Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: frozen AROP?

Default Re: frozen AROP?

hehe, beat me to posting the scale picture
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Err shouldn't the lunus scale reduce delay as well rather than increase it?

And wouldn't power be a better stat to increase for primal rage rather than dex?

Seems a tad odd to me
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

There are bugs with the scales. The Lunus scale WILL be changed to decrease instead of increase. The Helian scale WILL have its dex stat changed most likely. And both scales WILL be changed to head scales according to what Illyist and Manga were saying. In fact they were both taking notes from the testers as we were reporting our feedback to them in the chat channel.

I really hope these will be head scales, because the few epic techs we have require the chest slot already.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

place my vote for headscales also hehe. It's a great scale but i won't give up my primal vengeance for it. The +133% can be somewhat deceptive also considering fortify 5 that adds 110% actually only adds about 50ac even when i have 2100.

Still a lot more than a normal scale though.

Yeah I said as much in the chat channel. I will not give up vegeance for these scales, even tho they are nice.

My armor with my normal armor set, max hoard, 2 +20 armor crystals (1 in each foreleg): 2125, armor when switching to the scale of the ancients: 2338

so the 33% base adds 213 armor. 640 is a maxed out dragons base armor apparently. Some things like hardened scales might not count towards base.

I really do hope they make them head scales.

Anyone know if the full ARoP is on Blight and if the full thing is planned to go live next week?
    Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

Sweet mother of mercy!

Those are nice.

See if you can get a word into them to continue the hatchling scale quests for the chest scales (I love those) and not everyone has vengence scales.

But anyways, see if they can do the 75/100 imatation scale quests for Ancient. I enjoyed that quest/idea.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Only the first trial is on blight.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Those are very nice scales. Did you have to make that yourself or did you just collect the parts for Vladtmordt to make? I think it would be pretty cool if equiping it changed the name. Something like Lycaunoss's Scale of the Ancients would be way cool even if there are too many S's in my name. [:D]

No crafting was involved in the first trial. Vladtmordt did all the crafting.

*head scales vote!!*

Please make those head scales!! PLEASSEEEEE!!!

Cuz yeaq..we'd have to give up several techs that are chest scale only, as well as the B.Embers Crystal? Our Breath Crystal is chest scale only isn't it? (that maybe just where I keep sticking it...heh....)

but PLEASE Change that to head scale...or..hindleg scale..or tail (tail would actually make more sense given the level requirements...). Or some other scale that certain tech's aren't dependent on (in other words, not a wing scale...)

Just..almost any scale but chest!! COME ON!!

DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS.....

In response to Mordoth, the first part of the AROP which is on Blight, is the construction of the scale of the Ancients. According to the lore givenin order to do the AROP a dragon must FIRST acquire one of these. The actual quest involoving the creation of this scale has you sent to find THE ELEMENTS OF THE ANCIENTS. The elements differ according to what faction you are. If you are Lunus then you have to fight the following monsters in order (WARNING SPOILER COMING SO DONT READ IF YA DONT WANT TO KNOW):

Thistleface (to make the cask to hold the elements), Ravager, Galestorm, Mhedon, Granduus, Named Naghunk ogre(dont remember name), and finally Umyair the Golem King. The golem King is the final target for both factions and you WILL need help. Kumu didnt even get him down to 8-9k hps from his total of 15k before he get popped.That is what is on blight so far, and is most likely what is getting released to the live servers next week.

Thanks Ebon, that sounds pretty cool.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

JorgyNep

Ebonfyre - thanks for the warning of spoilers! Being able to skip info like yours (I have to assume it was good since I skipped it!) make those of us that want to be surprised VERY happy.

Thanks again,
    Jorg

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    It's not really deceptive.

+133% base armor.

Same with Fortify.
    Considering 33% of our base armor is roughly 200 i'm more than happy.(probably their reason for nerfing the8ac per lvl to 6)I just don't understand why our base armor is not what we log in with unbuffed.

With the sameidea bipeds should have 0 base armor and not be impacted at allby a spell tech like fortify.

hmmm uselesss tech =p maybe it should be brought up to make it impact current armor and just reduce the 133% on this scale to 113ish

Unless it is a display bug no one has base armor, it is ALL Current. There is only one numerical listing under armor and it is under Current. it's not green like the other stats but white. So TMK, again unless it is a display bug, we only have one armor rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Unless it is a display bug no one has base armor, it is ALL Current. There is only one numerical listing under armor and it is under Current. it's not green like the other stats but white. So TMK, again unless it is a display bug, we only have one armor rating.
    That's the way it might display, but its certain that not all of our total armor rating is considered base armor. In my armor scales, my armor rating is 1995 unbuffed. When I switched out my old armor chest scale (which gave +75 armor) for the new ancient chest scale (which gives +75 armor and 133% base armor), my armor went up to 2208 unbuffed: a total gain of 213 points.

The increase in armor with the new scale is quite nice. It might even be worth using if it gets turned into a head scale. However, if it remains a chest scale I can't imagine ever using it. There are many mobs in Istaria that it is quite impossible for a dragon to beat solo without using primal vengeance. Gaining 213 armor would in no way compensate for the loss of primal vengeance.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

It might even be worth using if it gets turned into a head scale. However, if it remains a chest scale I can't imagine ever using it
    i second that

Thread Information