Thread: I want to see this guy on the Tulga payroll!!!

Default I want to see this guy on the Tulga payroll!!!

Eye Candy by B.E. Griffith

Have a look through this guys site, specifically his Morrowind models, and you'll see what I mean. I would LOVE for this guy to get hired by Tulga for new or redone character developments, even world modelling and monster creation. Not that our own dev guys are good but you have to admit, our player character models (sans Dragon and Dryad) could use some touching up.

WARNING: If you decide to have a thorough look through his stuff some of it is a touch adult (slight nudity in one pic I saw) so be warned.

Here are some specific races (I put the races I think these would be good representatives of in game in parenthesese next to they're Morrowind name):

Wood Elf(Elf) females
    Breton(Human) females
    Nord(Half-Giant) females
    Wood Elf(Elf) males
    Nord(Half Giant) males
    Dark Elf(Elf) females

There are others, just have a look around in the Morrowind models.

Bonus!
    Vampire!

Default Re: I want to see this guy on the Tugla payroll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    I see no slight nudity? Where is this slight nudity you mentioned? You can't just dangle something like that out their and not give us a link.

Great stuff there though.
    Tantalising isn't it ? [:P]

On a serious note, Snowdonia did the right thing by not providing a direct link. Forum rules don't tolerate that sort of thing [;)]

They still have that odd 'Morrowindishness' which is the one thing I have always disliked about Morrowind. Something just a little too angular and carved about them.

I like the elven ears and the different hairstyles as well as the different face looks. Thanks.

I personally like the way Horizons has the Elvish and Dryad ears. Never could stand over exagerated ears, it is one of the reasons I didn't head to WoW when I took a break from Horizons a while back.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Krald

I find some of those wood elf female heads kinda gruesome. Some are okay though, leaning on nice. In general I do like the persons work, I used a breton male's head of his on my main morrowind character for a long time.

The texturing his wife does according to him is just awesome I think.
    But his improved heads are very nice too.

Horizons Empire

Well I believe for the most part all he does is the skins. I don't think he actually reforms the geometry of the model. The only model I saw a reform on was the special char he made for his wife.

It's the skins and hair I want to see improved in HZ which is what this guy does. I'd LOVE to play around with a Fiend, Gnome, Half Giant, or even Human but with the faces available, no thanks. There are only a few select faces that look nice and everyone and their dog who plays the race use them. lol Most of the smiling faces in particular are doofy and ugly. BIG mistake we made in beta when it was suggested that we wanted to be able to smile or have less blank looking faces. And no one can deny we need new hair. Even the Dryad hair is better than the hair the other races have.

If they ever do do some player character reworking and add addition faces and hairstyles I hope those of us with pre-existing chars get the chance to take advantage of them as well.

Brian Griffith has indicated that he is interested in some contract work, we'll see how that goes.

David Bowman
    David Bowman

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Well I believe for the most part all he does is the skins. I don't think he actually reforms the geometry of the model. The only model I saw a reform on was the special char he made for his wife.
    Hm, according to the polycounts he posted he has mostly brought them down to lower numbers so he must either re-do them from scratch or change the existing ones, don't you think? And as he uses 3d max anyway, I doubt he would just re-skin them, you can do that with much more simpler tools. :)

Horizons Empire

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    Brian Griffith has indicated that he is interested in some contract work, we'll see how that goes.

David Bowman
    OMGOMGOMG! That rocks! I soooo hope it works out! Oh wow.. That's just blown my mind!

Default Re: I want to see this guy on the Tulga payroll!!!

Bumping cuz editting the subject sent it too far down the post list.

David Bowman
    Ok, you have to admit, that is impressive. Even if it doesn't pan out or go any where, just the fact that they are willing to consider a suggestion like this rates fairly high in my book.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

David Bowman
    Now this is doing something at least :) Thanks How about some furnitings while your at it?

Thread Information