Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: regal weapons and dragon event techs gone forever?

Default regal weapons and dragon event techs gone forever?

greetings

will there be revised regal weapons? or the dralk dragon event where you could gain some special dragon spell/scale techs

will they come back ingame? or will they be lost for every new player (or old ones who dont got them at this time)?

i would like to see them back, attainable by quests or loot!

any infos about this?

Default Re: regal weapons and dragon event techs gone forever?

I have no idea if they will return, but I would like to see them back... [:)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I hoppe they do come back...But theyneed tomake new regal items....I would be very sad if they just bring back the old then the value of my Huge stash of regal weapons would Drop faster than lead in air. How i would invsion the return of new regal weapons is we must loot the broken bits and peaces from mobs...and these drops are SO SOOO rare that onlytwoare alowed to drop in a 24 hour peroid and thats if it will drop

I wish some type would be brought back - when these were first released I was spending too much time crafting rather than adv so I missed out.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

I have over 40 parts, either bits orpieces on Bori and he would dearly love for them to come back long enough for him to get rid of them! [:D]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Dunno personally the best part of the event associated items, is that they were associated with the event and not general purpose lootables. My vault is like a time capsle, it tells a story of my characters life.

Personally I'd rather see new events and new associated items, than just old ones rehashed.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Agreed. New events, quests, items, formulas, techs, etc.

The old are the treasures of the past. Let's keep them as heirlooms, making them special.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

They are working on nice new loot already. Those set items looks promising.

Any dragon on chaos who needs the dragon chest techs I can craft the scale for you. They work on any tier Chest even. I recommend them on tier 3 and up.

=)

ok its nice to have this old rare dragon techs

but the dragons who dont possess this techs are penalised

and i dont understand why!

ok new techs would be nice too, but i want the old ones too

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus

The old are the treasures of the past. Let's keep them as heirlooms, making them special.
    Special is one thing. Penalty is something else.

So sure, don't have them drop again. But have new events with new drops which are every bit as good as the old ones, so that no one misses the old ones.

Exactly. That's what I said.

..and no one is penalized for not having those techs because there are still plenty of people with them that will make you items using them if you want.

The only real penalty is a feeling of "missing out", but that is only natural. Should we re-enslave the Satyrs or send the Dryads packing so we can free/summon them all over again because some people weren't around to help free them the first time around? That's about the only way it would make sense.

New "neat and nifty" techs/items/forms/etc need to come out with new events. The old stuff doesn't need a comeback; it's in the past.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I'd rather see occasional windows of oppertunity for the 'heirloom' items to be available again. The Festival fireworks & confectioner forms and the harvest festival forms, for example, are only available once a year (no comment on the duration of the winter festival...).I strongly agree that new itemsshould continue tobe introduced;but if the heirloom items and forms are forever unavailable, entropy will eventually claim victory. I'd rather not see that if at all possible.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I'd rather not, personally.

There's something cool to me about "lost knowledge". Makes it all the more special when / if it ever resurfaces, maybe not even in the same form, again.

When the knowledge truly becomes "lost" (ie, no active players with the knowledge), then MAYBE wait a bit longer then introduce it in another event. Still, it could come back in a different form.

Having "occasional" refreshes of special/unique (aka, "event-based") knowledge just cheapens it. If it was meant to be special one-time knowledge, then it should stay that way, no army of "came after the fact" complainers withstanding. Take advantage of the cool unique stuff when it comes out, and don't worry about what you missed in the past.

First new items have to be a reality. Dragons to my knowledge have had one event with really unique items ever and that was the techs.

If many new and qaulity rarities were coming randomly for a week or two i doubt this discussion would be here.

the fact blighted equip still isnt where it needs to be imo and lack of unique dragon items keeps this issue alive in itself.

as far as teched chest scales i will have a supply soon for any on chaos interested in them so at this time they are still not by any means gone.

other thing i will say that imo is a bit frustrating with blighted loot for me is slots are very critical for a dragon. wings,chest and now head slot are pretty much sealed from them and forelegs are often too with sockets so maybe theres another thing for Tulga to look at when creating new items for dragons. Claw slots also would be hard to replace because sockets add so much value. Hence hindlegs,tail,back are about all thats open unless scales extremly knockout which ive not seen such an iyem yet

hmm i forgot to mention the boons/blessings

a very interesting tech

lost too

ok if i would have this tech i wouldnt demand it to be released again too

but is it ok that you a minority can feel good only because they have it?

like mentioned in another thread there is no uniqueness in HZ. T5 Forms/Techs have been real rare. Not every crafter could craft the armor you want to have.

but now its common

so i think it should be released again so i can self have this dragon techs or blessings

Blessings are no means lost..i looted one the other day u just gotta find the right mobs to hunt for these nice techs..myself im still missing some bounties but i can live with it..i went looking for blightbite and spinebleed the 2 mobs i knew who used to drop crystals and bounties/boons very often but to no avail.

hmm is this tech still lootable? nice to know, maybe some time i will find the mob who will dropp this stuff ^^

Well ill tell u where i found it altho im sure with a lot of effort othe r'old' mob will drop too but on a very rare scale...i looted this weaver blessing form the stroms shadow that patrols near the oak at heather also boons have been known to drop in the ruined observatory SW of bristugo..its always good to hunt mobs of the old days no matta how weak they are

Exactly. That's what I said.

..and no one is penalized for not having those techs because there are still plenty of people with them that will make you items using them if you want.
    If you can persuade one of the FEW people with that tech to make it for you.

Let me take primal vengeance as an example. This was an event tech and no longer drops. A scale triple teched with this (this is one of the few things you can still triple tech) makes a BIG difference in the power of a dragon. When I asked around, it appeared that only a few dragons on my server who were still active had it. It's always the same FEW names (easily countable on the fingers of one hand with fingers left over) which keep coming up when you ask for someone who can make that scale. If you want that scale you have to go to them. While they seem to be happy to make it for you if it doesn't inconvenience them, it's still a pain to get it made despite the fact that the components are easily obtainable (perhaps too easy considering how powerful it is).

Such a scale is by far the most important scale a high level dragon can have. It does far more to improve combat capability then even the scales made available last week as a result of the first part of the AROP.

Because primal vengeance makes a HUGE difference in the power of a dragon, TG has to decide if it's unbalancing. If it is they should nerf it. If it isn't they should make a tech like it available again, perhaps on a permanent basis. If not on a permanent basis, then at LEAST on a recurring basis. Alternatively, they could introduce another tech which increases a dragon's power comparably and also only allow it to be scribed on a chest scale so that nobody can have both simultaneously (primal vengeance can only be scribed on a chest scale).

For event techs which didn't make such a huge difference it's probably less important that they be made available again. However, for some key event techs such as primal vengeance they MUST be made available (if TG decides they don't upset balance) or nerfed (if TG decides they do).

Same[:$] Besides I already have the 4 dragon techs that came out and I want more rare ones.

Thread Information