Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: frozen AROP?

Default Re: frozen AROP?

I think the best thing Tulga/AE could do is to tell us what they are working on and when they will have it done. They do know most of these things, if something comes up, tell us about it. Waiting and wondering what is going on, with no clue at all is frustrating and that is what causes a lot of people to give up. These people are probably tired, the original team, they have been working on a dying project for a few years now, it must be very exhausting. I am rooting for them to pull this through.

I understand the fact they are tired and have low man power, so its not like i expect all of the game fixed at once. I am just happy to know they are working away at it in bits and pieces.

Back on the subject of ARoP, I think it should be released all at once because if somethinng does come up it would be really really bad for the players.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Same here but I still rather have it all at once then in chunks. This way I don't need to wait for an eternity for the next section of the AROP. It'slike toture to us...heh.[|-)]

CSR Zideon Locke
    posted online message Posted- Monday, April 11, 2005 - 04:50 PM

I asked the lead designer on this. The Arop is on schedule and will be out well before June.

Zideon Locke

(World Master, Tulga Games)

Thought you guys might want to see this.
    Xerses 100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragon Crafter
    28 million hoard and counting...
    Yamir Onimar 100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 84 Druid / 37 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldWind
    CSR Zideon Locke

I asked the lead designer on this. The Arop is on schedule and will be out well before June.

Zideon Locke

"On schedule" heh. Nice of them to notify us in advance that they changed the schedule, because previously ARoP was "on Schedule" for release in January (sarcasm).

You notice that Zideon did not specify which year it will be out in. Could be on schedule for June of next year... Doesn't inspire much confidence that its taking 9+ months for the devs to create ARoP considering that supposedly during that time ARoP was their top priority. [N][N][N][N][N]

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldWind
    CSR Zideon Locke

Zideon Locke

I hope they are able to keep to this and we'll be seeing the ARoP soon. But it is odd there hasn't been anything offically said anywhere.
    Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

The last time something official was posted, TG blew the deadline and took a lot of heat from the playerbase.

Maybe TG isn't posting anything official because they don't want to catch grief from the playerbase, should they come across an issue with the quest and decide not to push a bugged ARoP to live (which would make them catch even more heat, IMO).

No matter what they do - provide a constantly updated status report on the quest, provide an "official" deadline, provide no information at all and let its release be a great surprise - TG will take some heat.

ok well "well before June" to me means at least two weeks before june..

which means it should be out within the next 30 days..since we're Mid April here..

ANd - I wonder if he means the "First part" of the AROP, or the entire thing...

Considering supposedly only the "First part" has had any testing - that either means the entire AROP will be pushed to blight and tested in the next month ( so sure to release to live ready to go.../sarcasm off), none of the rest of the AROP will be pushed to blight and just go live...or its only the first part...:)

Quote Originally Posted by Khoal
    The last time something official was posted, TG blew the deadline and took a lot of heat from the playerbase.

Maybe TG isn't posting anything official because they don't want to catch grief from the playerbase, should they come across an issue with the quest and decide not to push a bugged ARoP to live (which would make them catch even more heat, IMO).

No matter what they do - provide a constantly updated status report on the quest, provide an "official" deadline, provide no information at all and let its release be a great surprise - TG will take some heat.
    Actually if they delivered on time, and as promised they wouldn't.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

I don't care if people deliver on time or not, ultimately. However, when things run long, I would expect regular status updates about WHY it is taking longer than expected, and what they are doing to ameliorate the causes of the delays, including consulting with the playerbase for ideas to get around any huge stumbling blocks they are obviously encountering.

So, yes, blowing deadlines and keeping mum about it, they deserve all the heat they get.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

So many problems TulgaAE has would be solved if they just told us what the hell was going on.

Keeping people in the dark is the worst possible thing.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

If you talk to them on blight maybe you can get some answers then and let them do their thing [:P]
    Xerses 100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragon Crafter
    28 million hoard and counting...
    Yamir Onimar 100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 84 Druid / 37 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Mordoth
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Fireclaw wrote:the end result is the same: no ancient player dragons till the end of the year at the earliest (possibly end of next year).

Is this official word? I'd certainly hope it's not. If this is what happens, I'd think that Horizons is very likely to lose most of the current dragon player base, and their recent release of information on the Community Website is nothing more than a big tease. Regardless of how poor communication has been in the past, HZ Devs have never been THAT misleading.
    actually i believe they have been and seem to continue to strive for excellence in misinformation.

remember the whole dynamic, on-the-fly, progress the storyline as you see fit, etc. etc. they were shoving down our throats and then think about energy servers little crisis because they were finishing tunnels too soon. remember aes response and attempt to halt energys speedy progress? imo, it was pretty low.

did everyone forget energys other incident?(i believe it was energy again but i may be wrong), when they decided to progress the storyline at their own pace and choose the events they wanted to complete. again ae sank to new lows and to this day an apology has never truly been issued for either fiasco.

adult dragon is in the game it isnt "switched on yet", same for lairs, miracle patch...the list is LONG. how soon we forget.

Well according to the blight notes arop is going to live next week. Considering they didn't say the arop was finished yet i'd say they are releasing it in favor of chapters.

Manga just posted a blight patch, which says they are moving new content to blight today [april 13] and potentially to live this coming tuesday.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    I don't care if people deliver on time or not,
    +6 month of work on Lairs/ARoP = - 6 months work on other issues.

Or perceived that way.

So on time is important. Not everyone is waiting for ARoP. Ok, everyone is waiting for ARoP, not everyone is waiting to do it.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by refuse
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Pharcellus wrote:I don't care if people deliver on time or not,

Or perceived that way.

So on time is important. Not everyone is waiting for ARoP. Ok, everyone is waiting for ARoP, not everyone is waiting to do it.
    Not everyone at TulgAE is working on the ARoP, refuse. Understand that it is possible to have one employee working on one thing, and other employees working on other things, their claims of "we're waiting on the ARoP before we finish X" notwithstanding. The latest blight patch notes are more than ample proof of that.

Granted that some huge projects that need a significant portion of the team will have to wait until the requisite people are free, but no matter what large project they work on, that will be true, so I still don't care if they are late on a particular project, as long as they communicate about it on a regular basis. However, since they fail to do even that, I'm happy to throw them to the wolves. Go get 'em, boy! [:P]

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse
    Manga just posted a blight patch, which says they are moving new content to blight today [april 13] and potentially to live this coming tuesday.
    like we haven't heard that before
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Well, there is new content for ARoP on blight, I am doing it as we speak. As to the live-going-edness, I am not getting my hopes up until I am actually on the live servers, doing it. I will post further screenshots in the post that has already been started :3
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by refuse
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Pharcellus wrote: I don't care if people deliver on time or not,

Or perceived that way.

And at least 6 months of when both should have been worked on to be finished before December 2003, logically pushing back Horizons toward a May 2004 (or later) release. And you forgot about post-merge added plot functionality and otheradded new content (vice added unfinished-till-now content). It is all in priorities in allocating development resources.

We all paying price for AE's management then, and same people are in TulgAE.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Sneek peak at Items we get for completing the first 1/3 of ARoP:

There was also talk that they would possibly be headscales instead of chest scales....

Thread Information