Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: [EU] European Consolidation

Paradise

Default Re: [EU] European Consolidation

I have checked the numbers visible in game over the last few weekends (late nights) and there was under 30 at one point and the most was just under 50. I think it is very unlikely that they get 3 or 4 times the subs to those showing perhaps at most twice (I recognise many I see late night as thoseI see during other time periods.

The drop in numbers since the last patch has been noticable but perhaps is due to schools and university holidays being over.

3 servers

so 1 servers with 3 times of the normal players

due to the agressions against the merge and GN i think 20% will quitt at least

so 3 server populations before merge

2 server populations after the merge [um]

Kita

from login page
    Here's a new posted by a game developer that we found on the community boards at community.istaria.com regarding broken quests. [More]

wtf is this?

We were promised infos on the consolid. process?! Hello? I hope not this is a lamestunt for atracting our attention away from the merge.
    If you are doing it, make it happen ASAP.
    Im not saying broken quest is nota priority but I thinkits importantgetting the consolidation done and working. Please don't keep us out of the loop.
    Info please!

We are deeply sorry but it will not be possible to post an update today about the planned consolidation for the European shards as promised. We hope to have all the needed information to post an updated plan before tomorrow evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    We are deeply sorry but it will not be possible to post an update today about the planned consolidation for the European shards as promised. We hope to have all the needed information to post an updated plan before tomorrow evening.
    I feel your pain Luca.... keep hanging in there, I am sure it is not your fault.
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Kita

Now thats all that is to it... Just a few words and that will calm down at least me... and many more ppl I think. [Y]

I agree at the end of the day most fans are really annoyed by the lack of communication being given, talk to use more (I know this is a scary thing to contemplate let alone do).
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

I am really convinced it is not the fault of GN, but the one AE not giving them the "merge information" (whatever they are) GN need.

With some bit of luck this game will be bought by a company having a better staff of managers, and people convinced that there acual and formal base of players are the solution of the reborn of this unique game.

Vindi

I'm just glad they are getting it over and done with, it's not whatI wanted to happen at this point in the game, I would have prefered it to happen when the US did their merger, but half way through the auctions it a bit daft in my opinion.

Good luck with the merger Luca, hope you can get us back up and running smoothly ASAP.

Vindi

I think the biggest problem is thestyle of communication. Luca tries probably his best but unfortunately itdoesn't seem to be enough from a player's point of view. Of course saying "We don't have any new information" is probably the truth and it might be enough information from GN's point of view. But as a player you want a little bit more information. You want to feel involved and being part of the whole process. The funny thing is that it wouldn't need many substantial words to accomplish that.

For example something like: "Sorry, we don't have any new information but we are in close contact with AE to get the necessary support for the planned merge. We are expecting to do the merge this evening but we still have some unsolved problems that might push the merge back 1 or 2 days. We will give you more information as soon as possible. Feel free to continue playing as normal and we will make sure that you get anotice at least 2hours in advancewhen server will go down. That information will be posted on login page and on mostknown forums. We will also give ingame messages about that every 30 minutes."

See what I mean? Players want to get at least the feeling that they know roughly what is going on behind the scenes. They want a fresh update of the actual situation and at least a smallstatement what will happen next. Even if you don't know exactly what will happen, try to give a vague outcast what comes next. Of course don't overdo this. Try not giving an fixed ETA when it is not 100% sure. You need to find a balance between hard facts andvague outcasts. No information is bad but giving a fixed time and then nothing happens, is also bad. But by just saying "We don't have any new information and will inform you when we know something new" is not good enough. Especially when this situation goes on already longer than just one day. As a player you think: "Well, theyhit usby surprise with the decision of the last minute merge and now I expected at least a quick and clean merge. But now we wait already some days and it still hasn't started. I was looking forward about the plots and then THAT. And now we are waiting without any idea when will something happen. That does mean that plots will be auctioned even later. That sucks."

People would be calmed down a bit at least if they get some sort of forecast. But being left in the dark is not good. Especially with all these negative news around us(US merger didn't go that well, alot of friends leave the game, smaller chance for plots with a merger, etc.).I hope you got my point.I am sure you can do better. And that with just a few more words at the right places.
    Mysk_unity | Mysko_earth_unity
    Paladin 100 | Helian Adult Dragon 50/100
    Tinkerer 100, Carpenter 100, Weaponsmith 94 and other classes
    ~ Horizons Order Server (Ex-Unity/Ex-Earth)~

Telic

Thanks for the info, but in all honesty it doesn't appease me one bit.
    I'd resigned myself to a merger the second it was announced, and knew that regardless of player opinion it would go ahead. I'd accepted that. I'd even accepted that it would have to happen to preserve the game. I've also come to terms with the fact that as a guild were probably going to loose any chance we may have had of a decent guild plot.
    But what I find is infuriating is all the messing around since. I've been idly passing away time in game for around two months now, its pretty much wasted time.
    Every broken promise just makes it more difficult to want to stay with the game and see what the new world will bring.

Its getting closer and closer to weekend.
    Are you, or AE, planning doing another worst scenario. Taking down servers friday afternoon and merging all weekend. That would be certainly be a way to upset players even more.

And please remember thet by not giving any info you open for all kinds of speculations.
    Smith Black
    Tinker/Blacksmith/Gatherer
    Cleric

talk to use more
    Should devs and Technicians spend loads of time at forums really? You know how much time you spend here your self. *smiles*

I want the merge to be done as soon as possible but if it isnt possiblefor GN to do it at this very moment then it isnt. Im sure Luca wants get this over with as well.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Avid

Devs and techies, no. Community managers, yes.

Tabea

Would be easy if surfing the boards can be the only thing Luca needs to take care.
    Luca isn`t only Community Manager, he`s also involved in Customer Support, promotes the game and travels a lot from time to time, it seems that he`s putting news and everything to the website (maybe + login site), he did the weekly newsletter and I`m sure he`s even sometimes there and does worldmaster tasks (because he was one in beta).

Sometimes I really think the GN Horizons team is a onemanshow with Luca, Luca and ... err yes Luca.
    And then you get constantly bashed because of happenings you can`t even change because it`s often the fault of another company. Sure GN did their own mistakes too, but to me it seems like most of the time it`s Artifacts failure.

I don`t want to be in Lucas position.

I get responses in bug reports from Ryson Stormbringer at GN. I've also had Luca post on bug report saying he will respond himself (implying Luca != Ryson).

Anyone know who the GN Ryson is?
    Felice TINK 100 / GTH 96 / MIN 81 / Adv gimp
    Shredder T4 Spellcrafter
    Wind Server

I just want it to go right, and smoothly... not them rush into it and then me login to find myself a hatchling again, or something else!

But purrlease don't take it down all weekend! That's the only decent time I can play at the moment and my car's broken!! Not this weekend... you can't fly where I am in England as you tend to get hit by airliners, so even dragons have to drive here... [:P]

Spirit

Earth has been "healthy" which is short for UNhealthy for weeks now, even through several maint shutdowns and I think a patch..

also, I'd like to congratulate the people of this forum on deleting my posts in this thread, typical for the average "so what if something is wrong, we cant see it if we stick our head in the sand deep enough" mentality which seems to be flowing in certain circles to which I still pay subscription money
    Myca Ghimerov, Fiendish Wizard, Sorcerer, Enchanter, Mason. Retired.

Proud Member of the Steel Phoenix

Thread Information