Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HI everyone

Teara

Default HI everyone

Hi every one im new to horizons and i just wanted to find a new mmorpg to play because runescape got dead boring [:^)][N] because of the unbalanced encomony and the badly falling commuity.

besides here i im!
    i wanted to download the horizons clients to try the game out. even doe i only have 434 MHz i hope i dont lag to hell.

wanted to download the game but i only have 460 mb!!!!! [:'(] i did have 8.00 GB of space but my dad took it away and installed another systemon it that is not compatible with this game or any onther game like this it doesnt even support G-FORCE GRAPHICS CARD!! [:@]!!

anyway back on topic.

is it possible to get more hard disk space with out re-installing windows xp

when download horizons client do you need a CD code to activate the gamelike in almost all of the other mmorpgs?

since this game has a 7 week free trial. once that trial is up MUST you buy the game(i hope not)or can you continue on a free version server?

whyjust as i find this game that *may* not forceyou to by a cd to activate it just as i found out about this my MB space has been cut drasticaly IN HALF!! [:'(]

sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Teara

Default Re: HI everyone

um bumping my thread since it is off page 1 any body there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Teara
    is it possible to get more hard disk space with out re-installing windows xp
    aye you can add an extra harddrive to your system, without having to reinstall windows

when download horizons client do you need a CD code to activate the gamelike in almost all of the other mmorpgs?

since this game has a 7 week free trial. once that trial is up MUST you buy the game(i hope not)or can you continue on a free version server?
    the game has a 7 day free trial, not 7 weeks and you use the trial key as cd code. After the trial has ended you can start to pay and play further, there is no free server.

whyjust as i find this game that *may* not forceyou to by a cd to activate it just as i found out about this my MB space has been cut drasticaly IN HALF!! [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img]

sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
    prolly the wrong forum, but the mods will move it if they think its the wrong forum :)

i hope you can get ingame soon, good luck

Oh my... where to start. [:)]

First, welcome to Horizons. I hope you enjoy your stay.

434MHz? Never heard of that speed rating before, but yeah, you will have problems playing the game, since the absolute minimum requirements are 850MHz.

460MB free disk space? Yep, you can't even download it, let alone install it. Installed it consumes over a gigabyte, and will eat up several more gigabytes as you play the game. (1 gigabyte is 1000MB, so you will probably need about 10x your current free disk space to play it).

As for getting more free space, it depends on how much space you have, and what you have installed. If you only have a 4GB hard drive, then you will probably not be able to play at all. Get another, additional hard drive, if your system will support another drive in its case. Otherwise, you would have to replace and reinstall. If you have a much bigger drive, but it is full of other software, try going into Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, and get rid of some software you are not using or never will use. Don't just remove stuff wantonly, you can make a worse mess out of your computer that way. Only remove things that you know for certain what they are and are very sure what the consequences of removing them will be; like, if you remove Unreal Tournament 2004, you will lose the ability to play that game.

When you go to the http://horizons.istaria.com site, you should click on the "7-day free trial" button on the login page. That process should generate you a cd-key for you to use when installing the game once you get it downloaded. It is a 7 DAY free trial, not a 7 WEEK one. Just to be sure. [;)] No, you don't have to buy the game once the trial is up, but you will need a credit card when you create your account, which must be a valid one, though it won't be charged for 7 days. Once your 7-days is up, and you haven't cancelled the account, your credit card will be charged the subscription fee for the period you specify, and will automatically renew at the end of that period, unless you cancel or change the billing period before then.

Anyway, sounds to me like you have some technical hurdles to overcome before you get to that stage. Resolve the speed/disk space issues if you can first, then worry about the CD-key / account setup once you can get the game installed.

Good luck!

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

You'll probably get moved to the help forum, but you'll have to find that 1/2Gb of disk space, decent memory (512Mb min, imo, 1Gb much better)and a decent graphics card to play. After the trial is over there's a monthly (or quarterly or yearly) subscription cost to play.

Horizons is fairly demanding on you PC hardware, but the resulting eye candy is not bad at all. A good ISP helps - there are always some complaints about lag, some of it server side, some client - I've never had much trouble with lag, but some (many?) do. I've been playing over a year and intend to keep playing for quite some time, so you can get engrossed in it.

And finally for now, the community is very good. No PVP, very helpful.

Good luck, hope to see you in-game sometime soon.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Teara

thanks for your help :-) and yeah i ment 7 day trial not 7 weeks sorry :-)

but once the free trial is up do you HAVE to pay to play further? cant you not play for the expence of losing out on the member stuff? [:(]

Teara

sorry but i CAN NOT get better MHz dad will simply wil not do it. (mainly because there are no memory cards that are compatable with my dam pc!)

and know is this a new but very small drive. there isnt much to remove
    and my other drive the (8.00 GB one) is occipied by a WHOLE other system i can not remove it with out causing my dads temper to explode and coming after me with a whip

Nope, it becomes a subscription service, no way around it. $13/month or so.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Aye, you won't be able to play the game on a 433MHz Pentium II, AMD K6-2, or whatever archaic processor you are running. Runescape and Horizons are two very, very different beasts. The former being more of a dead wet rat that is starting to smell. Hard disk space is not going to be a concern, you will need at least the following to even get the game to run at all:

Minimum:
    ·850 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
    ·GeForce 2
    · 256 MB RAM
    ·56.6 dial-up modem<
    ·Windows 2000/XP/98/Me
    · DirectX 8.1a

To play the game 'well,' I personally would recommend the following:

Hal's Recommendation:
    ·2 GHz or better Pentium IV or AMD Athlon processor
    ·GeForce 4 TI 4200 (NOT MX), Radeon 8500, or higher
    ·768 MB RAM
    ·Dedicated 7,200 RPM hard disk with 8MB of cache or greater
    ·DSL or Cable Modem Internet connectivity
    ·Windows 2000/XP
    ·DirectX 9.0c

If you get the trial, there is no "free" server for you to play on. There are two North American 'shards' to choose, and each contain both trial players and subscribing players.

[EDIT]

Basically, there's no way you're going to get this game to run on a 433MHz computer, ever. Throw all the memory, hard drives, and PCI Video cards you want at it, any 3d-accelerated game made in the last 2-3 years is too much for what you have now.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Teara

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire
    Nope, it becomes a subscription service, no way around it. $13/month or so.
    ow man!! :-( and how come you need a cottin pickin credit card to make an account? cant it ask for it LATER? i dont wanna be tricked into paying 12 bucks unexpectedly. i wanted to buy world of warcraft

and yeas i forgot to say i have a geforce or g-forcegrapic 3d ghrapiccard :-)

I'll note though, WoW has almost the same minimum requirements as Horizons. This is off their website (I feel dirty):

Minimum Specs for WoW
    Processor: 800MHz or higher CPU.
    RAM: 256Mb or more.
    Video: GeForce 2 or better
    Hard Drive Space: 3Gb or more available.
    DirectX 9.0 or above.

"We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Teara

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    Aye, you won't be able to play the game on a 433MHz Pentium II, AMD K6-2, or whatever archaic processor you are running. Runescape and Horizons are two very, very different beasts. The former being more of a dead wet rat that is starting to smell. Hard disk space is not going to be a concern, you will need at least the following to even get the game to run at all:

Minimum:
    ·850 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
    ·GeForce 2
    · 256 MB RAM
    ·56.6 dial-up modem<
    ·Windows 2000/XP/98/Me
    · DirectX 8.1a

To play the game 'well,' I personally would recommend the following:

Hal's Recommendation:
    ·2 GHz or better Pentium IV or AMD Athlon processor
    ·GeForce 4 TI 4200 (NOT MX), Radeon 8500, or higher
    ·768 MB RAM
    ·Dedicated 7,200 RPM hard disk with 8MB of cache or greater
    ·DSL or Cable Modem Internet connectivity
    ·Windows 2000/XP
    ·DirectX 9.0c

If you get the trial, there is no "free" server for you to play on. There are two North American 'shards' to choose, and each contain both trial players and subscribing players.

[EDIT]

Basically, there's no way you're going to get this game to run on a 433MHz computer, ever. Throw all the memory, hard drives, and PCI Video cards you want at it, any 3d-accelerated game made in the last 2-3 years is too much for what you have now.
    sorry but the highest computer here we have is a 500 MHz computer and and its space is currently 250 MB!! and doesnt have a ghrapics card.

434 MHz is the best i have dude -.- there is a 500 MHz card floating around but it cant fit into my pc [8-)]

sorry but the highest computer here we have is a 500 MHz computer and and its space is currently 250 MB!! and doesnt have a ghrapics card.

434 MHz is the best i have dude -.- there is a 500 MHz card floating around but it cant fit into my pc [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-43.gif[/img]
    500MHz isn't going to do it either, you're dealing with some very old technology here. Bottom line... if you can't meet the minimum specs there isn't anything you can do. EQ2, WoW, and anything else made within the last 2 years isn't going to run on your hardware. If it did, it'd run very poorly .

Sorry mate [:S]
    Is it today?
    "No."

Teara

i im sorry but WE CANT BY NEW TECH STUFF the $4000 we had dad threw it away buying software we wont even use now because he made a "mistake"

great now i cant play any great games because my computer is stoneage technology this is bullcrap. i cant play any amazing 3D games because of mylame computer [:^)]

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Foxfire wrote:Nope, it becomes a subscription service, no way around it. $13/month or so.

ow man!! :-( and how come you need a cottin pickin credit card to make an account? cant it ask for it LATER? i dont wanna be tricked into paying 12 bucks unexpectedly. i wanted to buy world of warcraft
    That's the way the vast majority of these games work. You have to have a credit card (or proof that you can pay at some point) to play. They are not free in the long run. You won't be tricked into paying anything, as long as you cancel before the charge is scheduled to hit.

World of Warcraft has similar requirements in both the technical and account areas. Like everyone is saying, until you get your technical issues sorted, the credit card issue is moot.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

i im sorry but WE CANT BY NEW TECH STUFF the $4000 we had dad threw it away buying software we wont even use now because he made a "mistake"
    Well, I am sorry, but you can't play the game with what you have. I would suggest that you not reveal such personal info to strangers; your dad may not like it, and no one here is likely to understand nor consider it important.

Teara

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Teara wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Foxfire wrote: Nope, it becomes a subscription service, no way around it. $13/month or so.

That's the way the vast majority of these games work. You have to have a credit card (or proof that you can pay at some point) to play. They are not free in the long run. You won't be tricked into paying anything, as long as you cancel before the charge is scheduled to hit.

World of Warcraft has similar requirements in both the technical and account areas. Like everyone is saying, until you get your technical issues sorted, the credit card issue is moot.
    your kidding me... you have to put in your credit card IN DA MIDDLE OF A FREE TRIAL as proof you can pay later on? cant the proof be you can payafter free trial is UP?

No, you have to put it in BEFORE you start the free trial as proof you can pay later on. The theory is that people who don't have a means of paying for the service shouldn't be given free rides.

Don't get mad at me, though. I'm just the messenger. [:P] There are plenty of free games out there that you can download and probably play without needing a credit card, and will run OK on your computer.

Go to http://www.google.com and type in "Free MMORPG".

That's how everyone does it. If you didn't provide some form of identification, there is no reason why you couldn't sign up for hundreds of free trials and never pay for the game at all. Tulga can't afford to allow anyone to just hop into the game and play for free without making sure there is a potential subscriber to cover the costs of developer salaries, servers, maintenance, and countless other expenitures required to operate an online game such as Horizons.
    Is it today?
    "No."

Teara

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Teara wrote: i im sorry but WE CANT BY NEW TECH STUFF the $4000 we had dad threw it away buying software we wont even use now because he made a "mistake"

Well, I am sorry, but you can't play the game with what you have. I would suggest that you not reveal such personal info to strangers; your dad may not like it, and no one here is likely to understand nor consider it important.
    yeah.. im telling you we cantupgradethe computersbecause we are low on $$ thank you

Thread Information