, it was just a question of resource limitations.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

And could be a good money sink to make it cost like a 100c or something to leave a message at a post office

and you could have quests carrying around sacks of mail from town to town (no portalling allowed while carrying mail)

and maybe quests to upgrade mailboxes like the vault quests. (maybe higher tier mailboxes cost less to mail to and from or can hold more messages)

I'd love to have message boards at guildhouses, too.

Istarian Wizard

It would also be great to have a bulletin board up somewhere in some of the main towns (taverns would be a good place for this) where everyone can check in to read variousposts any time day or night: "Seeking expert carpenter for my dreamhouse in Lerena," or "WileeKatt makes fullyteched cotton cargo," etc.etc. I know these things can be advertised in the MarketPlace channel, but all too often the person with the skill is not online at the time. People should have the option to communicate with anyone who plays whether logged in or not. And players should also be able to respond, perhapsvia a message board or even white board-like interface, though something simpler would also suffice nicely. Mail boxes and bulletin boards would definitely make the gamemore interesting.

Istarian wizard there is already a bulletin board...... The forum boards are it :)

Istarian Wizard

Well, by that token we can also say there is already a mail system, say not? It's called emailand private messaging [;)]. You forget; not everyone reads the forums, and besides,having an in-game posting system wouldmake fora nice role playing device, for those who want it.

You can also find out the website for the guild your preferred crafter is in and leave a message for them in their forum.

all of these out of game suggestions work great if the other people use IRC, have a guild, have a guild with a website, play the game in a window so they can check their guild website while playing, etc.

However, it would be far better to have an in-game messaging system. Make those heralds earn their keep, or something.

I would love all of the functionality of being able to communicate with other players and guildies using in-game resources and mechanics. Using anything third party only serves to remind me how unfinished this game is.

mail...so awesome

Is this a petition? Where do I sign? I hope this is not a development question of implementation, but a question of priority. After key stuff gets worked out this is a must do action.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Ragon
    Istarian wizard there is already a bulletin board...... The forum boards are it [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    Yes but many people dont use the forum because of different reasons...
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I think the choice of having some sort of message kiosk in towns all around the world is what Istarian Wizard is talking about. A place where little snippet messages, contact info, offers for work, any sort of announcement, can be placed in game for everyone to be able to find easily enough without having to either the message writer and receiver both being in game at the same time or resorting to dropping out of the game to communicate.

As for the mailboxes, I think it'd also be nice to get class newspapers, points of interest or news from other people who share your same adventure or craft classes. Granted, that would mean a newsletter for each individual one, or a newsletter with a section for every class and you'd have to skim, but isn't that how people normally read newspapers?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I would love some way to transfer items other than finding the most deserted pawnie and risking the sell at 1c transfer, since that's the only way I have to transfer items between characters....
    But perhaps not a mailbox. Mailox says 'WoW' too much for me...
    Perhaps something uniquely Istarian? Like, ehm,crud...Mind is blank. XD

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Kanonier~

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress
    I would love some way to transfer items other than finding the most deserted pawnie and risking the sell at 1c transfer, since that's the only way I have to transfer items between characters....
    But perhaps not a mailbox. Mailox says 'WoW' too much for me...
    Perhaps something uniquely Istarian? Like, ehm,crud...Mind is blank. XD
    First off mail boxes are not from 'WoW' 'Darkages' is an example of a game with a mail system where you could "pidgeon" people letters and packages you could pick up packages at a special building. Sending a package cost money but a normal letter did not. 'WoW' by all means is not a revolutionary game so copying anything from it would not be like copying an idea solely from WoW...
    I agree with a system to implement mail and a package sending system. Another idea could be a system where you could set up a post for an order of a specific item for example an "Improved spirit bolt I of accuracy" then you could set up payment for the first crafter to put that item into the order the crafter then gets payment and the item is sent to the user's vault. The item is then checked off the list once the list is complete it is automatically deleted. Also there would be a system where the crafter could "take the order" that way he doesnt have to craft a rare item then come back to the board seeing that it has been filled wasting resources. Taking the order would only last maybe 2 hours that way the crafter can re-take the order if he needs more time to complete the task of crafting the item or if he can't get the materials together he won't keep others from taking it.

I understand that WoW did not invent the mailbox system. I was simply stating that it says 'WoW' too much for me.
    I just wanted to get it out there that it would be a chance for some originality. Horizons is already different from other games, so why can't it have some originality about its between-character message, item, and money transfer system?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I was about to start a new post suggesting in-game mail, but stumbled onto this already going. Yes, I went to WoW for a while (also EQ 2 has this now), and the mail delivery was one of the most-useful features I can think of. If HZ had in-game mail (allowing items/coin to also be mailed), it would be much less hassle, for transferring items to other alts as well as delivering something to a friend, while not having to travel through 100 teleports to do so.

Please, please consider implementing this [;)]

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Attr@ctor
    I was about to start a new post suggesting in-game mail, but stumbled onto this already going. Yes, I went to WoW for a while (also EQ 2 has this now), and the mail delivery was one of the most-useful features I can think of. If HZ had in-game mail (allowing items/coin to also be mailed), it would be much less hassle, for transferring items to other alts as well as delivering something to a friend, while not having to travel through 100 teleports to do so.

Please, please consider implementing this [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Items and coin would definately be awesome but just to have an offline messaging system (like say use the messaging system already in place on the main site that is currently only {not} used by TG) would be awesome!

I REALLY want this put into place.

Thread Information