Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: [EU] European Consolidation

Anubus-Earth

Default Re: [EU] European Consolidation

Since this is going to happen anyway, no matter what we think, then we are going to have to make the best of it.

I hope we can work hard to build a new community, get to know eachother and work to loose our predisposed favoritism to old faces and get to know the new ones.

May as well make the best of a bad situation, since nothing we do or say will change one thing :(

So... see you all in game and lets all fight the lagmonster together.

I am not surprised at all that a merge is needed, but like other folks, I find the timing quite odd.

I think the best that we can hope for during this merge is that lessons were learnt and that it will be a seamless transition to this new server without the chaos that appeared to happen during the NA servers merge process.

Good luck everyone..... see you all on thisnew server, Fire, Europe, Beta, Brokenland or whatever it gets called.

Rainbow

Surprise surprise I guess. Ah well ...
    None of the server names for vote are really knocking me from the chair, I thought "balance" at first sounds nice but now with facing it as "I'm xyz at Balance" - sounds like I'm on diet. :(
    Nobody liked "Reborn"?

Horizons Empire

Storm_walker

A Merge!!

Why the heck wasn't this done at the same time as the US one!?

Has the Eu population fallen so much in the last month!

AE how do you keep making these mistakes, do you want us to quit!?

Lanfea

there are so many pro's and contra's about this merge. and for sure, there are many complains about howhz was managed. some friends i've found in hz left this game. maybe cause of their missing patience, maybe of the missing motivation.

as others said here before, we are playing a 50% game for more than 4 weeks.

"All this time will be credited back to all the active accounts as soon as the new shard is back online."

so, my guess about getting back a little reputation will be also a 2 weeks (or more) credit for this 'beta' time for all accounts, which were active in the last 2 month. maybe you have luck, andmost of thefrustated player will come back,will give hz a second but last chance and will stay.

'don't let the players pay for others mistakes!!'

don't know your buisness strategy for the next month, don't know your contracts with ae. but if you're really interested in keeping hz alive and earn some money with it, you have to act, quickly, not with 'maybe upcoming promotion activities' in spring 2005.

one last word to the merge and the poll. after the merge in the us, it was clear that a merge for eu also will come, everyone who can read between the lines would have know that. and for sure, you made the mistake to underestimate the players. the poll wasn't really necessary, the poll hurts your image and your credibility. take position, be honest and try to gain back some of it. my opinion.

i'm curious about all the new players, i'm curious about the landscape of istaria in one month, i'm curious about the lookabouts of the towns andgildplots.....

4 Weeks left on my account enough time to see the server working or not.
    If we get a better performance as it is atm with lootlag up to 1 minute, formula loading takes endless and mobs not showing up until weare standingstill for a whilei willstay here.
    If GN does think they can cut costs by 66%simply bydoing a 3to1 merge without boosting the serverpower behind the new "shard" they will fail .....

The game got worse the last patches ... mobs not showing/ lootlag / spawn cut in half (spiders/wolfes at least on earth) plots/auctions not working.. and now we get the next hit with the merge. Nice timing!

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Exavier

Like I suspected we don't have a word to have said.

I have taken a break the last couple of weeks, right now I am not sure if I am staying though. I loved Hz from the first time I played it but lately GN cares ******** about their player base... I will return to horizons... I will give it a chance but I can not say if I am staying anymore

I think it is redicilous for GN to manipulate their player base as they did. They made it seem like EU players had something to have said in this but to them it was a win win situation. They had made the decision if enough supported them they would become great heroes because they listened to the player base and I bet you the numbers from the poll would have been released long ago. If people weren't supporting them they could always sling out "we didn't promise we would follow the poll... blablabla"

Of course I don't have anything against Ice and Earth.. what I am against is the way we were treated by GN..

-snort-

credit back the game time of server down while the merge? wow thanks luca

i hope the merge will work!

and please improve the DB, else all players will be VERY unhappy

Luca. Now when the decision is made, lets do it fastest possible. *smiles*

Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Taralas

Perhaps, after the Merge there will be more customers to buy my food-sets [A]

But in the end, they reduce the fix-costs and we have the chance to create a new community and we can merge our power to do great things on that single shard.

Let us do the best with this situation and hope, we will get our plots back as soon as possible. We will build houses and i want my Tavern.

So harry up and give us the Plots back. Thats what WE need. Who wants to play on an empty world?

Oh well such is life [;)] Although current state of afairs and events in HZ has gotten everyones 'back up' [B] I'm sure that with the loyal fans out there this game will continue to live; saying that tho with the release of other big titled games soon to hit the stores AE really gotta get their collective finger out & get this one back on track, lest it become a '0ne shard ghost town'.

Thx Vah for ur kind words ;)

Ohh wait i got a cool name for the new shard =
    CEMETARY !

what ? u don't like it? get used to..........
    on the road again !
    100 Warr/100 clrc/100 Berserker
    Born of Black Wind, Fire & Steel !

Farre

Well oki you did make the merger fast after announcement that is fine, most player could guess that the poll was a smoke screen, and you needed to do this, so it's fine too,some of us don't like it,but might be this or game ends.

What I dont like, is as other players have noticed too, the Loot lag (and invisible mob). But the loot lagHAVE to go, and fast, both my account are off autobilling now. So would you please post here when that loot lag is fixed, It takes longer to loot a corpse thanit takes to kill the monster.

I amand so are several of my Guild friends starting to lookfor another game now. It has been fun, it could still be fun in HZ but this loot lag is pissing me off.... to another game.

For my part you will have around 14 days then my accounts is out and me too.

Greetz Farre (Wind)
    100 healer / 100 wizard / 100 warrior
    45 Conj (and still waiting for corps to open)
    85 miner / 82 Jewl / 79 Alche / 70 Tinker / 62 BLK

It was fun......

Avid

The only way Tugla Games is going to make any money out of HZ is to write up the past 12 months experience in a book and sell it to the rest of the industry as How to Lose Players and Alienate Communities.

Having said that, here's to an error free merge...

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    Dear players,

after an accurate analysis of the situation based also on the feedback gathered through the poll on the support website and reading various forums on the Internet, we have decided that a consolidation for the European shards would be the best choice for the future of Horizons: Empire of Istaria here in Europe.
    Looks like the only decision that was taken from the poll ws the timing: now or never. No waiting of x weeks before anything happens.

Regarding the names: none of the 5 names fits. Fire may be in the tradition of the Earth, Wind and Ice. I'd stillprefer Phoenix, and after all, thats the targeted goal of the merged server, isn't it?

Anyhow, it's inevitable now that we do get an ACTIVE WM on that server. Oh, and don't forget the tons of buildings that now need to be fixed after the merger. You don't have another 10 weeks to start thinking about repairing that. As soon as the server is back up and working, get the ******** machines, bridges, walls, ... done that we finished so long ago!
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

To bad the "lets do it well" thread got merged into this one.
    that was a good place to discuss the forming of new channels and what not with our future shardmembers.
    personally I think its easier and more ordened to keep those two discussions seperate as this thread is more about being very angry with GN and AE.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Robert Quicksilver

Here are some questions that I'm sure everyone wants to know the answers to. (Well I do anyway)

1) When will merge process start?

2) How long will the merge take?

3) Will the merge include the latest patches?

4) Will duplicate names be given _WIND and _EARTH for example.

5) What kind of performance improvement does merging the servers yield?

6) Will we have more events when the servers are merged?

...they're gonna do it this week methinks...

Vetro_Stormwind

Is it really worth opening up a old a/c just get, messed around with for a whole week.

what Happen's Now !

The note from Luca stated they would start the merger tonight.

I hope that they succeed in starting it tonight, as I want it over with as fast as possible, so I can get back to playing my favorite game again...with a plot to build on.

Thread Information