Thread: Helping [Horizons]/Tulga/AE

Default Helping [Horizons]/Tulga/AE

If you wish to help Horizons in anyway you can, trough providing feedback to quests/lore and content other players like you and me are making and sending to Tulga, and trough making quests/lore for Horizons, then don't just stand there and join us at mIRC where most of the devs are even some 40 % of the time ...

All you need is mIRC or another iRC software ... go to www.mirc.com and connect to this server < irc.wuffpaws.com > with the port < 6667 >

The channel where we talk, debate and discuss the quests / lore and ideas for horizons related to this things is #Quest_Discussions ; the place where the devs and most people go is the channel #Tazoon

The channel #Quest_Discussions is registered and moderated as good as we can and everything we debate there must remain withing us and musn't leave the channel , we would just spoil other people's fun.

*hint: If you don't know how to connect to that server then do the fallowing:
    *Download mIRC
    *Enter mIRC and go to mIRC options.
    *Then go to the connect part (look left) and click on <add> button at the right of the window
    *Write <Horizons> at description, <irc.wuffpaws.com> at IRC server, leave the port to 6667 as it is, write <Horizons> at group and then click ADD
    *next time you want to connect you just click on connect to server ... (If you forgot where the server is, try finding the horizons at IRC Network and then the Horizons server should appear and you just click connect)
    *One more thing you should do is: When it has connected, the channels window pops-up. You click on ADD and write <#Tazoon> at Channel, and click on the box that reads <Join channel on connect> and select Horizons at Networks to connect to. Then you click Add. Do the same thing but with <#Quest_Discussions> channel ...
    *to test if the thing worked , just close mIRC and re-enter mIRC.

Also, to register your username , just type this anywhere you want: </msg nickserv register password email> and after that, each time you login mIRC you either write </msg nickserv identify password> to identify yourself or either do the fallowing thing to make this automatic script which doesn't require you to manual write that:
    *click on mIRC options, the connect at left => Perform, and there, at the right, you write your </msg nickserv identify password> and check the <Enable the perform on connect > box ...

Good Luck
    Proud member of Angelic Protectors
    66 wizard / 36 mage / 21 healer / 20 cleric
    44 mason / 26 spellcrafter / 11 scholar

Quest Team member click here
    Horizons IRC chat

Default Re: Helping [Horizons]/Tulga/AE

Quote Originally Posted by Enoeth
    connect to this server < irc.wuffpaws.com > with the port < 6667 >

The channel where we talk, debate and discuss the quests / lore and ideas for horizons related to this things is #Quest_Discussions ; the place where the devs and most people go is the channel #Tazoon

The channel #Quest_Discussions is registered and moderated as good as we can and everything we debate there must remain withing us and musn't leave the channel , we would just spoil other people's fun.
    Good.

What is the schedule for such discussions. The problem with IRC is it is so unorganized - been there, seen lots of ramblings with some instances of good info. So a listing of dates and times (GMT) would help lots.

And what happened to #tazoon?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Made an website which load u directly to Horizons IRC:
    www.klmhaaszone.nl/irc/horirc.htm
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

:o Thanks omni, a java irc client... now everyone can use it... :P
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Np's use it well :D

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player

Wow Onnidrah. I've allways known you as one guy with limitless posibilities ... but doing such a thing in such quick notice ... didn't even think you'll read the topic ...[:P][:O]

Horizons IRC chat

And regarding when we should meet and discuss the quests WE are making , the player side, and not the devs ... that can get a little tricky since there will be european side (like me) and north american side (like most of you :P) ) ... feedback on someone's quest can only be done when that person requests feedback ...

But we could manage a time for Europeans in the afternoon and morning for NA ones , something like 18 (GTM 0/ 19 CET) - 20 (GTM 0 / 21 CET)

P.S. Today, the very own Manga (dev) gave us a visit [:D] ...

Horizons IRC chat

Quote Originally Posted by Enoeth
    Wow Onnidrah. I've allways known you as one guy with limitless posibilities ... but doing such a thing in such quick notice ... didn't even think you'll read the topic ...[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img]

Heh lol ty Enoeth,

and il be their :D

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player

Here's another thing we can do as players to help spread the word about Horizons to those who may not have heard about the game.

There is a webside www.GameFAQS.com that allows players to write their own reviews, submitt player guides, etc. On the front page, it will list the Top 10 games that have received feedback, reviews, etc. Currently there are only a couple of Horizons reviews posted there on the page for Horizons.

(http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...ta/447315.html)

If we, as players go on and write reviews, it could get Horizons listed in the top 10 on the front page = Free Advertising!! This was a suggestion from one of my guild members (Kudo's to Halacon!!).

Also, mmorpg.com has a forum and a game listing for Horizons. They recently added a section on each game listing for player made guides to be posted etc. Another good place to spread the word and draw in new players.

I noticed most gaming reviewers give Horizons good ratings, if not the BEST ratings. And like most games, Horizons does have it's drawbacks, but as a long time player of Horizons, I still think it has a lot of uniqueness that other games don't offer. So I would like to see Horizons grow and continue to offer new and unique features not found in other games. I've not written my review yet, just have to tear myself away from playing the game long enough to write one! [:P] I encourage any other players of Horizons to go there and write their own review.

Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

I readthe GameFaqs privacy policy. I quote a bit:
    " We also use technologies, including electronic images known as Web bugs?sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or beacons?that allow us to track general user-traffic patterns. We also automatically receive and record information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time of your visit to pages on our site, and information about pages you visited. Unless you have registered for one of our products or services, the information we gather through the use of tracking technologies cannot be matched with any personally identifiable information about you." (Emphasis mine.)

I tend to err on the side of caution, but the transparent gif's is a considerable step beyond cookies.

____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thats nice, At many forums u see bad posts about horizons if we just spread some good news about Horizons they maybe go check it out :D

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player

Thread Information