Thread: Least played race

Milenko

Default Least played race

I am new to the game and still experimenting with a race. I was wondering if some of you older players can give me some insight into the least played race and or class in the game. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Milenko

Every race has its own advantages by raial abilities but they dont matter so much as you can multiclass your char.

I for myselve love the elven leadership bonus which helps a group to launch good hits on a mob for 20sec.
    But Im playing an elf so why should i nit love it

Hmm, I've not seen many Satyrs whilst playing on Chaos so that might be the least played race on that server. Not sure about classes, with a lot of players multiclassing but only having one adv and one crafting class visible its very difficult to tell.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

If I had to say which are the least common, I would probably say either Satyr or Human...For class, probably the Wizard or some of the Disciple classes, maybe Spearman or Crossbowman too...
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

I would also have to say that I have not seen many Satyr's. As for classes... I have only met one person that actually was a Crossbowman... but it definately wasnt a primary class..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

On Chaos, the least played race is most definitely Satyr. As far as class goes I'd say crossbowman, spearman and maybe even bloodmage.
    GhostRdr - Formerly GM of the guild previously known as The Dark Council

Accomplishments
    Adv. - 100 Reaver, Healer, Shaman, Conjurer, Spiritist, Guardian, Sorcerer, Wizard, Mage

Craft - 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Weaponsmith, Fitter, Spellcrafter

Moved on from the realm of Istaria since August 2006

Milenko

Thanks for all the information. So it looks like the race will be Satyr and I'm not sure about the class being as I can't seem to find any information on Spearmen, crossbowmen or blood mages. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can look?

Milenko

I might also add chaos warrior to the lesser played ones. And perhaps scouts and rangers too, as they're not heavy damage dealers. Another would definitely be conjurer, at least as first class; they're pretty gimped so people take them as an additional school only for the benefits it adds.

A quick word about bloodmages howerver. If you plan on going bloodmage, assume it as your primary class. Many bloodmage abilities, even some spells, are only accessible when your active school is bloodmage. Thus it makes a poor support school for any other class.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Milenko

Thanks for the advice, but what exactly is a blood mage? Is there anyplace I can go to get a list of all the classes and what they are all about? Also I decided to make a Satyr on Chaos so I am on my way

Milenko

Quote Originally Posted by Milenko
    Thanks for all the information. So it looks like the race will be Satyr and I'm not sure about the class being as I can't seem to find any information on Spearmen, crossbowmen or blood mages. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can look?
    The GamersInfo site has a short description of each class along with their skills and stats: GamersInfo Schools Page.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Tigris

I can tell you why monks and disciples are rare. Mostly cause people try them, get frustrated, and try something else. But that's a whole different discussion. >.<

While some people use personal taste for a means of making a decision on class choice, you will later find that potency tends to drive decisions when people determine what class or classes they will take.

Back when I was active, (and since classes, multiclassing, and level caps are still basically the same, I suspect it's the same now) the most common endgame classes were Cleric and Reaver from the Priest line, and Knoc/Btlm from the mage line. The premise for these choices is based on power.

For example, take a well multiclassed guardian and compare it to a well multiclassed reaver, and you end up with guardian losing out in almost every category. It will basically be equal to or inferior to the multiclassed reaver in almost every scenario. It is for this reason that, as more and more classes are added to the mix, the choice of active class becomes less and less ambiguous in terms of what will be "best".

To the OP: Looking for a rare class or race? Play a satyr Crossbowman or Spearman. That class is almost extinct because when multiclassed, it adds almost nothing unique. There is nothing about a crossbowman or spearman that makes a multiclasser say "Oh man! I have to take crossbowman to 80 so I can get ability X mastered!".

Don't take this post out of context. I'm not saying "Choose your class based on the criteria that multiclassers use". Moreover, I'm saying: The reason you don't see classes being played is because there's a better choice available both in terms of viable active class, and gains from taking it as a secondary.

Edit:

In the guardian/reaver example, you'll notice the imbalance gets more and more pronounced as more and more classes are taken, IMHO. (Single classed or minimally multiclassed and there won't be a great power difference between the two, and by power I don't mean the stat). This is yet another reason why it is imperative to add a plethora of loot to the game. Aside from the sense of false-content it provides, it would be a vehicle to smooth over some of the current imbalances. (I.E. Class A is weaker than Class B in every way. Class A happens to get better loot and more easily).
    Last edited by Twelvebagger; March 22nd, 2006 at 07:36 PM.

Make it a gray-furred satyr, and you're even more guaranteed to be unusual.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Being a satyr, I would say that there are less played satyrs than gnomes at least. It seems there are very few satyrs that actually stick around, and our abilities are not as powerful as a gnome.

For classes though
    Monks and disciples, crossbowman, scout and Elemental archer, the pure casters like sorceror, wizard, conjurer, and for some reason chaoswarrior is rare, but very strong. I see some bloodmages, but they are kinda on the rare list. Spearman is ultra rare

Thread Information