Thread: Re Server Down

Andromeda

Default Re Server Down

What do they expect from technically backward people in London to do about Servers in the Italian outback?? Beam over, or something. The same goes for the the USA who are in a different time zone on top of this.
    Nobody in Europe (except for the Germans) would be prepared to fork out sufficient funds like the Japanese, where all world main servers are integrated and situated and controlled at source, without 'cheating' the public by cutting corners like in backward Europe, and even more backward Britain.One has only to visit PC World for example, where £800 systems are sold with no more than £350 worth of components in them (including software) to know what I mean. That appears to be repeated with everything that is "split" into a 'European' version of anything (like AOL, Yahoo, Console Games ( Halo has about 1/3rd missing in the PAL version) etc). That will not change in Europe as their is always "easy" money to be made ( any European made car costs less in America, even though they are made here ).
    Besides, there is more than one game to play at any given time. Everything loses its initial glamour at some stage. People who play just one single game all the time must be very narrow minded and inept, and they must have a very limited variety in their life offline.

Lets hope that Tulsa not only 'takes over' an ailing systems, but also throws some money towards Europe for modernisation, as GN is only an agent and, since they are part of a larger conglomerate, are under instructions not to convey more than their 'subisdiary' share is worth. But no-one in their right mind would spend their "own" money and time these days and survive an ever increasing competitive market.

Hoping against the odds that things may improve before long.

Default Re: Re Server Down

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    People who play just one single game all the time must be very narrow minded and inept, and they must have a very limited variety in their life offline.
    Lol -- where did you get that idea of the limited variety in offline life? If the time and the energy I want to invest in online gaming is just enough for 1 game -- it might just be because RL holds much more interest and takes up more of my time.

As for the other points you made -- well yeah, can agree with most of them. But hey, that might be because i am 'narrow minded and inept'.... [:P]
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information