Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today's small patch.

Default Re: Today's small patch.

Could someone be so kind as to explain how to hotkey this? what command is used?

TIA!

Is it just me? Or should we not have to jump through hoops enabling setscale to loot our mobs?
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Another patch today ...lol
    It was bad enough yesterday with the bugs that came back after Tuesdays patch..
    I went out hunting with three other guild members tonight and it was pathetic. The lag killed us several times.
    If I were the devs of this game i would be ashamed to add a patch that would cause all these problems for us.
    I set all my settings back to medium and still could not play the game.
    For goodness sake do something right for a change.
    I said it before and i say it again...this game is getting impossible to have fun while playing.
    Fix it or you may see all new posts here on this forum in the goodbye section.
    I am so pissed off with this tonight :(

[:S]Last week we got the goodies this week we got the bugs?[:S]

Counting 4 so far on my end:

-The desc of Map markers are gone. That is very very annoying. Hope that fix comes invery quickly, like now. [:)]

-Loot window don't close anymore unless there is something to loot.

-Trying to loot piles of mobs that dont dissapear anymore is getting. Takes the fun out of hunting if looting becomes a tidious chore. If they want thebodies to remain then loot should be automatic.

-Death bellsand death 'cry'are gone,what happened to those sounds?

They do say trouble comes in smallpackages. We got a doozie this time.

Image, Dragoness
    (me neutered?AHAHAHAH Come and try to neuter me, I dare you!) [8o|]

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    Fixes:
    When contributing resources to a structure (constructing), others will see the proper animation and type of material being contributed above the contributer's head.
    When crafting items, others will see the proper animation as well as the item being crafted pop up above the crafter's head.
    Now that looks nice to me.

Horizons Empire

Yes the seeing the applying animation was very helpful last night. Hand over watch for the animation then I knew it was safe to pass on more.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai

uh...you mean like everyone picks a number between 1 and 100 and then whoever is closest to the /random gets it?

I always thought looting in this game pretty fair, we are a small enough community where most chars know each other, I've heard of few loot hogs or whatever.
    The method I have seen most often goes something like this:

Group Leader issuesa /random 500 1000, which returns a random number between 500 and 1000. This is often refered to as 'setting the seed'. For this example lets say the number is 738.

Next everyone who wants to roll then does a random for whatever the number was that the Group Leader rolled. So in this instance everyone who wants to roll would issue a /random 738, highest number wins.

NOTE: When the Group Leader sets the seed this is NOT his roll, it simply sets the seed. If the Group Leader wishes to roll on the item he must issue the same /random everyone else does, so in this example he would have to enter /random 738at the same time they do.

I have seen a few variations, butthis is the basic idea. You may be wondering why folks bother to set a seed at all, theoretically it should not make a difference to the randomizer, but it attempts to deal with rounding errors and other random generator wierdness. In the end it could just be Voodoo and superstition, but hey, it makes us feel good ;)

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Was it just me getting lucky, or was there a small improvement to mob spawn times? Last nite as I was circling Char and the Western Deadlands, it felt like I had to wait less at spawns before things started popping up. In some cases, it seemed almost immediate. I didn't go around a lot though, it might've been someone else having gone before me and 'warmed up' the mobs for quick pop.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

It surpsied me that people found this such an alien concept.

/random has been in EQ since within six months of release. EQ, not EQ2. It's that old.EQ may have released with /random.

It's VERY handy in some situations. The usual situation being something nice drops which many people can use but obviously only one person can have. It's a nice fair way of determining who gets it. Since everyone can see everyone else's roll, there's no chance of cheating and no hard feelings or lingering suspicions when someone looses.

It isn't just for divying up loot with strangers but even with friends. Any time when you need a fair way of deciding who gets something which all can use.

Over the years I've /random'ed a mountain of loot drops in EQ. I'm glad to see HZ added it.

Thread Information