Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snowballs = EVIL

Istarian Princess

Default Re: Snowballs = EVIL

[:P] Yeah I must say that I am getting very sick of getting snowballs for loot, especially from the named ice bosses. When you're praying for Armor V and you get 7 snowballs off Ice Gnawr, its kind of a huge letdown [:D]

But anyway.. please remove this worthless loot. Hitting your friends with snowballs is funny.. the first few hundred time you do it.. then it just gets old. [8-)]

Obviously your opinion is the most important one in the world, BK, and so nobody else's is valid. Give the snowballs hoard or PB value akin to that of yew sap, and you would have no probelm...but a lot of people like the snowballs, and some even have uses for them...you don't like them, we understand this, you've made it quite clear, but there are other people in this world too, and they like the snowballs...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath
    Obviously your opinion is the most important one in the world, BK, and so nobody else's is valid. Give the snowballs hoard or PB value akin to that of yew sap, and you would have no probelm...but a lot of people like the snowballs, and some even have uses for them...you don't like them, we understand this, you've made it quite clear, but there are other people in this world too, and they like the snowballs...

Fine, keep your stupid snowballs already [;)]but, gather them from the snow instead of off of mobs.

Oh a use for ingenuity! Have snow mound resource nodes that you can harvest for snow balls. LOL

Snowballs are some of my favorite loot, and of the junk loot for ice creatures I think it's some of the most appropriate. I'm still working on filling a silo with them. If giving them value would help make others enjoy them more as loot I'm all for it, but I can't imagine making tons of money off of sap and I certainly know snowballs are more "valuable" than the water ice golems used to drop.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

1. Put all the cold region mobs' loot tables back to their pre-snowball values, except...
    2. ...do not put back water as loot. Leave those few as snowballs, and...
    3. ...add a few snowpiles as Deth suggested. Use Ingenuity and a bucket to harvest.

This way you still get snowball loot from a few mobs, and it only replaces totally useless water loot. Anyone who wants to start a serious snowball fight could go harvest a packfull with a bucket.

Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

imported_Eileen Mavourneen

Quote Originally Posted by Gilresk
    Snowballs are some of my favorite loot, and of the junk loot for ice creatures I think it's some of the most appropriate. I'm still working on filling a silo with them.

LOL I thought I was the only one crazy enough to fill a silo with them. I have 8572 in there at the moment and still collecting. How many do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    Oh a use for ingenuity! Have snow mound resource nodes that you can harvest for snow balls. LOL

I think this is a viable salution. I do not like finding snowballs on the mobs at all.

Ditto, especially not as T5 mob loot (that or make "expert" snowballs that heal for 500+ and add like 300 health or something).

Anyway, I very much like the suggestions made, but please do remove them as T5 loot.

Snoball value at the PB: 0
    Snoball when thrown at some unsuspecting toon: Priceless.

They are fun. Collect them throw them and have fun. Besides a full load of sap is what? 20-30s?

Thread Information