Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowballs = EVIL

Default Snowballs = EVIL

Can these get removed from the loot table please?

I seem to get 90% snowballs of giant ice beetles...AND, I get more snowballs than I get sap, even. I'd much rather get the yew sap, as it has pawn value.

I get very few comps, very few forms, very few trophies, even very few sap drops...I easily get several hundred snowballs in a very short period of time hunting these.

These are extremely annoying.

Default Re: Snowballs = EVIL

Dunno heh I sorta like snowballs. Not for their form or function mind you.

They're low bulk which means less opening and closing my inventory to delete stacks of worthless sap/hides.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

hides are mostly worthless, sap is not, sap also is low bulk.

Moreover, if snowballs drop more than any other loot off giant ice beetles, isn't that unbalanced?

Snowballs are the "junk loot" for most of the ice-themed monsters in Istaria. Just like hides from wolves and sap from other types of beetles.

My suggestion would be to add a 1 copper pawn value to the things after the winter event is over. Right now all other junk loot has at least some sort of pawn value.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    My suggestion would be to add a 1 copper pawn value to the things after the winter event is over. Right now all other junk loot has at least some sort of pawn value.
    Should be over by summer.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

I've had great fun 'throwing' snowballs at other players. It gives them a +8 health. You do gather them rapidly tho, so I would go to a starter island and hand them out to low level players since they give the minor health boost and are kinda fun.
    Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

As it gives +8...I think this is more appropriately looted off T1/T2 mobs and NOT T5 mobs.

Let the players that actually CAN derive some benefit from them be able to get them off the mobs they are fighting. That is equivalent to a mithril golem dropping bronze ore....

And the junk loot off of Giant Ice Beetles is yew sap, which is an appropriately tiered loot.

maybe there should be tiered snowballs, then...

I just don't want any yellow snowballs...

SNOWBALLS ARE FUN!!!!! Keep them.

And a high level healer instant heals for about 100 to 120 hp per hit with a snowball. You could keep someone alive with snowballs instead of heals if you had enough.

you're kidding, right? snowballs heal? Trying to keep someone alive using this method sounds horrible, as you would have to right click on a snowball in your inventory and have the person selected....hmnn..hotkey..NOPE, my hotkey banks are full up and i'm not wasting a key on snowballs.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    Can these get removed from the loot table please?
    Snowballs are directly related to the Winter Festival, is seen in its text. Besides, why would monsters pack snowballs in their shells and other . . . cavities - they just somehow time it with the winter months of Istaria.

I'm sure then the Winter Festival ends, the loot tables will be adjusted accordingly (hopefully snowballs not removed, but drastically lowered).

Edit: Besides, dragons generally have empty Gift slots (after level 50).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Take some snowballs with you when you are going to fight (undead) mobs that stun/freeze the players a lot. If you see a groupmember that can't do anything, throw a snowball at him/her. Breaks the spell...

So snowballs are GOOD...[;)]

Edit: at least, this was the case a month or so ago... I expect it will still be the same.

Well, as I solo hunt...snowballs are worthless to me. I agree with dumping them.

Snow balls are good to randomly throw at other players in town when you visit
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Snowballs has 0 delay cast, 0 recycle.

They heal

Stop b.itch.ing about removing content that other people enjoy or can use.

on chaos we had a snow ball fight we pelted each other with snow balls and passer byyerss :) we started with 4,000 snow bals and ended with 0 :)

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=49722

Have to agree with Guaran - some people like them & use them, and that is enough reason to keep them around, as far as I'm concerned.

Making them rarer, or giving them pawn or hoard value, would be fine; I just hate to see any content removed - even trivial content.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

When snowballs are 97% of loot off giant ice beetles, then it's too much.There are PLENTY of other places one can obtain snowballs that it is very unnecessary for them to comprise quite so much of the loot off T5 ice mobs.

what would you rather have no loot 97% of the time and FYI I dont know about you but i get loot 1 out of 5 kills ever time i hunt on island of ice and the snow balls dont bother me, would you rather complain they drop sap instead or complain they drop nothing in there comman drop ratio. whether or not TUlga gets rid of the snow balls from them the drop ratio for rare loot on them will remain the same

Actually, Blue, I posted that I'd much rather get SAP even then snowballs, at least I can sell yew sap to pawn.

I'd rather get NOTHING than snowballs, then I wouldn't have to go into inventory and delete them.

Do you WANT to get snowballs off giant ice beetles in particular? As I've said, there's plenty of places to get snowballs, for them to be 97% of the loot on giant ice beetles is tiresome.

Thread Information