Thread: Wristbands and dyes

Default Wristbands and dyes

It seems some cloth, padded and cargo wristbands teched with dye do notappear colored when worn.Ironsilk cargo with moonlight and silken padded with obsidian I can say for sure. I do not have the means to exactly test which ones are o.k. Perhaps someone else can?

Cotton padded with black dye for example looks colored as expected.

Narkano

Default Re: Wristbands and dyes

Yup, I've noticed this aswell. However, there's no common factor that I can see (your Obsidian Silken Padded Wristbands defies the only factor that I had in mind -only affectedIronsilk Wristbands). It's affected my Dark Green Ironsilk Cargo Wristbands and my Dark Blue Ironsilk Padded Wristbands.

Funny how something as little as Wristbands can ruin the looks of your whole suit - lucky it's not so bad when yer holding a shield ;).
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

I can't attest for higher tiers wristbands (cargo) but Kenaf wristband texture wrapping has been buggered since beta. I've reported it numerous times and they still refuse to fix it (or forget about it take your pick). I can dye my wristbands but the only way you can tell they've even been dyed is if you can happen to notice the slash of texture here or there that shows it, otherwise the entire thing is orange (I'm a tawny Elf so our base model color is orange, most other races have white or white and pale blue checkered base model colors).

I don't doubt that this is the same exact issue you guys are having. My question is, is it only the female models or do the male models with the same gear have the same problem? For Kenaf Cargo Wristbands it is only the female models.

I made a set of Blood dyed Ironsilk Cargos for my GL (Male Half-Giant). No texture on the Wristbands.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Does it make any diffenrenceto use the "base" colors or some of the new ones? I ask sincemy level 51 black cotton padded wrists are colored black as they should while with that same character- a satyr -the new obsidian silken padded wrists appear white.

... and yes, the look of the whole suite is ruined, especially with dark colors likemoonlight, which is my favorite.

Narkano

I can almost 99% gaurantee it isn't the dye itself but the tier of the item. IOW, it isn't the dye it is the Padded Silken wrists. Try and use a different dye and as I said, guarantee the results will be the same. You might even want to try one with no dye at all, I don't doubt you'd get the same result. The texture is missing or miswrapped, period, and wristbands seem to be the primary target for missing/miswrapped textures.

Thread Information