Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [EU] European Consolidation

Lystiga

Default Re: [EU] European Consolidation

Hi,
    once more you show us Luca and GN that you know nothing about the player on the European
    shards. You create a Survey to gather our meaning about the planned merge.
    The response on that Survey is what the most know - negative, sure you make it not visible.
    You know exactly why, didn't you ?
    Did you never feel that creating a survey and doing exactly conträry what the result of the survey must have been, is to provocate again ?
    I think all the Guildleaders have done more to save Istarian than GN and their "Many hours of no Support". No WM, no fast reaction (remember some long timeRollbacks).
    I really hope for a loving game and a great Community that you this time know what you are doing.
    I will give you a big excuse if you this timewereright, that there will be 3 times more player on a server, without massive lags and horrible lag of Mobspawn. I fear with all the Friends who wants to cancel a sudden death of "my" World of Istaria.
    We, who stay in this Game have really shown our patience, paid our money. The last 1 1/2 Month for a Game what give us player 50 % of what we are paying for.
    But we shown patience, well knowing that AE devs working hard. It's your turn now GN and AE.

Lystiga

Default Re: [EU] Let's do it well

What can we realistically do about the duplicated channels?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

On Earth we have :
    - German (the Chat for the germans ^^)
    - Silver Leaf Inn (english-speaking guys)
    - francais or something like that (the channel for french-people, very low population)

We have the ECA, Earth Community Alliance, but ECA organizes normally only the Big Events (Feladan, Satyrs, Dryads).
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

Default Vote SnargleGussetTrembler

Anything but Europe please.

Pesonally I would have preferred "B Ark", but it seems to have been left off the list. Undeterred I have voted 10 times for a different choice.

Hint to GN: Cookie-based polls are a measure of who can be bothered to write a script to vote their choice to the top.

Felice TINK 100 / GTH 96 / MIN 81 / Adv gimp
    Shredder T4 Spellcrafter
    Wind Server

Quote Originally Posted by Xante
    All this time will be credited back to all the active accounts as soon as the new shard is back online.

Does this include all players who are on the 7day free trail or the 30 free days of the cd ?
    Definitely yes.

...I'm pretty sure 'scaled' will we re-formed relatively quickly on the new shard. I invite all dragons and other lunatics to join. We're the same people behind the 'Ice babble' threads on Tazoon and here...

Default OK then, merger...

...it's gonna happen, and gonna happen fast (fortunately). Plots will be usable again, and hopefully some issues we have seen after major upgrade fixed. Let's make the best out of it, shall we..?

I think if we all treat eachother with respect we gonna be fine.

I for one looking forward to meet new people, getting to know them and having some fun.

Things that do worry me though are as follows:

1. Overcrowding at hunting spots(Dont know if it will happen 100%)
    Even if a hunting spot gets crowded, the last thing we want to do is start to KS right and left. So lets all try to show some courtesy to eachother and make this work. Its in our best interest. not to create tension and bad feelings.
    Players that feel like that, usually leave and we dont want that.

2. "Shard" hostility.
    "You stinking Earthling!"
    "Get out of my spawn Windy"
    "Why are you selling your stuff so cheap Ice man?"

Stuff like that. :)

Again, its all about tolerance.

The first days after merge will be the hardest, its the period when everyone needs to adapt to the new reality.
    Show some patience and constraint and treat each other good, things will work out ok.

Hope to see you all in our new Server.

Best Regards
    Anikitos

Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Of course we'll have to walk again every plot to re-bid and re-make all our hotkeys and lose the techs on consigned items, will us?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Default Re: OK then, merger...

Absolutely

I'm not fond of the merge, but I am quite happy to see that they do it as fast as they do.
    The sooner these horrible times without plots are done with, the sooner we can get back to the game we love.

I am looking forward to logging in some time late next week to lots of new friends and a plot to build something on.

Horatio

Ok so the Merge goes ahead. We all knew that it wouldas soon as it was announced, regardless of the player-base input / feedback on this matter.

I can't speak for anyoneexcept me Luca, butI give GN 1 week after the merge, to make good on their promise that the new consolidated server will be fully functional. And by that I mean;

1. Nolag (loot lag, db lag, form lag or any other kind of lag)
    2. A fully working and bug free auction system
    3. Hardware in place to cope witha three-fold increase in player numbers...
    4. Dedicated WM's who play an active role both in game and on these forums..
    5. A prompt and fair resolution to character name conflicts
    6. Did I mention no lag?

I've read all the posts, seen all the blurb on how its all going to be hunky-dory and work perfectly first time, and to be frank Luca, based on past record,I just don't believe you.

Prove me wrong before my next payment is due.

Syrith_Ice

now I've clamed down a bit

I wish GN and AE good luck with the merge. And I really hope it owrks when you've finished or there will be no one to play the nice new shard.

[:(]

argh ! merge Order with Chaos !? NOOOOOO!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

EU merger.
    Not NA.
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

I dont think there has been any shard rivalry on the post-merger Order. Some connie prices were erratic until players settled in but otherwise it all seemed pretty smooth .... but Hz doesnt have PvP does it [A]
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Astron

How can you guys be more wrong with the timing? You should have waited at least until either EQ2 or WoW comes out so you can justify this move.

In my opinion, this is all about making a larger profit over the backs of long time players, and most of them hardcore fans.

Bad move, bad timing, bad everything. [:@]

*sigh*... I love this game to bits, have tried several times to get my friends to play it but they all hook off on the beta feel.

It was uppered in the windcommunity channel today, thats what we should call the new server

beta

Astron Hoofmantle

long gone by now

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio

Ok so the Merge goes ahead. We all knew that it wouldas soon as it was announced, regardless of the player-base input / feedback on this matter.

I can't speak for anyoneexcept me Luca, butI give GN 1 week after the merge, to make good on their promise that the new consolidated server will be fully functional. And by that I mean;

1. Nolag (loot lag, db lag, form lag or any other kind of lag)
    2. A fully working and bug free auction system
    3. Hardware in place to cope witha three-fold increase in player numbers...
    4. Dedicated WM's who play an active role both in game and on these forums..
    5. A prompt and fair resolution to character name conflicts
    6. Did I mention no lag?

I've read all the posts, seen all the blurb on how its all going to be hunky-dory and work perfectly first time, and to be frank Luca, based on past record,I just don't believe you.

Prove me wrong before my next payment is due.
    account 1 expires 30/10 account 2 expires 5/11 there's your deadline to make true an the promises of a fully functional EU shard .........

heh heh...

See you guys on the other side....

lets make a leap of faith... again....

ps. if all fails EQII is around the corner to go vent some frustration while HZ gets fixed

Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Ade

EQII is not for venting off frustration. It's for getting more frustrated. (I was in beta)

Becky Sterling

Merge this!

My two accounts are no longer on autobilling! This is no way to treat loyal players!

Thread Information