Thread: Helian Rite of Passage "Soloed"

Nightstar

Default Helian Rite of Passage "Soloed"

Well this is my first posting in here, i am Dayna on the Order server and i've just completed soloing the helian rite of passage..

If anyone else has manage to solo the rite, would love to know who you are..

Default Re: Helian Rite of Passage "Soloed"

Congrats.

What do you mean by the quotes in "soloed"?

I know for Kaa and Seliena the Brilliant, they can be soloed if others clear out the guards.

Shadow and I were close, our party members honored our wishes and did not touch the quest monsters (only their guards). But Seliena was . . . tough. We did not have planning nor patience to systematically kill the guards, leaving her alone for our phylacteries (so it was a mess, but a memorable time).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Aye, a significant achievement indeed. [:)]

I believe Belegurth was the first Helian to solo the RoP, at least on Dawn. Not sure about others.

The problem is that the quest has changed several times since it was released, and its difficulty (and our ability) has varied significantly in the last year.

That shouldn't minimalize your accomplishment, though, but possibly explain why there aren't a lot of people who soloed through their RoP.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

congratulations, dayna, it's about time... ;)

nice going...

Oh well, that's cheating. [:P] BOO! BOO!

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Oh well, that's cheating. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img] BOO! BOO!
    Pharc, you are right [:#]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

hmm

i had my doubts reading this. ok we dragons got more armor (and more hoard) but the ROP Mobs are though ones.

But with this lunus item ...

i wouldnt be proud of "soloing" your Helian Rop. you used an not intended item. Its not an exploit but its [:#]

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    The "Soloed" is because it was done using a lunus phylactery.
    Dragons are rich in lore, but lacking in game mechanics. Some likethe lore, some really care about it, some just rush by it. And, of course, some just care about game mechanics (yes, I rememberthose sets ofBurning Embers).

From briefly reviewing the lore behind the Lunus Phylactery - with the silver claw, the crystalline vessel, the hatchling's own blood, and other aspects that make it integral to that one hatchling that crafted his/her own phylactery -the thought of a Helian hatchling/dragon using a Lunus Phylactery is a totally foreign concept to me. Doesn't it feel strange using two different phylacteries? However, such lore roleplayingis a non-issue with some.

And also with AEon a similar topicmonths ago . . . .
    11-15-2004, 11:12 AM [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/user_IsOffline.gif[/img] Manga
    [img]/Web/Utility/1x1.gif[/img]
    [img]/Web/users/avatar.aspx?userid=26[/img]

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/rankicons/rankTop500.gif[/img]
    Joined on 10-15-2004
    Posts 41 [img]/Web/Utility/1x1.gif[/img]

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/roleicons/11.gif[/img] Re: Woooot!!!!! Pondering RoP path while Dragon Questing!
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/newpost.gif[/img] [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/quote.gif[/img] [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/spacer.gif[/img]

After reviewing the thread, there doesn?t seem to be any exploiting happening. It is intended for the phylactery to be used on the mobs for the RoP once, and then to be changed into the Phylactery of Heavens. With the amount of bugs that have occurred with the RoP, and the spirit of the use of the phylactery by the adults in assisting younger dragons through the RoP, this hard merits a right-click use restriction of Dragon Juvenile on the Phylactery at this time. However, we will be monitoring the situation for any changes.

-Manga

Manga
    Designer
    Horizons: Empire of Istaria

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=17294

. . . . perhaps even with TulgAE now.

In today's Horizons, seeminglyit just comes down to game mechanics and optimizing the intended and unintended features of them to play the game your way, ignoring any deficiencies in the game mechanics or underlying game design (lore based or not). And hoping TulgAE doesn't notice or care to address that issue.

So what matters is you had fun, your goal of "soloing" the quest to "Become a True Helian" accomplished.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

[link]http://my.execpc.com/~danperry/pics/hz/daynaa16.JPG[/url]

Thread Information