Thread: Call to All Construction Workers!

Default Call to All Construction Workers!

In light of a recent "situation", I am embarking on a plan to place redundant structures near important resource fields to prevent any one person or group/guild from monopolizing access to crafting workshops or other functional structures.

If you have a plot near a resource field, are in no way affiliated with the owners of other, nearby plots with similar structures, and have or are willing to place similar structures on it, post here or send me or Tsilaros Nebkhamet a tell in-game. Tsil will do the work for free to build/finish such structures. They are an important part of the community, and, as such, need to be redundant so that situations like the one we just experienced will be very unlikely to happen again.

I also ask all other construction workers to pitch in what they can; I am not suggesting the rest of you do it for free, I am only offerring for myself, as I think it is at least as important a community project as the recent Aroah's Leap tunnel project, and deserves that level of fervor and dedication.

Thank you for your time and attention, gentle beings of Order.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Istarian Princess

Default Re: Call to All Construction Workers!

Every set of resources seem to have several shops already by them. I myself am not a crafter but I'm familiar with the areas and have seen several player built shops, etc by all the resources, especially the mithril. I am also not sure what you mean about "recent events". I guess I don't keep up with everything as well as I should but could you explain whats been going on that caused you to make this post. All the machines by the resources seem fine to me. [:)]

Places I am thinking of:

Old Oaks Silk needs a redundant clothworking (for silk/ironsilk) and spellcraft (for shining essence) shop.
    Spire's Shadow needs a redundant jman woodworking shop (for maple).

Those are the two I ran into recently.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Kenaf Port needing a tailor hut or two.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Places I am thinking of:

Old Oaks Silk needs a redundant clothworking (for silk/ironsilk) and spellcraft (for shining essence) shop.

not sure about old oaks, but Spire's shadow has a jman wood shop.
    Living at Istaria as
    Chiptus Dalak of Order
    71/95 dragon

aka
    Chaim Dalak of Order
    lvl 100 Paladin+Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by chiptus
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Pharcellus wrote:Places I am thinking of:

not sure about old oaks, but Spire's shadow has a jman wood shop.
    The one that is there was redwalled by its owner and is still redwalled as far as I know. Even when it is restored to normal public access, I want to put another one there on someone else's plot who is not in the same guild or otherwise affiliated with them in any way so this doesn't happen again.

To add to the list: jman stoneworking, scholar, and woodworking shops near the west side of Yew circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    For those that are in the dark:

Enkmar was given a 5 day suspension for his language in the Market Channel. Chat logs show that he was asked by 3 different people to watch it. He didn't stop. So one or more of them reported him.

His guild decided to take it upon themselves to "Mourn" for their guild member's suspension. They decided to punish the server by redwalling all of their plots.

Therefore, any plot owned by that guild is under the possibility that someone will decide to "Punish" the server again. So, we need duplicate machines so that we can say "Yeah? So what?" the next time something happens (Including still while certain plots are still redwalled.)
    Actually Kumu, one of the devs was in chat at the time masquerading as a new player. Really, really bad timing for Enkmar to go off like a bottle rocket that night (I was in Market that night, too, and was one of several who asked him to tone it down). So the dev took care of him.

Count me in on construction help. Just give me a shout anytime you start to get a construction group up.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Put beginner shops up and I can knock out everything but the essence work.

*looks around for Thrag* Put that cloth shop up and I'll build it for free :-)
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Just let me know if yall need any weaving done and I can get Edinar to go out and take care of that for ya. He can hardly do silk (which I why I was a little irked at the old oaks shop being closed) but cotton and below he rocks at.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

I'll be more then happy to help with essence work. I'll check when I'm on and see where we stand with construction and where it needs to go.
    Excellent idea by the way.
    Somewhere between the Sacred Silence and Sleep there is Order -System of a Down
    Let's have a war, clean out this place - A Perfect Circle

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Definitely count me in. Tier 1 of everything. Tier 2 of everything but kenaf. Tier 3 only glowing wisps, making granite bricks (not construction units)and steel sheeting.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

The Annatar is able to help with most construction needs.
    Please contact Yuusuke in game.

(shameless plug)
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

Count Imayo in as well (or Shadowalker if you need air frieght).

T1 Fitting
    T1 Carpentry
    T1-T3 Masonry
    T1-T2 Enchanting (can actually make and place glowing spheres, just can't harvest the essence yet)

Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Thread Information