Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant create an account

the traveler

Default Cant create an account

Or maybe it's just me.
    I'm attempting to create my Horizons account. I played in beta, and just now got around to coming back. Chastise me for that part later.
    When I attempt to create an account I get a server error after clicking finish.

Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    Artifact.IPay.IpayResponse.ParseDoc() +80
    Artifact.signup.CreateSubscription() +1070
    Artifact.signup.btnSubmit_OnClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) +460
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputButton.OnServe rClick(EventArgs e) +108
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputButton.System. Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(St ring eventArgument) +57
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +138
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Version Information:Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

the traveler

Default Re: Cant create an account

Had to try again. Still not working.
    Woe is me who wishes to play a game.
    [:P]

Friendly bump - welcome back
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Wish I could help you, but I'm not the most tech savvy person...hopefully a dev or more intelligent player can help you out...

Glad you want to join us again too, and hope you can enter Istaria once more
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Only thing I can suggest is sending a PM on these boards to Amon or Zideon or Amadan. Or sending an email to
    support @istaria.com
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

the traveler

Sent the e-mail and I'll get the PM out.

Starrik

the traveler and others who cannot create an account, we are working on a solution to this problem. Just wanted to let everyone know that aremedy is in progress and we appreciate everyone's patience.

Starrik

the traveler

I appreciate it.
    I'll keep on trying.

the traveler

Still not working. Maybe it just isn't meant to be.

Apparently there is a problem with account creationg right now, but Tulga is working that out...so for now, you can't make an account...As soon as I hear that account creation is working again, I'll let you know...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak

Bi Tor

I guess I get to add my self to the list of people that can not create an account. I have recieved the same error as above. This would not be a real problem, as they are working on a fix. However I normally work over 60 hours a week. But this week-end I have an extra day off due to the holiday. That little extra time to play the game and start a new character, to replace the one that is over a year old, will be p$%%*d out the window due to yet another problem with this game.

I have yet to find another community like this one. But I need to ask; is this game still in beta testing, has the owners resolved there financial difficulties and will my child and I ever get to fly through that mountain pass and start hunting those iron golems?

We are out of the beta testing days, but unfortunantly there are still several things that are still being worked on and added...however, those have come out at a fast pace lately...

Horizons is no longer in financial trouble due to being purchased by Tulga Games, and are actually hiring out...and yeah, they know of the account creation problem, and are working on it...

You and your child will be able to fly after those pesky golems, and will probably love every minute of it...unfortunantly, (And I hate saying it) you will have to wait while yet another unexpected and previously unknown problem is taken care of...As far as I know, the inability to create an account is a fairly recent thing...

Ssilmath Torshak

Salena7

add me to the waiting list................................

Vinnie66

yep me too.. same error..

Don't you find it fun that whenever ad-emails are sent, whenever ads on magazines appear, then some neat bug in the registration prevents those who would be to play to even login?

It's really inexcusable to have such a vital part of the game broken. All the rest of the game could be broken but NOT the part that brings money in.

Gives newcomers the first cold shower about the game too.

Kudos [sn]
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Well, at least one good thing can be drawn from this - proof of newcomers by the handful. Unless all those reporting issues on this thread are actually only the one person [:P].
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Today one of my ex-guildies logged back to give his stuff away.

Told me that on WoW there's like 40 servers and they are bursting full (one full server = 4000 players there) and are opening new ones to get more people and they have sometimes to wait in queue up to 200 people before logging in.

I WISH Hz had such problems.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

the traveler

Still broken. Just my rotten luck I guess.
    I understand things happen. That's just the nature of life.
    I just wish the support e-mail I had sent had been replied to. Instead I have to keep checking the boards to see if any progress is being made, or even that the company was aware of the problem.

Self Sabotage has always been one of Tulga/AE's strong points.

I have no other words to describe an account creation system that does not work *sigh*

Thread Information