Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon statistics strategies

Windaar

Default Dragon statistics strategies

I am currently a lvl 32/32 Dragon heading to the Lunus RoP. I have searched a bit but can't find any in depth discussions of which statistics are best for which dragons. Whether training points spent or techs on dragon scales. I'd love to see some detailed discussion about this.

So far I have been putting points into tooth & claw (50%), strength (25%) and primal (25%). I have armor scales. I have a couple of points into health. I relaly have nothing to compare this against other than when I have had some nice buffs. Str buffs really raise the amount of damage I do in melee attacks. armor buffs do seem to decrease the amount of damage I take. However overall I do not seem to have any definite numbers I can tie to specific stat increases.

So I am curious what many of you high level dragons have done and what do you suggest at different levels? Keeping in mind that at low tier armor yo ucan only have 1 or 2 techs per armor piece. Some I have seen have speed techs on wings, armor scales, some str techs, some resistance techs. I have never seen a pattern though. Also some have crafting techs they wear when crafting. However I am not sure if it is worth it yet for the time it takes to get the individual items needed for the techs.

Default Re: Dragon statistics strategies

It all depends what you want to get out of your dragon. The two most popular are:

50% Primal 50% Health - (What I use)
    50% T&C 50% Strength

If you wanted to be soley focused on primal damage:
    50% Primal 50% Power

If you wanted to be T&C based, but wanted to be able to tank better:
    50% Strength 50% Health (or possibly 25% Health, 25% T&C depending on how far you want to go. Some also throw a bit of primal in there enough to use T5 spells)

These are just a few suggestions. Some dragons also like to throw some evasion in there. It is all up to personal preference.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

I went 50% Evasion 25% t/c 25% primal
    Kalis Stormbreaker Dragon lvl 100/61

My training point and scale strategy has been: 50% of TPs to T&C, almost 50% to strength, a few points to Primal so that I can use several tier V spells. Scales are all armor based, teched with T&C, Strength and Dexterity except wherever it has been replaced with a slot or velocity tech.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I'm 45 % primal, 45% TnC, 5% power, 5% str.

Fighting scales are all expert armor, triple teched with primal, TnC, half have power as third tech , half have str asthird tech.

To many crafting sets to list, but im optimal on bout everything in the game.

Sharduk

Rilramar

hmm as I recall I have 50% primal 25%power and 25% focus but I apprecaite the way we can change things around and test them out..I am a caster full out..my partner is melee so we balance each other and it is a great deal of fun

hehe where do you got 4 burning embers?

i spent 290 tps in primal to get all t5 spells useable

i spent 600 tps in health (i thought it could help me to live longer)

i spent 210 tps in tc (because all my adv scales have tc on it)

previous i had 600 tps in tc and 600 in str.

the tps in str have been wasted :(

i got 5 craft skill gain :( and dealt 5damage per hit more

but now with my low rating of tc i miss to much

i have a real good tc stat but against the same rating 40% misses, its terrible

im unsure if i should wait for lvl 120 and then buy back my primal (while not loosing my spells)

or if i should buy back my health

I went for 50% primal 50% t&c. It adds a little bit of damage to each kind of my attacks, but mostly ups my chance to hit, which means i hit more often on higher level mobs. It seems to have helped my levelling, since i'm a level 40 and I can take on level 48s without silver strike or gold rage (although its very close). My scales are armor with T&C and Primal again i think, although I may have some power or strength techs, and the chest scale and foreleg scales are socketed.

I like this arrangement of training points because it promotes levelling. I get all my spells as soon as I'm a high enough level, which gives me a big advantage most of the time. I'm also more likely to hit, so although my hits might not be as strong, i get more of them in. Plus it allows me to modify my tactics for various fights, so for multiple enemies i can just area of affect them, for single ones just claw them, and any combination of the two i deem necessary.

I am a warrior, not a caster. (:

For training points I went 25% t&c, 25% primal, and 50% str. That essentially gives me 10 points of primal and t&c per level (with quests). I can scribe my spells close to the level requirement and I'll be able to scribe all of the unteched tier V spells (and tier VI when the cap is raised) - which is good enough for me. I'm just not sure about the points in str... I'm pondering swapping half or all of them to health so I can live longer in combat... although extra damage is always good.

For scales - armor is the only way to go really. I teched mine with t&c on everything but the chest, velocity on the wings, 4 sockets for various crystals, and str on the rest. I'm planning on adding health for the 3rd tech when I get my expert scales and putting speed back on the wings (I hate running slow!).

Crafting scales: It really depends on what skills you want/need to raise (like for your RoP). I personally like to up the processing skills so I can get to 2:1 on converting slabs/ore/essence to bricks/bars/orbs quicker. Use str scales for scalecraft, smelting, stoneworking, mining, & quarrying and power scales for spellcraft, gemworking, transmutation, & essence harvesting/shaping.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

I've spent on T/C, Strength, Primal, Health, Evation and Magic Evation. I've modified them so that Iget 930 primal (for spells), and put the leftovers in Health. Mydidtribution will change as the level cap is raised, or I get my primal stat boosted in other ways...I have the moston T&C...

Windaar

Heh well I'm still confused. Almost everyone who posted has different stats, and no real experimentation results that show which stats are better. I see that some think str does a lot, and others that say it doesn't. I do think everyone agrees on the benefits of armor. Would be nice to have some solid results where someone puts str all the way up to so effects and others who take it away completely and have T&C all the way up. Same for primal, power, etc etc.

I do thank everyone for the info posted so far.

training points are most useless at moment

you wont see any big change

try your determination ability and look at your damage or on your craft skills

i will change my stats again

50% tc
    50% primal

im a warrior too but with several mobs against me i uses all area damage spells

so i think i will do the best damage in every situation!

I don't think you're going to get actual numbers as I don't know of anyone who wants to crunch the numbers and take the time to test all the possible combinations of training points, scales, and buffs combinations.

I will saythat I have training points in tooth and claw, primal, and evasion. My tier 2 fighting scales are all armor. My chest and foreleg scales all have sockets for crystal buffs and my wing scales all have velocity. I have tooth and claw/primal spread out evenly over all the other slots. My chest scale has dragon's breath on it to take advantage of the burning embers crystal.

My in the works crafting set is power with scalecraft and spellcraft.

The reason I didn't put any training points in strength is that my number crunching fiance figured out that you do almost as much damage with a maxed out tooth and claw with the bonus of a better to-hit accuracy as you do if you fully max out strength.

Gliding Frost
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

*chuckles* I don't think you'll get anyone to agree on the best way to spend training points or tech scales. It's really up to how you play your dragon and what things you wish to do better.

If you're curious what stats do, check out this stat post with info straight from the devs on what stat does what and what gets calculated during combat. That should help you decide.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Been trying to solo Mhedon using just my own buffs + potions. I die every time to him, though I've come very close to killing him. At one point my next rage would have killed him, but he got me first .[:(]

Training points are approximately 25% each in T&C, primal, health, and strength. Strength is needed for crafting so I am not willing to lower it, and I like being able to cast all spells so don't want to lower primal. I've tried removing the points from tooth and claw and putting them into health, and visa versa. Current equipment is 10 tier 5 armor scales (forlegs socketed with quest crystals), all scales triple-teched except back which is unteched. Currently using triple-vengeance chest scale.

My current strategy is to activate refreshing breeze, spiked scales and gold shield, then pull with grazing winds or snarl and then close to melee range, whereupon I open with gold rage, silver strike, staggering howl, bite, ravage, tail slap, and drain strike. Always making sure to use gold rage the second it becomes available. I just can't quite keep up with the damage so he still kills me. Usually my shield wear's off then I die really fast.

I did find that with the help of biped gift and enhance buffs I could solo Mhedon. A tense fight but I still had nearly half my life left after the battle. Unfortunately without biped buffs (other than potions) I still can't quite take him.

Any suggestions on how to solo this guy are welcome. Mhedon is a fun but challenging foe.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Carnifex

Right now I am 50% health, 25% Strength, 25% power. I am considering switching between power and evasion, but honestly I've seen very little difference in either and may just switch to 50% health, 50% strength.

My scales are currently in bad disarray as I'm working on my net set of armor. I am going all Armor scales with a combination of max health Tier V techs, Tooth and Claw, and Slash, Crush, Pierce resistance tech. Basically I am building a super tank buildup.

My current hps are 3121 self buffed, and with the new armor will be around 3350, and armor should be somewhere around 1350-1400 when I'm done with all the new armor.

Carnifex Terrorclaw
    100 adv / 71 cra
    Ancient Pirates of Istaria
    Chaos Server

I used to have 50% of tps into health. I loved have close to 3200 life with my buffs up.

But then I encountered purple spiders that evaded 4 of every 5 attacks I made against them even though they were 9 levels lower than me. After that I decided that I needed much more tooth and claw just so I could hit these guys.

With increased tooth and claw I also hit a bit harder. One other advantage, is that its not necessary to debuff the target with grazing winds 5 first in order to maximize accuracy. the downside is that I don't have enough health to take Mhedon. But then again, even with 3188 life, I still couldn't take Mhedon, and have actually gotten closer to taking him with more T&C and less health.

I too am considering adding health V tech to my next set of armor scales. Perhaps tier V tooth and claw, with health and strength tech added to each scale (except for chest, forlegs and wings).

Unfortunately, the idea of getting new scales with T5 techs is really just a pipe-dream at this point. The new techs just aren't dropping, so its impossible to get new scales with tier V techs, even if the tech ingredients were available.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

what does primal vengeance do?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Primal vengance lowers the target's strength to 20% on 5% of your hits. Duration is 20 seconds. I recently had Kumu make me a chest scale like that, and so far I have been liking it. I try to open with a ravage before the mob can fire its own multi hit ability. That way I have a pretty good chance of landing vengance right away. It seems to drop a mob's damage by half or more. Although you don't get a message, it seems quite easy to tell when it has gone off.
    Lumineux Talar

Gaderath

I went 50/50 Primal and T&C.
    I recently removed all my T&C and put into evasion to see if that helped, while I did dodge more, I found that I missed with increasing frequecy that it was not worth gimping T&C. I have only yesterday managed to get enough buy-back to go back to 50% T&C and I am hitting a lot more frequently without grazing winds, without the T&C points I was having to use GW just to hit like I do with 50% in T&C.

I also have Triple Vengenace Chest scale and a Triple Eminence Chest scale. If I am fighting Melee mobs I use Vengenace, if I am facing casters I hot swap to the Eminence so I can stun them more frequently.

Opening combat goes :
    [*] Pull with Reach, as they appraoch hit with Snarl. (debuff it far enough out too)[*] Tail Whip[*] Ravage III[*] Silver Strike X[*] Bite[*] Staggering Howl.[*] Galewind[*] BoF if needed and it is ready.[*] Drain Stike if I have been hit.

By this time most mobs are debuffed:
    [*] 20% Base Strength from Vengenace[*] lowered attack skill[*] +25% recycle and Delay[*] Lowered ward to Slash and Primal and lowered Primal Resistance.

This will hamper just about every standard Mob ingame sub level 100 and will have dealt a lot do damage. Regardless of level you and your target is though one of the first attacks should pretty much be Tailwhip so your next attack will just about never miss and they cannot retaliate for 6 seconds. This is when you bring out the Ravage/Silverstrike combo and hit with bite. Even at low level when bite itself does little damage on the initial hit, the DoT effect is enough to keep damaging the mob even if you miss. Add to this the reflect from Spiked scales you can sometime win fights you really had no right to walk away from.

DoTs and Damage shield are ANY player's friend in combat.

Thread Information