Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [EU] European Consolidation

Mutrock

Default Re: [EU] European Consolidation

The player base feedback is something important for us and something that it's obviously part of this decision, but something as "big" as merging three shards into one will take in consideration several different factors and each one of them with a different priority level.
    Luca may I ask what factors these were and which had what priority?

LordBouli

Indeed, the whole poll wasn't more then a cheap way to give some people the idea they actualy have anyting to bring in. Most people clearly were against all 3 eu servers packed on 1 server.

Until now i still had hope, now they even took that away with this foolish action. And because they controll the board these nagative things will be deleted awai soon.

I'm verry, verry disapointed in the whole afair.

> Still the feedback gathered in the past few days helped us in this decision as well.

Lovely, what was the feedback?.

Anubus-Earth

Ok, its done, there gonna do it. I disagree and I REALY feel strongly about it. Its a clown shoes of a descision but we are stuck with it.

So.... VOTE FIRE... Because Balance is going to be a pun filled name, call it a protest vote if you wish!

Balance had fell over, Balance is unsteady... COMON!

Least with fire they know what sore of a melting pot it will be.

Gonna be good to make some new friends on the new server and meet some of the folks I have seen post for so long on Taz... got to look on the bright side as the Monty P team says.

FUM

/e puts his feet up and gets the popcorn with extra butter. Oh yeah this will be good. [:D]

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    Just to clear out something very quickly.

We started a survey to gather your feedback and your thoughts about the situation (as stated in the news and in the poll), we have never said that it was a poll to decide what would have happened to the European shards.

The player base feedback is something important for us and something that it's obviously part of this decision, but something as"big" as merging three shards into one will take in consideration several different factors and each one of them with a different priority level.

Still the feedback gathered in the past few days helped us in this decision as well.

Luca,

You are contradicting yourself here ... IN the announcement of the poll you stated : (And I quote!)
    While we plan all the work that this decision would require and while we think about all the possible consequences (and related reactions) involved we have set up a feedback poll for you all on the support website.

Spread the word to your friends as we would like to have everyone involved in this decision.

This says to me that hte poll was to decide also if the merge would go ahead or not together with the opinions within GN.
    Can I ask you if it is possible to release the players feedback poll on the announcement of a possible merge, but at the same time the reasons for GN that have made the merge a Fact.

While we all prefer to stay on our own shard as it is now, I think that at the same time we do not want to see HZ to be gone totally (well I least I don`t)

At the same time I got a few other questions for you :
    1. Will the merge be the same as the NA merge, which measn a shard for players who wantto be roleplay ?
    2. When you do the merge, will there be also a lagfix in it ? Cause with the current population the lag is already high and will only increase with more people on it.
    3. The merge will go-ahead tomorrow evening ... .I hope that the meaning of your word Evening is very late (eg 3-4am) there otherwise you will take a peakmoment of the day out again for all of us .. (and I have nothing else to do in the evenings)

Xante .

Ded Yaga

Really trying hard to share your optismism Anubus as i too beleive hz is a great game but its hard when you have no faith in those who control it anymore.

/e puts his feet up and gets the popcorn with extra butter. Oh yeah this will be good.

From britannica.com:

Vulture

Any of 20 species of bare-headed, keen-sighted birds of prey found in temperate and tropical regions.

New World vultures (family Cathartidae) are 24?28 in. (60?70 cm) long. Old World vultures (family Accipitridae) include the smallest (20 in., or 50 cm, long) and the largest vulture species. The cinereous, or black, vulture (Aegypius monachus), one of the largest living birds of flight, grows to about 40 in. (100 cm) long, weighs almost 30 lbs (13 kg), and has a 9-ft (2.7-m) wingspread. Most species eat carrion, garbage, and excrement but will occasionally eat a live animal.

This remids me of an old, oldStar Trek episode, where our heroes found an alien race that had no life but sucking like bloodsuckers off the mind of other, truly living beings.

We got our alien variation over there, that has the enhanced feature of living off the disease and suffering of the other truly, living beings.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Syrith_Ice

goody well done GN you've just killed Hz in europe

90% of my guild have left and now you've ignored everything the players said and decided to merge the shards.

Congratulations I've never seen feedback so soundly ignored in all my life. I know you never said the poll or other comments were to make the decision but maybe just maybe you could have listened.

I love Hz but now it is far too late to pull it back from the steady decline. I'll be amazed if the game is still running by the time my sub runs out in Feb. Oh dear [:S]

Lovice

Given the state of both the game and the EU community I find Balance quite unfitting, if not offending.

hehe it happened like i said before!

merge lol

oh GN why?

my accountexpired today and i paid for another time! today!

and now the next days will be server down? how long?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    and now the next days will be server down? how long?
    As stated in the news as soon as possible we will release more information about the work start time and the possible length of the downtime.

All this time will be credited back to all the active accounts as soon as the new shard is back online.

Default [EU] Let's do it well

Since it has been decided to merge our shards into one and really soon, I'd love to make acquaintance with my new neighbours.

I'd like for us to avoid the ex-shard wars about channels usage, prices and other less than desiderable stuff that would make even more people wary of staying.

How does it work on your shards, mates?

On ICE we have:

- a semi-deserted general chat

- a very busy market (not marketplace) channel that more or less makes up for both general and marketplace. Here you WILL see people hugging, saluting (the most famous at least), congratulating sometimes on new level and talking about market but not just that. Sometimes we go on to talk of off topic stuff for a while.
    I.e. the whole sorry merge story has been discussed on it.

- a scaled channel that groups several dragons (it's the main dragon channel). Of course dragons is devoid. Somehow we on ICE are very proud of our original channels.

- an helian channel with some Helian dragons

- a rebuilding machines channel that is used well... to shard wide machine rebuilding organization.

- a Cylian, a Kasira, a Tree and a Lawless that are specially nice and neat people that you'll learn to love.

- a me. 'nuff said [6] [H]

Now, please tell me about you. The more we know in advance the less attrition we'll have after the merge.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

FUM

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh

This remids me of an old, oldStar Trek episode, where our heroes found an alien race that had no life but sucking like bloodsuckers off the mind of other, truly living beings.

We got our alien variation over there, that has the enhanced feature of living off the disease and suffering of the other truly, living beings.
    do·do [img]http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/********.jpg[/img] (P)Pronunciation Key(dd)
    n. pl. do·does or do·dos
    1. A large, clumsy, flightless bird (Raphus cucullatus), formerly of the island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean, that has been extinct since the late 17th century.
    2. Informal. One who is out-of-date, as in dress or ideas.
    3. Informal. A stupid person; an idiot.

All this time will be credited back to all the active accounts as soon as the new shard is back online.

Does this include all players who are on the 7day free trail or the 30 free days of the cd ?

Belog

If you think that they aren't alwayslistening to you, maybe you should consider that fact that someone is ALWAYS complaining on here and after awhile it justdoesn'tfaze people anymore. Personally, I'm staying and every person I've talked to is as well. It's funny, but i don't ever hear anyone say anything good on here. Even if they do like the game, the only time people bother to talk is when they're complaining. I'd like to go on the record as saying that this game rocks and I've played it more than I've played any other game since Final Fantasy III. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's a lot of fun. The only reason it will go under is if everyone does quit, because they won't be making the $'s. I talked to a guy ingame yesterday, he'd been playing for 2 days and already had the attitude rubbed off on him. It just makes me wonder why people would play something that they hate as much as some people obviously do.

Well I'm not happy about this at all but theres nothing i can do about it.

At least luca give us the End of the world events now.
    And let it last long, starting at around 19:00 or 20:00 cet when most players will be on. Give us some fun for our money.

We get 1 server.
    So please, Please give us a WM.
    yes a world master. that can do active events with us, that responds to petition and whatnot.
    To give us some Long overdue customer service.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Default Re: [EU] Let's do it well

Nice words Vahrokh and thanx :)

I am looking forward very much to meeting and greeting some new peeps in Istaria also. I am sure we will become a community of friends.

Exciting times ahead, so let`s look to a bright future with a world of compadres fighting against a common enemy - The Withered Aegis!
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

Nords

Heh I didn't us EU players were as whiney as our US counterparts.

Guess you guys proved me wrong....

Default Re: [EU] Let's do it well

On wind we have:

- Windcommunity, the general chat used by all
    - Bazaar, the trading channel. Always very busy
    - Dragons, our own Dragon channel for general draconic banter

We also have to usual array of event related channels, extremely nice dragons, assorted grumpy dwarfs and other cool bipeds.

Im sure we will all get along fine. Us euro's are used to getting mixed up with one another.

I wonder what will happen, will all flock to the system channels with the bot admin or will new general, trade, dragons, etc chennels be formed.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Thread Information