Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TG sponsored theft. details inside.

Default TG sponsored theft. details inside.

I'm starting to get really burnt by the number of things that are stolen from structures on my and my guildmates plots because of TG sponsored theft (read structure permissions bug). I'm quickly coming to the determination that I will be forced to move on if glaring problems can not or will not be addressed.

For those that suggest I file a ticket about this, its already been done, ticket 74439

I'd like a show of hands of how many of you have had things stolen from your buildings because of TG's failure or unwillingness to act properly.

10 days until my account may or may not be renewed.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Default Re: TG sponsored theft. details inside.

Whilst I agree, the bug is TG's fault for not fixing it, I more concerned about the type of players on your server. Anybody that goes round deliberately stealing from other players should be banned from the game for life. Better yet how about we make a server event, we can burn their characters at the stake. The best bit is if we have a few cleric's/healers around at the time, once they die the first time we can rez then and do it all over again[:D]
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

my dwarven large house was supposed to be set to deny all... but with this issue it periodically gets reset to 'allow all' so its open season on the contents. Rather than punish those that may not have known that the permission was supposed to be set to 'deny all' TG should immediately reimburse everything lost AND clear this very glaring issue up.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze
    Anybody that goes round deliberately stealing from other players should be banned from the game for life.
    Even those who act all nice and chummy and do things like host Quest Discussion forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Rather than punish those that may not have known that the permission was supposed to be set to 'deny all'
    Sorry but this doesn't wash with me, nobody should be going round looking to see if people's properities are set to open or not. To make a real life example, if you left your door open (was hot so wanted a breeze into the house) and someone just walked in and stole your TV, thats stealing, there is no right or wrong about it.
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Kaze I tend to try very hard to give folks the benefit of the doubt the first time... :) the 2nd time is when I unload the big guns.

We're not there yet, but I figure now is a good time to step in to remind folks to keep things civil. Don't name names, don't even imply certain individuals are guilty of such activities, whether you can prove it or not.

I am curious about one thing, a while back the default permissions for structures were set to "Deny All" so that if a building's permissions were reset due to the bug, people wouldn't be able to access them. With structures resetting to "Allow All" it sounds like someone's actually figured out a way of changing permissions without being the owner. That's entirely speculative, so don't quote me on that. This whole matter does raise the question of why structures aren't resetting to "Deny All".

wow

construction is a grind in this game a serious grind. To do ALL that work for the extra storage space of a house only to have a bug render your stuff open to the unscrupolous would really piss me off.

I will be blunt I read about this bug MONTHS ago.... it should have been addressed by Tulga by now. Have they even acknowledged it or are they doing their standard head on the sand routine ?

Comeon how hard can it be to fix a simple permissions bug...

Tryagain I dont know, but my neversaynever patience is quickly waning.

yes ... I know. I see it in guild chat every day and noticing how some of our members are simply logging in less now.

Of course this makes me a whiner and a doom sayer. Instead I say this makes me a realist since some people around here do not seem to want to deal with reality of the situation.

Its about the multitude of straws that horizons has that are piling themselves on the player camels back. How long before that one straw no matter what it is breaks that back and the person cancels their account ? Recent visible numbers tell me Tulga needs every single paying account. Therefore an issue like this for me is paramount since it is an easy fix... or at the very least a fix that shouldn't take that many resources away from other projects.

So how do you get Tulga to address a situation ? You make their official boards a very uncomfortable place till they get the clue. Of course then they hide in IRC which is restricted to people who do not take them to task.

In the end prove people like me wrong. Cause I can tell you this my motives are simply that my friends in game are getting fed up and their patience is waning. It was an issue with me last time around and it still is now. I take great exception to a friends list that isn't lit up with green dots ... how about you ?

So Tulga please add this situation to your list of fixes.

i agree.. tulga should have, like everything else, should have fixed something this high in anyones list first off. Second if it is found to be a player(s) should at least get the name before they ban them, or suspend their account for a couple days-weeks. (ONLY if thats the case)

Well, techinically the player who took the stuff isn't at fault. It's set to Allow All. Now any right thinking person would realize that 50 different tech comps weren't meant to be given away......Now if it isan exploit, ban their booty!

Now that being said any updates on your ticket? Do we know if it's a server reset or an exploit that allows people to change structure permissions? In the past, the structure persmissions ended up being reset after a mainentance period. It affected me once pre-merge when my guild connie was sent to all and I lost lots of items. I was pissed, but I thought it was fixed. One poster mentioned that if permissions were reset, they would reset to Deny All. I think Smeglor did that change.

I'd keep bugging them about the ticket.

What shard are you on? If you are on Order send me a tell in game and I'll see if there's anything I can help you replace.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Anyone removing something from a player plot without permission is stealing and should be banned. There is no justification for that kind of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order
    Well, techinically the player who took the stuff isn't at fault. It's set to Allow All.
    Guess its also perfectly allright to steal cars that are unlocked with the keys in them. And to go around at night testing peoples to see if they locked them or not. If they didnt lock the door, its ok for me to take everything they have. Both legally and morally. Weeee its anarchy baby!
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

What was taken?

Someone being able to change permissions on anothers plot is very disturbing.

Everything is logged on the server side. Tulga should be able to find who got in the plot, or who changed the permissions. Banning them is only solution, as well as returning what was removed.

Cauri I'm on Chaos, but thank you for the thoughtfulness, the permissions should have been 'deny all', I found them set to 'allow all' I suspect it happened with last weeks maintenance or something else, who really knows.

I remember when this was rampant with silos a while ago, where pre-merge, a friend of mine lost a lot of mithril. This was when it had to be transmuted.

Sad to see it is back. Maybe its a feature of server resets that TulgAE has to post and alert the playerbase more - or reset all structures to Deny all and lets players manually re-set them to desired.

Anyway, I detest players moving their toons about, double clicking on structures with storage, just to see if they can browse or worse. However, there is a crowd of players that rely on game mechanics, what it can allow them to do . . . . lore or not, community spirit or not, respect for game or not.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Its not a matter of what was lost Guaran... I can probably replace it all eventually, the point is TG is and continues to facilitate this kind of conduct because they cant/wont fix the structure permissions.

heheheh PJ, going by their rules :) Look at the rest of the statement in that paragraph......

Hell if I knew who took it I wouldn't do anything ot help that person ever again. I did eventually find out who took my stuff back on Dawn and they were blacklisted. *shrug* Just pointing out that by their TOS its set to allow all so its free reing :)
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

I dont understand something...

IRC is supposed to be the holy grail of effective TulgaAE communication ( sarcasm) why doesn't someone ask in IRC why this issue hasen't been resolved ? in front of everybody ask that question.

Thread Information