Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SPOILER ALERT: ARoP Walkthrough/Lore (Both Factions)

Default Re: SPOILER ALERT: Lunus ARoP Walkthrough/Lore

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    I should be doing it later today. Still got to kill the adamantium king and wait.
    Having both side by side should so how, 'again', helian get screwed.
    That scale Helians get is simply a slap in the face.
    Eh, I wouldn't call it a slap in the face. It's a scale for casters, and as long as they change that +100 dex to power it will be exactly equivilent to the Lunus scale. I guess I just don't see the problem with it.

What I am annoyed about, however, is that once again Tulga/AE has dictated that Helian = caster and Lunus = meleer. The factions are more of a political (bordering on religious) choice and should have little to do with how a dragon fights. In fact even Vlad says that "You will be given a choice between two different Scales; according to what you feel will aid you best in your battle for the living races." but then he turns right around and makes the melee scale for Lunus and caster scale for Helian. Grrr. :P
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

hmm lunus are warriors like the background of Istaria

Many years ago, the race of Dragons became split on how to further the success of their race. The Scholar Helian wanted to use their knowledge and influence to rise above all the other new races, while the military leader Malganival Lunus wanted to use direct force to rule them. These two factions, which still exist today, caused a rift now known as the Great Schism. In order to become an adult, a Dragon must choose which faction and which ideals they are to follow. Each faction has their own ritual and the steps required vary according to the different ideals that each faction shares.

why should an intelligent and diplomatic helian specialice in melee?

quote from http://www.istaria.com/page.php?pg=n...%20the%20Skies

So... to be a dragon warrior you must want to enslave and dominate bipeds? Or to be a dragon caster you must want to work with bipeds? That's just silly. A Helian warrior and a Lunus caster should be viable options too. I just fear that with the way ARoP has started and with Tulga's desire to differentiate more between the factions that that may not be the case come Ancients.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

bump! Gonna get updated tonight :)
    Akhorishaan: 100/100/100 Adult Dragon, 25 million hoard
    Mizehra Ishcoda: 100 Druid, 100 Warrior, 100 Cleric, 100 Conjurer, 100 Healer
    Antuatha: 14/30 Dragoness with 300k hoard

woo

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

not to complain at an otherwise good walkthrough, but a couple of things, need more details for on part2.
    Such as coord to where in observatory area u need to go, cause its not the observatory itself.
    And with the 4 satyr islands such say which island each one is.
    ie Palsy = Corvius
    Famine = Alged
    Discord = Enlath
    Inhibition = Dabihi
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Default Blah

I really wish we could delete posts

Default Re: Blah

Bump! And hope it stays there, buggy forum was moving it down the list because of the length of the post when I edited it. So I moved it to my web server

Is the link broken?

Link isn't working for me, either

Mirror added, sorry for the delay, was away for two weeks and just got back

Updating the file now, working on the spirits bit, so keep an eye on it

*simple bump*

imported_peladon

To those Wise that may find it of merit.

My words are the words of a Fool, and the words of a fool are but the whisper of a forgotten breeze. But these words I speak.

The Ancient wind I have followed as far as it may be taken. And in that flight, a thing was spoken, and a thing it was that gave me much to ponder.

Now it must be said, this thing may be but the maunderings of a scribe of the gods, flown too high on the wings of enthusiasm and mayhap dwarf ale. But then, it may be another thing. For once this thing was, by an error of the gods, therefore it might be that this thing be easy for the gods to make so and craft part of our ancient being with little effort.

So what was the thing?

The Ritual of Journey, that part of the Spirits in Solitude did I wing. And I did speak me with Dgaris drake. And much it spake. But this also it did speak:

'It was a glorious battle, Dragon! The undead legions were bottlenecked upon the trail ridge below us. We strafed them with our fire breath, setting their lines of troops aflame while the fiends rained down arrows and magical attacks from afar. Yet they were still too many. We could only stem the tide for so long, a living shield against that dark force. I fell, here, protecting my home, and our land.'

Now the ridge I have seen. And far, and twice and many times further thanmay be, that ridge is beyond the range of draku breath. And the words of Dgaris do speak of a fire of strafe... and strafe be an attack of the air.

Now as I have spoken, the words of a scribe may oft be set as bipeds do flowers in a pot, that their living be brightened with no true life. But once it was that draku could deliver fire from the air... though it was but an error of the gods' will... and thus it might be again. Or not...

Do any, and all be Wiser than I, have aught that might be said to this?

Another thing also came to me when on this wind. For I did speak with Hethsia, and Hethsia bade me summon Gunnar. And Gunnar came not. And Hethsia was most forlorn, and wondered why, and wondered where that one might be that it heard not her call. And she spoke thus:

I think Gunnar suspected it, but he was too late. When he saw that unholy sword cut a tear in reality, I think he knew he had to intervene. I can only speculate because the others who were there tell me that he suddenly charged towards the summit and was consumed by the great vacuum that engulfed everything in the area!

Now Gunnar was lost, and the Sleeper was lost, and they were lost together. But the Council have spoken and they have spoken that the Sleeper be not lost, but waits within the Rift. And the Rift be place of hardship, and few words come from that place or reach it. So thus might not Gunnar wait there also, and might it not be that we come to it while following the Ancient wind, that we may be aided, guided mayhap, and on our return that Hethsia may be solaced?

My words are the words of a Fool. May that Wise and the wise speak words of more merit.

All right, I hate this forum, whenever I edit the first post, it kicks it back to the fifth page, so.... BUMP!

1st off great work on the walkthrough, but did you know your main site walkthrough is not the same as the alt one (ie less of the storyline done)
    Also any eta on the next stages of ARoP ie the rift parts?
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Updated, Enjoy.

EDIT: And updated for the final time. It is done.

I very much enjoyed writing this, I know I'll be reading through it from time to time. Also, in the last bit, I didn't include coods, because I'm lazy and that's a lot of work in the rift :P Anyways, if someone would go through and grab the coords that are missing from the walkthrough and post them here, I'll gladly add them.

Happy questing!!! *4am* *passes out*

Uhmmmm, any way I can get a sticky? :P

pretty please?

Akhorishaan. Very nice job. But where are these hills in the first part?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Default Re: SPOILER ALERT: ARoP Walkthrough/Lore (Both Factions)

D'oh, in my exhaustion I left out some information and some lore, I have to go out for a bit but I'll update it asap when I get back

Edit: Added missing lore and information

Thread Information