Thread: Leveling Guide

Drax99

Default Leveling Guide

Can anyone suggest a leveling guide for Dragon soloing? I've kinda managed to find a few places to hunt, but with players to ask so hard to find, and people that actually ANSWER when you ask even rarer, I'm finding it hard to find good hunting spots.

Since nobody I know plays anymore, and I'm relearning te game after my long time away, I was hoping somone knew of a good guide on where to hunt at different levels, since I gotta solo alot.

I'm currently level 30, and while I was smacking around some slate elementals, I found them to be hard to find, either spread out, or slow to spawn. In 20 minutes I seemed to have cleared all the spawns near Slate Hills.... They also seemsed to hit a lil hard for the level, Spiders were easier to take down, but the breeders keep ganging up.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Leveling Guide

you can install pekka's map pack: http://www.f4g.net/vb/showthread.php?t=62694
    if you dont like exploring
    almost everything is marked
    also join your servers dragon channel and common talk channel (dragons, scaled, unity community on unity). You can get a lot of awnsers and tips there, at least on unity...
    doing dragon quests is also a good way to level and get stronger, check the dragons forum for the locations of the quest givers etc

I second Sibbe's comments - join the various chat channels. We don't bite (much).

That said, a few tips froma Dragonwho's been soloing for quite a while:

Dragon's Reach is your friend. It has almost double the range of our spells, and is excellent for drawing away a single enemy.

Grazing and Unrelenting Winds are area spells. Easy to forget. But using those as your first attack will also draw in anything else near your target, making things that much harder.

Everyone says that casting a breeze costs you more health than you gain. But that's mostly against mobs your level or higher. Against lower-rated targets, taking a few seconds to cast a breeze is quite beneficial.

Learn the terrain and "patrol" patterns of the mobs you are fighting. Usually, mobs will avoid certain areas. You can rest in those spots, or lead enemies back there to fight without interference. High ground is usually a good place to look for these "dead spots". A steep hill in the middle of a group of enemies will often be the one place they don't go. If you head for high ground, however, make sure you know the best places to climb the terrain. Getting caught on the one impassable side of a hill is often lethal.

Abillity quests are much easier if you wait a few levels before attempting them. Doing level 20 quests at level 26-27 will be much quicker, and result in fewer death points.

If a mob only has a few health left, use Drain Strike. It triggers almost immediately, preventing the mob from getting in one last attack before dying.

A final note - don't be afraid to unleash everything. I usually hold back on abillities like Refreshing Breeze and Spiked Scales (not to mention Gold Rage and Silver Strike). Most fights take about a minute or so for me to win. When I fight at "full power", I can kill the same enemy in seconds.

Antonath
    Antonath

As a level 30, go talk to the Trophy Hunter in Dalimond or Chiconis. They will give you a list of trophy creatures they'll give cash and xp bounties for and they'll give you a general idea where to find them. They break down their quests into ranges based on your level: 20-24,25-29, 30-34, and35-39 so you may get stuff offered a bit over your level. From level 40 you go to the trophy hunters in Mahagra or New Rachival.

LarianLeQuella

Quote Originally Posted by Sibbe
    you can install pekka's map pack: http://www.f4g.net/vb/showthread.php?t=62694
    I downloaded that and installed it, but as far as I can tell, my ingame maps are no different. Is it an ingame feature, or did I do something wrong?

you should get new world maps with lots of markers on them, the city maps stay the same but have loads of markers too
    make sure you toggle on the different marker layers (left part of the map window) to see them
    and did you install the mappack in your horizons dir?

If Tulga patched right after you installed, you lost them to the patch. You'll have to reinstall Mappak after every Tugla patch. [:S]

Once it's working you'll be able to search, say,L3 or -3and find Level 30 critters. Also, make sure you have all the filters selected on the left so that everything actually shows up. They work like layers in a CAD drawing.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Thread Information