Thread: Pleased with a new trend, OH! and here is an idea...

Default Pleased with a new trend, OH! and here is an idea...

Was watching MP, general, help, and new player lastnight, and was very pleased to see a new trend beginning.

I saw some of the regulars in General, but also some new folks wanting to help. There was even some folks in help for a short bit. New player is still not joined by any, but hopefully when we HAVE a bunch of new players it will begin there too.

We are also seeing a response from those taking advantage of the free month to return to us after extended leaves. Plus, totally new players willing to check out Horizons. All this bodes well for the future of the game.

Community is what ties us together, and since titles could cause resentment, and "official" programs are feared for various reasons, here is an idea...

Join these channels. Create alts to greet and instruct new players, and even provide for their needs. Pull together like we did before during the events. Forget about bickering about whos ideas have merit, and just do something. If you get grief for the positive acts you perform, pay no attention, shoot just put them on ignore and keep on going.

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Default Re: Pleased with a new trend, OH! and here is an idea...

Yep. It's certainly good to see new people on the chat channels, and the help the plank owners are offering.

I have yet to see a newb's question answered with "STFU n00b." And I don't think I ever will see that in HZ.

Agreed.

One tool some may not be aware of is a chat window mod that allows up to 20 (IIRC) chat tabs in each window. The thread is here:

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=54695

It would be very handy if, BY DEFAULT, all new characters STARTED with General, Marketplace, Help, and (if appropriate) Dragon tabs already set up in their main chat window...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

AZVladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    Was watching MP, general, help, and new player lastnight, and was very pleased to see a new trend beginning.

I saw some of the regulars in General, but also some new folks wanting to help. There was even some folks in help for a short bit. New player is still not joined by any, but hopefully when we HAVE a bunch of new players it will begin there too.
    There is an odd trend that goes on in MP. Someone said ' I need a steel Sewing Needle' and no one responds, almost like they didn't hear it, even if they ask twice. However, if you say 'I can do it' then typically three other people jump in with an offer to help and whoever is in the most convient position to help gets the work. So my comment is, don't be afraid to offer. I offered 4 times last night and only ended up doing aSewing needle. The toon brought his own materials to Fela (where I was at) and it took less than 60 seconds.

There is also a MMPORG Karma at work here, most of the time it comes back. Look at Guiness, our Chaos tailor who is ALWAYS willing to make armor or stand around while we go to Bristugo for forgotten comps. Oddly enough, Guiness also has far less trouble getting comps or techs than many of us, funny how that works out.

AZV

Guinness is in fact... THE MAN!!!
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Thread Information