Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: player made dye project

Default Re: player made dye project

Yep I know about that (see link in sig that says *download not working*) I am trying to get help from my hoster but there tech supports thake 48 hours to reply :/

I even upgrading my hosting plan with them and I still get the problem it seems it only alows 20 downloads a day

if any one would like to help host the file for me please send me a pm, it will be big help

Here is the jasper and obsidian mods I made after knocking over that crazy Blue and getting him to spill the beans on were to find the tints...

these are subtle...

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

I don't have Photoshop, but have Paint Shop Pro - anyone know how I can change my dye colours?

The only one I want to change really is the wishy-washy purple..
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

Actually, you can do it with PSP too.

Open the .act files as raw, select a size of 16x16 and 3 channel (RGB)

like this...

then save it as .raw, goto the tints dir and change the extension to .act... thats it.

I would study the ones that have highlighting on them like dye_obsidian.act to see how the tints are setup. Then just edit away!

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Aamer nice new color :)

and Ariadne in my dye pack I made the purple to be a Richer purple color already :)

and a third thing THanks to Klaus the dye pack now has a better place to get downloaded, use link in my sig or the link here

Custom dye pack 2.0

Thanks for the help, Aamer. I've given it a try, now got to try to make something purple..

hasn't worked though. Problem is that once PSP has opened the dang .raw file, it now associates it as a PSP file (how the HECK to I stop it doing that) and will only save it as a .psp.raw file despite me changing the extension manually to just .act

and Blue - I know you've got a nice purple in yourdye pack, but I want to combine my purple with the ORIGINAL radiant, as I think it looks nice, and I wouldn't be seen dead in purple/tiedye :P (cool dye pack though!)

found a workaround. used Blue's dye pack, and copied files to somewhere that WASN'T my install directory, just copied the ones I liked :)
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Also, if you want to apply a dye artificially to an image in Photoshop with a .act palette, just convert with Image > Mode > Index and select a "Custom" Palette, then load up the tint files right out of the game.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Hal'cyon Sskyler I think you need to do a serious check of your PC or of what's in the file you upload as when I downloaded it, I got a virus warning.

"trojan horse Downloader.Agent.12.AF"

I hope this is just a virus on your PC that got "accidently" uploaded when you made the file, would hate to think you were deliberately spreading viruses espically trojan ones around the internet.
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Cooolll...

Now, if the Resources Override folder worked, we could have some real fun with that..

I'm thinking tie dye!
    Take a look in your Resources\textures_agh\characters\characters\human _m\clothing folder

[use Fridlekh's converter here: http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=66814#66814, and DDS view, also in that thread]

There is a pair of tye dye boxers in there, along with some other cool ones, like ones with dragons on em.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

The tye-dye boxers are the pants you get with a parrot token.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

:P I've never seen anyone wear them before.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Would be cool those dye's and makes the game having more color
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

I have been Pm'ed By a dev about this. saying they were interested in my looking into my dyes further and discussing the possibility of having some in game and that I should emial them to discuus it further, I emialed them but have not gotten a reply back for some time[:(]. I am sure they are Working Very hard on the game, and with AROP going on that it got placed as a back thing to do.

But if they do put in game I would love to see as many as they could put in.

finally figured out my problem with getting PSP to save the files, and I've gota few adjusted colours too. Nothing fancy like Blue's, but makes the colours in game more in keeping with what I feel they should be (turquoise is now slightly greener, for example, and purple is a lovely royal purple).. will try and get some screenshots

GRAH. I tried to download it...but the link doesn't work...

Man, I wanted this so bad! D:

what are thes dye's like what coloers are they ??????? is windering ?????
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

I'm wondering as well seeing as I'm not seeing the colors supposedly posted in this thread.
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Exclamation Re: player made dye project

so how dose this work?
    and where do i put th file i had put it in resource override with my other mods but nothing seemed to change...

also dose this afect armor dyed befor mod is downloaded of after for making dyes?

Thread Information