Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Got The Low Down Summoning Blues!

Default I Got The Low Down Summoning Blues!

As a level 100 Conjurer and having gained 12 points per level in Summoning I gained 23 Abilities listed under Summoning. Of those 4 are combat stances, plus Engulf,Counterspell Other,Multicast and Gift Slot 5 which are not unique to Conjurer. That leaves 15 which 3 of that 15 are Passive skills. So that leaves 12 useable skills. 4 of those are Glaring Quills I,II,III and IV.

Now add in the spells listed as Summon Spells... Ice Hammer,Flame Spear,Shining Blades and Training Conjurers Mark.

Now I enjoyed being a Conjurer but there just seems to be something missing in the School. I just cannot put a finger to it![:$] The base school Mage gains 10 points per level in flame as opposed to a Conjurers 9 points and there is no Ice repeater. So I rely mainly on my flame skills in combat.

Now I know you are all busy but perhaps maybe after the Dragons are satisfied you could take a peek at this? I am reluctant to multiclass but if a class is not complete......<shrugs>[:'(]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Default Re: I Got The Low Down Summoning Blues!

I really hope so.

After all, now dragon got bugs fixed plus new things etc.
    Monks got some pity^^ too.
    And ELARS.

Maybe you are next on the plan...
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Give them the ability to realy summon Dammit. Hammers and fireflys don't cut it they need pets.

Here here! Pet spells (even disappearing ones)! Ice Repeater!

The special abilities are ok, the spells need attention first.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Azuria

The ability to actually SUMMON something tangible would be nice. [+o(]
    e.g. Summon Water/Fire/Ice/Energy elemental.
    or Summon strawblights or baby Kwellen.
    or Summon familiar

Umm by 12 points per level are you counting training points? As conjurer gets 10 summoning skill per level.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Hmmm Listed on the Boards as 12 points but that would explain why my Base Summons is not 1000 at level 100.[;)]

You know, thanks for the heads up PJ I never noticed that descrepency before! [:$]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Charlson

Also, conjurers... kinda dissappointing but you start getting the skill from level 20 onward so you have the mage's skill to level 20 and the conjurer starts. Check your ice skill for example which should be 10 per level but yet you max out at either at like 970, etc.

pets cant happen till there is a world model in place.

I thought they got 11? BLeh, what do I know :)
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

maybe they get even less......im a lvl49 conj with 450 - 480 base summoning or something like that but i agree we need some nice big thing to call upon and start frying things

Quote Originally Posted by Charlson
    Also, conjurers... kinda dissappointing but you start getting the skill from level 20 onward so you have the mage's skill to level 20 and the conjurer starts. Check your ice skill for example which should be 10 per level but yet you max out at either at like 970, etc.
    Armorer's and Paladins also have this problem, as do almost all prestige classes...Armorers top out at 980 armorcrafting skill, and Pallies at 770 Life (I think, not in game to check it)...Perhaps a quest or something could come out that will allow those who get 10 Armorcraft skill per level to max at 1000 armorcraft, or thost with 8 Life gained per level can cast Revite V without spending training points that they shouldn't have to...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

At 100 paladin i can use revite V but using a ton of tps i can cast revite V with 2 T3 techs we get 8 life per lvl and 7 augementation

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath

Armorer's and Paladins also have this problem, as do almost all prestige classes...Armorers top out at 980 armorcrafting skill, and Pallies at 770 Life (I think, not in game to check it)...Perhaps a quest or something could come out that will allow those who get 10 Armorcraft skill per level to max at 1000 armorcraft, or thost with 8 Life gained per level can cast Revite V without spending training points that they shouldn't have to...
    That's what multiclass is for you can get 1200 life at 100 without spending a single tp. The only class that has to use tp for their spells is one that isn'table to multiclass.

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    That's what multiclass is for you can get 1200 life at 100 without spending a single tp. The only class that has to use tp for their spells is one that isn'table to multiclass.
    That's not entirely accurate. The only schools that can scribe all their spells teched outis wizard (energy spells, highest is triple teched Energy Bomb 1040 energy).

Life tops out at 1080, not sure where you pulled 1200 from(highest life spell triple teched major health needs 1090 to cast)

And those are the schools which get 11 per level in a casting skill.

Every other school which gets 10 per level needs to use training points to scribe teched spells.

Sorceror which tops out at 960even needs to use training points to scribe an unteched Daunting mist (970 mind).

healer 12 life points per lvl

No Healer is 200 life (from cleric) + 11 life per level x 80 levels for 200+880 for 1080 life at level 100. I know this as a level 100 healer. No school gets 12 skill per level in anything.

the point is you don't have to use tp to get your spells.
    Plus skills don't add onto one another in horizons. As a level 80 healer getting 11 per lvl he will only have 880 skill not 880+200 from cleric this game over rites skills for the highest they don't add onto one another.
    They could however go to lvl 80healer and then spend 600tp for 200life skill,but that is a waste when they could just take the class to 100 and spend 0 training points.

Altair

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    the point is you don't have to use tp to get your spells.
    Plus skills don't add onto one another in horizons. As a level 80 healer getting 11 per lvl he will only have 880 skill not 880+200 from cleric this game over rites skills for the highest they don't add onto one another.
    They could however go to lvl 80healer and then spend 600tp for 200life skill,but that is a waste when they could just take the class to 100 and spend 0 training points.
    You Might wanna rethink that. I believe PJ is right.

200 Life from Cleric to be able to join the school

And 11 points per lvl the next 80 (880)

200+880= 1080

Altair Argannon
    EoI

Krald

I feel conjurer's did get the short end of the stick at least, when I last played mine. Which was a while ago.

The root of the problem is the weakness of the summoning line. Conjurers have no choice but to use flame as their secondary to ice as its just a whole lot better in most cases when you consider damage per second and it has so many more spells. Plus they have a lot more limited crowd control compared to mages, but that would be okay if they had better, more varied buffs and/or more damage to compensate.

I'd really like conjurer to me quite versatile, with lots of options to spend their buff charge things on, to better suit their surroundings, and/or group.

Conjurer's also get very little to actually make summoning attactive even if there were more spells in it. Conjurer's are Ice-masters, and all they got before was just some +40 to current summoning skill passive, which only just off-sets the amount they are behind from mage which makes them start with 160 skill at 20. Really that bonus should be passive if it isn't already, so it can help with scribing spells.

Thread Information