Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repost: Permissions broken on Buildings results in losses

Default Re: Repost: Permissions broken on Buildings results in losses

Quote Originally Posted by Divine
    Basically we need Friends only access on Structures too...
    Agreed, though it would be best if we picked which people list. Many times I've got someone on a people list that I wouldn't trust. In fact, some are there specifically because I don't trust them and want to know when they're logged in, not that the knowledge does me much good.

Some new structure permissions

Galilee: I don't think players should be forced to do anything with their plots. It is their plot afterall so if they want to deny access to it or certain structures that is their perogative. Yes, it is annoying but so is going up to a player built Consigner/Tavern you'd like to list items on and finding it closed to the public. Just concider them as catering to a specific "class", as it were, of clientele.

My personal preference, and what will be done once my own shops have been completed, is to have shops open for anyone to use but I have to respect another persons decision to do the opposite.

let it be know that my house in Saritova was cleaned out as well the other day.

To say I am disappointed that there are a few people who are walking around checking for this bug dismays me. To be informed by tech support that this is not a bug further dismays me and this is understated...

bump since support told me I was imagining it or that I set it to allow all [8-)]

Kethares

Our guild has got some of those problems to, one of our 4 vaults has changed to allow all and we lost every thing in it. Since the owner was not playing any more he went to the support and asked if they could change it but said it wasnt posible :(.

I think since redwall can be friends/guild/all why not the structures?

nice to see this moved to a forum that is never read by the devs...

Of course I am imagining this as well right ?

Actually, it has a better chance of being seen by a dev here; Amon regularly reads this forum. Read some of the other threads here.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Yes, I read every thread that is posted in practically every forum on the site, but I pay particular attention to ones such as "Game Bugs".

Smeglor has already looked at the code involving permission changes and it is fine. So we're looking at other possibilities. We both have characters with plots and structures on the live shards that we'll be looking at after this update to see if perhaps that contributes to this. At this time we have not managed to track down the cause so we'll continue searching.

Thank you for the information you've provided so far.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

But what about the stuff he lost? Sera got his items reimbursed, will Try as well?

I tried changing Ari's plot permissions and could not do so. She in turn tried to change mine with the same result.

Perhaps it has something to do with the remote setting of permissions? Perhaps they default? I do not know but we are free to help test it Amon if you have need!
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Thread Information