Thread: Lightning Arrows

Default Lightning Arrows

So what do my fellow archers think? I seem to be doing less dmg now, and would hate to have to give up my stun. As I said in another post, may be observer error. What have you noticed?
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Matecuss

Default Re: Lightning Arrows

So far I'm finding a quite visible disparity between Lightning Arrows and not using it at all.

Tier 5 Golems/Trees with lightning arrows, 80-100 damage
    Tier 5 Golems/Trees without, 100-150 damage.

I'll need to play more to get any more definite conclusions.

Did some almost, but not quite, scientific testing last night and foundI do significant less dmg. to metal andstone golems with lightning arrows on. My advice is to take off lightning arrows when fighting these mobs and use stuns.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Krald

Yeah well they were always weak to piercing, so good idea really.

I wonder if you have flame, ice or energy attack on which damage type takes priority?

Well, at least theres more choice now :o

Matecuss

flame/ice/energy attack doesnt seem to help any. Perhaps it's because only getting 7 nature per level would explain the sudden drop?

Krald

no no no, thats got nothing to do with it.

The damage drop is entirely to do with the change of damage type to nature with lightning arrows on. You see, those metal golems were always weak to piercing damage which we do normally with our bows and crossbows (without lightning arrows), so thats the reason for the percieved drop with lightning arrows on.

spell skill has nothing to do with it.

We know this because when you put flame attack on even if you only have say 80 flame, your damage does not drop on a mob with no resistances or weaknesses because you are doing flame damage Your damage is still based upon your bow or crossbow skills and strength rather than flame skill..

As for my question, I was pondering if maybe if you put flame attack on first, and then lightning arrows, would the flame attack take priority or the lightning arrows, thats something I'd like to know.

Flame Attack definitely takes priority over Lightning Arrows for damage-type purposes, as noted by a consistent 130-180 damage per shot against Thistleface.

Thread Information