Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is to be Ancient for everyone or only for "dragon only" players?

Default Re: is to be Ancient for everyone or only for "dragon only" players?

"Ancient dragons should be as rare as double 100 adventure/crafter bipeds."

wow, talk about rarity...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    "Ancient dragons should be as rare as double 100 adventure/crafter bipeds."

wow, talk about rarity...
    hehe
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

yeah, the few who wants to limit multiclassing...

hey come to think of it, those are rarities.

There is no place in the game where a biped can 'fail' to continue to advance, why should there be something like that for dragons?

i been saying that since release.

if we would have a softcap of lvl 350 there wouldn´t be any problem because of multiclassing at all

i layed down my dragon because of beeing lvl 100/100 since close to 1 year

i recovered my fun by playing a biped and hit lvl 100 and could join easy another school and do it again ^^

now i enjoy logging in again! after a very boring time

what will happen if i wake up my dragon, get him ancient? then he gains power! and?

be another year lvl 100 ancient? sitting around? killing mobs only because of their loot? not funny :(

what will happen if i wake up my dragon, get him ancient? then he gains power! and?

be another year lvl 100 ancient? sitting around? killing mobs only because of their loot? not funny
    That hit me too.

Ok, let's assume that 6 months of developers time will result in 2 weeks of contents (being optimistic here) for a maxed dragon.

And then? What to do once you became even bigger? Since I have everything I could ever need (maxed in everything when not exceeding it) including alt and 100 x 100 plot on Shepherd's mountain plus already a waiting account for a lair, what will be the game next?

And last, even if I had multiclassing as an option, why do it? Maybe I can raise 3 classes to solo everything with no sweat and?

When the game after the introduction grind begins?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

right on Vah.

the problem is the WA content have been whacked due to the problematic engine (lagfest), the refusal of players to accept damage to buildings, the lack of WA movement & intelligence, the lack of lucrative, epic, none crafting loot & quests and quest items.

basically, you get to Ancient and then go hunt for different color pouches forms hoard crap and sell that biped plot buy a lair and go scratching for resources to build it.

Realm of Order [Elsewhere: Los Angeles or Wesley Chapel]

Dragon only. Although since the elves and other races do live a long time it would be neat to see some type of age advancement system for them as well.
    j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Senkeleron Fell
    There is no place in the game where a biped can 'fail' to continue to advance, why should there be something like that for dragons?
    To make them more rare...

Would be better to set a certain time on when the quest is given and when it should be completed (without dying)...
    When you failed then not be allowed to try again for a week ingame time...
    And make most or all solo... [H]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I hear you Vah.

My dragon has top quality combat scales and spells and is maxed in pretty much everything. With the dead end in dragon advancement there is no way for me to advance. Even the loot will do nothing for me as a dragon. Sure I could hunt biped loot to sell to bipeds. But why? I already have a lot of cash saved up and nothing to spend it on.

For a couple months after hitting this cap I continued to actively play Horizons. The problem was with no way to advance and no world events to participate in, it just isn't fun.

Finally, I broke down and did what many other players did. I started a biped. In starting a biped I realized that I have no interest in crafting. I also wanted to experience lots of quests, great graphics, interesting and exciting combat and fast framerates. And I did. I am having a blast playing a biped... enjoying the feeling of fun that Horizons used to have for me when there was a way to advance. Of course, my biped is in WoW. For the adventure oriented biped player who is not interested in crafting, in my opintion WoW is simply a superior product.

I still have my Horizons account and really want to play my Horizons dragon. But without anything to work towards it just isn't fun. Of course, whenever new dragon content is added, I'll rush to experience it. But until Tulga adds something to work towards, I'll be in WoW.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I Agree on that Ancient most be rare but first off all RoP was rare to after a while players hitted lvl 100 got borred and helped hatchy's now u can get Adult in about 3 days or so. Think the Req most be much higher. So only the REAL dragon players get ancient. So u got some thing to be proud at and other to look up to.
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Senkeleron Fell wrote: There is no place in the game where a biped can 'fail' to continue to advance, why should there be something like that for dragons?

To make them more rare...

Would be better to set a certain time on when the quest is given and when it should be completed (without dying)...
    When you failed then not be allowed to try again for a week ingame time...
    And make most or all solo... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]
    I wouldn't have a problem with having to wait between tries if you 'fail' some part of of the Rite. But that still allows you to try again. I wouldn't be happy if there was some point in the quest where you fail to do something and, oh well, that's it, you have no chance to become Ancient, ever.

And yes, Iagree thatmost of the Rite should have to be done solo.

Thread Information