Thread: SWIMMING!!!!!!!!!!

Default SWIMMING!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to be able to swim now thanks!!!! Dragons can fly, dryads can flutter. I wan't to be able to swim instead of Drown. you've fixed the can't buy plots on islands without built bridges problem by adding they can't be sold without the Artifact being build. So let the bipeds swim please!

Default Re: SWIMMING!!!!!!!!!!

Swimming doesn't just stop plots from being bought before their time. Water is also used as a barrier to new lands. The Satyr Islands were a prime example. Even Dragons couldn't fly there because they had red barrier walls around them.

I'm not saying I don't want swimming (cuz I do!) but it wasn't just to keep people from buying plots. Until they can find a better way to keep people out of new content I don't see swimming being a priority. :(

lol the red barrier works for swimmers too. If they can block flying dragons they can block a swimming fiend. This the only MMORPG I've ever played that doesn't have swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by [url="/Web/User/Profile.aspx?UserID=319"
    Scarn_de_Diabolic[/url]]lol the red barrier works for swimmers too. If they can block flying dragons they can block a swimming fiend. This the only MMORPG I've ever played that doesn't have swimming.
    But on the other hand, this is also the first (and possibly only) game which has playable dragons... [H]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Istarian Wizard

But on the other hand, this is also the first (and possibly only) game which has playable dragons...
    And because it has playable dragons it shouldn't have swimming? Lol, not sure but sounds like that's what you're arguing, though I don't see the logic. I agree, we NEED swimming, and red barriers can provide whatever protection from bipeds than that they do from dragons. Maybe we are not supposed toget too nearunderwaterzones reserved for some future event or place, but once again, that's what the redwalls are for. Give us the least of what every other MMOG has as a given, I say. [8-|]

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    I'm not saying I don't want swimming (cuz I do!) but it wasn't just to keep people from buying plots. Until they can find a better way to keep people out of new content I don't see swimming being a priority. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]
    Actually dragons have visited the new isle, even though the porters and content are not there.

Red Walls are the only protection!
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Istarian Wizard
    But on the other hand, this is also the first (and possibly only) game which has playable dragons...
    And because it has playable dragons it shouldn't have swimming? Lol, not sure but sounds like that's what you're arguing, though I don't see the logic.
    What I wanted to say is not that... it was more like a funny remark... First game with dragons and also first game without swimming... [:P]
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Swimming would be a nice addition, wassuggestedahwile back: http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...x?PostID=42246

I think to go swimming you have to unequip all armor, jewelry, weapons, clothing, have a swimming suit to wear and perhaps a small fanny pack with say 20 bulk capacity ( if you want it).

Limited range based on strength, dexterity, and focus.

Would really only add a bit of realism.

Maybe Tulga could put it to use somehow. Perhaps a teleporter in a cavern reached from under water. While swimming the drowning timer would last approximately double the current timer, for times when you must go underwater. This would work similiar to staimina, in that when you come up for air the bar has to recharge before going underwater again.

Not sure what could be placed thru a tunnel like that,that would be useful/interesting. Would maybe get you to a land where you can attune once there. Teleport to a cavernous region underneath the main landmass. Who knows. Use your imaginations :)

They should have swimming. Although it isn't the first game without swimming it still should have it considering how much water there is (AC didn't have it either when I was playing it soon after it released).

I think they should put a timer on swimming. It's kind of stupid to do like you can in EQ and literally swim across the ocean (until you hit the zone wall, which is equally stupid, which HZ doesn't have).

Since dragons can fly the inability to swim doesn't keep people from visiting things before they're ready. Only force fields or not putting it live before it's ready will do that.

Dragons swim rather well. Just have to watch the air meter and pop up like a Dolphin for a gulp once in a bit! [:D]

Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

During my time in World of WarcraftI tried a transcontinental swim. There is deep water marked on the map, and if you swim into the deep water you tired and eventually drown. If you stay within sight of the coast, though, you can swim everywhere is you don't mind pitchfork-wielding Nagas and sword-wielding Murlocs ruining your outing. Nice solution, I thought... swimming monsters.

They even put a super-sized crocodile in the canals in the main human city, for those who felt like jumping in for a quick dunk.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Brassandyn
    During my time in World of WarcraftI tried a transcontinental swim. There is deep water marked on the map, and if you swim into the deep water you tired and eventually drown. If you stay within sight of the coast, though, you can swim everywhere is you don't mind pitchfork-wielding Nagas and sword-wielding Murlocs ruining your outing. Nice solution, I thought... swimming monsters.

They even put a super-sized crocodile in the canals in the main human city, for those who felt like jumping in for a quick dunk.
    Dont forget about the sharks( like outside theramore) and the humaniods that swim also.

One greats thuing though is you can hhave stuff that eliminates the ability to breath (unending breathing, underwaterbreathing potion and my favorite the Hydrocane.)
    Dren Fire

Actually, I remember asking for swimming many times on the Tazoon boards. The first time was way back around the time of release. Let me see.... oh yea, that was in Feb. 04. I still want swimming, picnic stuff, dancing, furnitings and all that sort of fluff that make a game emersionable. /grin

Thanks for asking everybody :)

no swimmin does add the barrier to new lands and plots bein unavailable before their time. but lets say just for arguements sake they decide to add an underwater race like the 1 in the original design, it would also add distinction between land and water (assuming this race couldnt leave the water) as there iswith land and air tween the bipeds and dragons. imo it would be a niffty addition to the game within a game with unique trade potential
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Would be like a totally separate game. you could mine things underwater for underwater crafting races. lol Even make breathing devices to allow them to come onto land.

Landbased could even make craftable breathing devices to allow them to go under water lol. New underwater mobs even.

But would be a totally different game.

They could have done the same concept with Angels and having floating cities in the clouds (etc. the floating Islands) .

Wonderful Ideas but don't think we'll ever see any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    Dragons swim rather well. Just have to watch the air meter and pop up like a Dolphin for a gulp once in a bit! [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    It works indeed, the only problem is that once I did that trick and when reaching land I flew just about 10 meters above ground and suddenly fell out of the sky, appearently I died of drowning...

Thread Information