Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Preview 4/13/2005

Default Re: Design Preview 4/13/2005

Concerning the Quest Creation Tool, I notice that the title bar in the screenshot has an account name and email address. Is the use of the Tool tied to an active account, and if so, will only NA accounts be able to use it?

Wow Thanks Manga and Tulga for all the goodies. The new Communication channel is great, alot of players was asking for better communication channel and you listened, alot of players ask for some changes and you listened, all in all I think alot of players will come back to the game since we see real improvement in the communication channel and the nice stuff coming. Keep the good work ya all at Tulga, Im sure new players will come in also. ;)
    KalidoRs KaZaN
    Adv 100/crafter 100/Lairshaper 100 Ancient Dragon
    Chaos Shard

lots of good and nothing to say critical of what I see here.

I am very happy to see that you folks have looked at and will address some key issues that have been discussed here lately.

wow im floored...thank u very much for the preview! =0) great setup and wonderfull changes lookin to be in the works, i cant wait :)
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Thanks for the great preview!! Awesome and exactly the kind of communication we like to have! [Y]

I do have a question, if anyone knows. What's the quest editor for? Something for the player base to use to create and submitt quests? If so, that's a really neat idea.

Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor

Changes to the requirements for the materials for Journeyman and Expert Metal Bar

(More information to follow)

hmmmm... wonder what that means? thoughts?
    I wonder if that means, there will be a change in making cobalt and steel bars???? Would be nice[:P][:D]

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

Formula limit increased
    Freaking sweet. I'm taking up Armorer, Tailor, and Spellcrafter beyond beginner levels now.

Quest Editor
    I love you. Really. I do.

Global Consignment Limit
    I'm going to stock Melli until something explodes

Kwellen Hide Armor, Enriched Ore's, Pristine Gems, Journeyman and Expert Metal Bar changes
    Sounds interesting and possibly scary. Any more details on these things? "Kwellen Hide Armor ( Art and Armor Made, needing Formulas )" is somewhat confusing. This going to be a new type of hide armor or a form of dress wear? Excited to seewhat the changes are going to be made tosteel and cobalt.

Increased bulk capacity for houses
    I run out of bulk more than anythign myself, but a bulk increase is still nice without adding any extra load to the database. I guess the reason we don't have unlimited stack and only limited bulk is that the game's servers aren't impacted by "Heavy" items like a stack of 50 keystones, while 50 stacks of 1 bulk tech components require a huge amount of database storage. I'd still like to see more stack, but I don't know how well Tulga's database can handle a major increase to every player out there.

I give this update 6/5 ales [B][B][B][B][B][B]
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Confectioner Recipes
    ;)

Crystals
    tied to

New Raw Resources

(Enriched Ore's and Pristine Gems and other Exotic Resource Types)
    ?
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor

Changes to the requirements for the materials for Journeyman and Expert Metal Bar

(More information to follow)

hmmmm... wonder what that means? thoughts?
    I can think of three ways they might do this:

Thought 1: 1 x Iron Bar + 1 x Nickel Ore = 2 x Steel Bars

Doubles production. Would be real cool if XP per steel bar stayed the same.

Thought 2: 1 x Iron Ore + 1 x Nickel Ore = 1 x Steel Bars

Would be less XP due to loss of smelting XP on iron, but would speed up process a bit. Implies that cobalt bars would be made from nickel and cobalt ores.

Thought 3: 2 x Nickel Ore = 1 Steel Bar

Ooooh baby. We can only wish.

But since the note says Journeyman and Expert, that sounds like they're gonna change Mithril for the worse. Makes me think #2 above is the most likely, and we'll need cobalt ore to make mithril.
    Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

If you work to the principle of a bar needing 2 ore at optimal skill:

1 iron bar (2 iron ore) + 2 nickel ore = 2 steel bars

1 steel bar (1 iron ore + 1 nickel ore) + 2 cobalt ore = 2 cobalt bars

However, that implies:

1 cobalt bar (0.5 iron ore + 0.5 nickel ore + 1 cobalt ore) + 2 mithril ore = 2 mithril bars

which will be a royal pain in the buttocks...

kodess: pendant of Pure Energy
    -2% delay. ranged only.

Is "ranged only" not bow/xbow only? A bit usless for a spellcaster.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

The biggest "behind the scenes tech" upgrade of interest to me is the workshop with a machine "hook". If it allows us to choose what type of machine to place on that hook during construction, that opens up the possibility for generic shops/houses with whatever machines we wish to place in them. This possibly goes hand in hand with furniture, etc., though I would rather see a more free form design (UO style)with furniture rather than having specific static hooks to place stuff on (AC style).

Drev

I think it may more likely be changed to:

Ironore + nickel ore=steel

Nickel ore + Cobalt ore= Cobalt bar

and maybe
    Cobalt ore + mithril ore = Mithril bar.

At the worse I could see:

Iron ore + Nickel ore + Cobalt = Cobalt ore

Iron ore + Nickel ore + Cobalt + Mithril = Mithril bar.

But that is still too many diffrent ores if you ask me.

Or maybe there will be one base metal you mix with each ore to get the bar. I.E.

Iron ore + Nickel ore = Steel

Iron ore + Cobalt = Cobalt Bar

Iron ore + Mithril = mithril bar.

There are some many diffrent combos who knows which they will choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eni
    kodess: pendant of Pure Energy
    -2% delay. ranged only.

Is "ranged only" not bow/xbow only? A bit usless for a spellcaster.
    I assume it is ranged means spells as other wise there will be a lot of mad Helians as the new AROP reward scale is ranged only -3% delay and -3% delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar
    The biggest "behind the scenes tech" upgrade of interest to me is the workshop with a machine "hook". If it allows us to choose what type of machine to place on that hook during construction, that opens up the possibility for generic shops/houses with whatever machines we wish to place in them. This possibly goes hand in hand with furniture, etc., though I would rather see a more free form design (UO style)with furniture rather than having specific static hooks to place stuff on (AC style).

Drev
    *nods*
    Still an advantage over the situation with machine selection done by building.

Horizons Empire

The hook points sounds kind of like a Lairs idea. At least I hope so. Instead of having a cave with a scaleforge and another cave with a stoneworking table or a scaleworking cave with smelter/scale forge or a spell cave with stoneworking table and such. They went with the lets have 5 cave shapes each with 5 sizes. Then each cave shape/size has x hooks so that you could hang multiple items.

But due to the fact Lairs will take so long to get out the decided to implement the idea with biped buildings to get it working so they could use it with lairs.

I read somewhere that mithril was going to be iron/nickel/cobalt/mithril, but that this was considered too onerous and was instead made an unalloyed metal. It would have been incredibly demoralizing.

For a year, the emphasis seemed to be on slowing the game down on the part of AE, and leaving on the part of the players. Now that we are seeing a renaissance, I hope that it has become policy that the game is to be improved by expanding it. The Design Preview certainly indicates that it has, and that is very encouraging.

I wanted to see crystals renovated and returned to the game, but really that was becauseI think that (rarely) loot must provide a "thrill factor" by really having some power. The new items being introduced fulfill that function, so a reduced priority for crystals is fine with me.

The various capacity changes are certainly most welcome. As mentioned elsewhere though, a corresponding increase in stack capacity would be very helpful as well. As an armorer, I tend to try to stock a lot of components for guild use, and with the excellent component variety we now have, stack capacity is a continuing problem. Also, I like to keep a souvenir, if possible, of each event. Silver whistle, stuff like that. So a greater stack capacity would be very nice.

Edit: Forgot the most important part! Thank you for the new preview system,it is very heartening to see. I hope it serves as a stimulant for constructive feedback about features and priorities, and offers a reason to subscribe or return for many.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

<Sees Rare Armor, Weapons and Formulas>

Awesome! Especially the rare formula part!
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    I am looking forward to the new heal range and crit heal techs. I really hope they work for the breezes. That and Claw techs. But I kind of wonder if they will be allowed on the monk wraps or come up for ones for the monk wraps. But they may just do them for claws because monks still can take the prestige schools to enhance their attacks. I.E. Because dragons can not do flame, ice and electric attack instead add a tech that dragons could put on their claws to give it a fire effect.

I suppose they will. However, they will know it's incompatible with HoT spells, but push it anyway. Just like Heal Increase was pushed live and isn't working, with no plan to make it work, when they knew it wouldn't work at all. Especially after telling us it would work on the first tic, which is false.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I would love to be able to place a building that looks like the Jewelers Shop on my wifes plot, but put a different machine in it. That way I could have what looks nice combined with what is useful for us :)

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information