Thread: Pottery Wheel - Player Structure

Haldir

Default Pottery Wheel - Player Structure

Any word if this is still a possibility or a pipe dream?

Default Re: Pottery Wheel - Player Structure

Yeah unfortunately... They are still going to force a new structure onto Confectioners for the Kiln. But I tell you what, if they simply add a distillery to the Leatherworking shop after insisting on Confectioners building a new structure I'm am gonna pitch such a b!tch they won't know what hit them because that will be BS to the extreme.

probably not until the AROP is finished.

I can't imagine this to be a high priority item. The game would not change dramatically if all the confectioners disappeared and the class was eliminated. >_<

Haldir

"The game would not change dramatically if all the confectioners disappeared and the class was eliminated. "

Lol, just the type of comment I expect. Viva Horizons! ;)

it brings me no great joy to say it, but I still believe it to be true.

The way they are currently implemented, the primary function of the confectioner is to rid people of death points.

Well, simply waiting also rids people of death points. No other crafting class gets their work done simply by waiting for the clock to grind along. Weavers don't get their spools made for them and scholars won't find any extra spells scribed if they log in tomorrow. Confectioners, however, have a very limited window to market their skills to people. Wait a little too long and they no longer have any use for your wares.

Also, the most valuable item any confectioner can make, Ambrosia, is readily available at the shrine of just about any city 24/7. Name another crafting class that has to deal with this sort of competition.

Also, as people's knowledge of mobs and their capabilities approaches encyclopedic, people don't get DPs as often. Because of the highly limited mob AI, people are free to attack only those mobs that they can reliably overcome, so DPs really only happen when people get sloppy. (or lag gets em)

note that the highest class I have gotten so far is, actually, confectioner.

Cattoy I must step in here and offer a few words of advice. Please do not suggest the elimination of the confectioner school. There are players who enjoy the confectioner school and what it promises, whether the school is complete or not in its current form. Every time you suggest that the school be disposed of, you are in fact offending many players who enjoy what the school currently offers, and what it has the potential to offer once it receives the due attention that the developers have promised it will receive after the ARoP and lairs are complete.

We are all entitled to our opinions on certain matters, but coming into a topic and bringing up an entirely different can of worms isn't on. As Dangit used to say, "don't piss in other people's wheaties". Also bear in mind your opinion that the confectioner school wouldn't be missed is seen as an attack by those it affects.

Please be more considerate to other forum visitors' feelings when expressing your opinion, that is a general request to anyone who reads this topic btw. [;)]

Thread Information