Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: For the DEV...So I restart my account....

Default Re: For the DEV...So I restart my account....

This has become a fun project for me. I have tried champions online and Star Trek, also played DDO for a little while. Amazing when ATARI’s name is attached to it, it seems to turn to crap. I really loved playing Horizons let me tell you that from the start and I sorely miss playing it. I am currently playing AION I love it but alas in a nutshell the game has bottle necks where you can not move on unless you have a party. The game is broken up into Quests and Campaigns. Quests get a bit hard to find and the campaign is where the bottlenecks happen. You start the campaign and it is easy and gets challenging as you progress but at a point you “HAVE� to join a group. I have a level 15 campaign and I am almost 20 but I have to kill 20 elites and I have tried to solo them and I have died 5 times. I can get the elite down to about 1/3 life and I die. Other than that I find the quests extremely interesting
    I will start up Hoizons and let you know what I think? J If I can find my software J

Quote Originally Posted by barmace View Post
    I will start up Hoizons and let you know what I think? J If I can find my software J
    Great to hear! Remember you can download the client now... you don't need your original disks. Here is the link.

It'll still take ages to patch mind... :|

Rakku

I am in!!!! I am using a free account to try to figure it out before I pull in my main account. I am COMPLETELY LOST but I am going to spend some time tonight trying to figure it out

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

most welcome home, bar, and feel free to ask for any assistance you need! chances are, someone can give you a hand!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

ok here goes. First off BIG THANKS goes out to everyone that helped me get up and running yesterday. I was Howu doin? if you can't remember who I was. I am sold I will be joining next month. Being that I am always a day late and a dollar short. My AION account was charged for another month on 3/10 so I will have to wait for next month to start.

the names i remember are

Slana -elvish shaman
    Barmace- Dragon/spellcrafter
    Stromm -satyr forget what I made him?
    venumm - Lizard forget what I made him?

I am not sure how to see my stats but there you go. If someone posts how to do it without signing up I will do that other than that i will see you in about 2-3 weeks I will end my subscription to AION today and I will start my old account by then. I only play on MMORPG per month

I am in!!!! I am using a free account to try to figure it out before I pull in my main account. I am COMPLETELY LOST but I am going to spend some time tonight trying to figure it out
    This is the nature of Istaria The game caters to the explorer as you are often tasked with "here is a general area of what you are looking for, go find it" It's different from any other game I've played and you will spend most of your time lost, but other players will usually give you a good direction to go.

*serves barmace some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

Aye, if it weren't for the mappack and the other players I would spend all of my time lost when I try to adventure..

So be sure and ask for directions!!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Aye, if it weren't for the mappack and the other players I would spend all of my time lost when I try to adventure..

So be sure and ask for directions!!
    mappack? I got to level 3 with Howu doin so I didn't play alot but I think it will be fun to pull out my characters

what are mappacks?

mappack? I got to level 3 with Howu doin so I didn't play alot but I think it will be fun to pull out my characters

what are mappacks?
    Mappacks are an add-on you can download and install that will tell you the location of monsters, NPCs, resources, plots, lairs, ect.. all on your map in using little icons. It's a must-have!

Download it here: http://www.crimson-dawn.org/index.php?p=5
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Just realize that right now its not been updated for the new Tier II Content (they're working on it as we speak)..

So for Tier II stuff its not necessarily accurate anymore. But below and above - just handy dandy awesome!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Once I become a intermediate player I will begin my campaign to get more players. I need to really find a good source to help me learn the game. Any suggestions? I need to start from scratch like I have never played where would you send someone to learn how to play the game? That way I can test how good it is and know it will work for someone who is just starting out. I have a good memory so I do remember the schools and the level 20 rule to change schools and I remember some of the combining for schools...Of cource the one I remember the best is 20 spirit 20 druid to make a shaman

There is no "level 20" rule for changing schools. Some schools have a pre-requisite that you must meet before you can start the school. But you could join as many base schools as you'd like right from level one.

My suggestion is to run the tutorial and follow it carefully. Both the quests and the "blue boxes" are designed to help teach the basics of the game. Then as you move on to New Trismus, Lesser Aradoth, and now the Dalimond Peninsula, you being to learn more.

This is by no means "complete", and something we plan to continue to improve on. But you will learn a great deal. And there's an awesome wiki that players have been making that's just packed with information as well.

Good luck and welcome home.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    My suggestion is to run the tutorial and follow it carefully. Both the quests and the "blue boxes" are designed to help teach the basics of the game. Then as you move on to New Trismus, Lesser Aradoth, and now the Dalimond Peninsula, you being to learn more.
    Wow Dev talked to me am I blushing?

As someone who sorta knows the game I entered. It showed me how to put a sprint on my bar and how to use sprint then nothing? I went and talked to the guy and he just gave me an intro on the game. It was not until I went through the portal and found the school I wanted that I was able to really play? maybe I did something wrong? but not a lot of info for me. I had go to the help channel and ask a few question to get the basic machanics? maybe you can tell me what I did wrong?

I was looking for ok now you have learned how to sprint we can move onto...

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

hey there bar--
    just started a new alt on order for the purpose of using him in my blogs....did the first advent and craft quest available on the spirit isle, and i can assure you that there is plenty of useful info in the tutorials......

if you are interested, you can check them out - look for the posts titled 'the satyr who would be king' - they start in december of last year, so make sure you scroll down the page to find them........
    http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs.cfm/acti...ch/tag/istaria
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Hey Velveeta
    I must be dumb I entered the game there was a guy in front of me. and a blue window popped up. It showed me how to move, then I showed me how to put sprint in my bar. then nothing? I walked up to the guy and he talked about the scourge and that was it? where do you go to get the first quest? and is there a command to pull up the help again?

Hey Velveeta
    I must be dumb I entered the game there was a guy in front of me. and a blue window popped up. It showed me how to move, then I showed me how to put sprint in my bar. then nothing? I walked up to the guy and he talked about the scourge and that was it? where do you go to get the first quest? and is there a command to pull up the help again?
    ok made another character and I talked to the guy he talks about crafting trainers and adventurer trainers I ran in the spirit mine and didnt find a trainer?

still looking?

Ah ok go to the two other people and pick the school you want OK I got it I am dumb..but most new users will be that way. I think it should be clearer at the beginning...I am talking as a noobie

Hello Istaria community,
    I logged in and found I am a level 14 druid and I had a bunch of questions. I will be on at 6PM tonight EST if anyone would be willing I would like to see if I can catch up with someone to figure out how to play? I have to put points into my skill and I am not sure what to do? I played the tutorial so i have just the basics but with my characters I don't want to mess anything up. I will be on as Slana on Chaos.

I may or may not be on at that time but if I am I can help you out

Don't worry about messing up a character, pretty much the only thing you can't change in the game is your looks. There is a quest to forget "delete" an adventure school if you don't like it or you learned too many and it is hurting your rating.
    Your training points can be bought back over time and redistributed, as many times as you like. You can take as many crafts as you like nearly without penalty. The only one being something you don't have to worry about much just starting out.

My Characters on Chaos to look for for help would be Drakarr, MrTinkles, or Nerf. I have others but won't be playing them tonight.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Thread Information