Thread: About: Brief note on the Floating Island

Default About: Brief note on the Floating Island

...well, this has always been an ATI issue, and I've always crashed (not just game, but entire system) on any driver newer than 4.5...

- But I just installed Catalyst 5.3, and it's working fine.

So if more people that normally crash can verify this, we can get the stargate activated again (unless it's some new issue with the latest patch)...

Default Re: About: Brief note on the Floating Island

Thanks for the tip will get Cat 5.3 and report back if it works or notfor me.

I'm so glad they are looking into this - hasn't worked for me since 4.1 ati drivers...I've tried most of the later ones too.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Try 5.3

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgrim StoneCleaver
    I'm so glad they are looking into this - hasn't worked for me since 4.1 ati drivers...I've tried most of the later ones too.

5.3s seem to work.. __so far__ .. however, 5.4s are already out, and they have a penchant for re-introducing this problem in later releases.

Yes, it is an ATI problem, and players who experience it should complain to ATI (I do). With enough people yelling at them, they will eventually fix it once and for all.

Still, if the devs can fix the wonky geometry that is catalyzing the problem in the Catalyst (heh) drivers, then more power to them. Fact is that this is the only game I have ever seen that has this problem with ATI. Most likely, they are doing something patently wrong, and the ATI drivers are spotty in their exception-checking for it.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

No, I had the exact problems of floating island (and even a mem leak that after some map loadings would crash the game exactly like Hz and even texture problems that after a while would make walls / cities invisible or blinking like you get Harro or SM in Hz) with KOTOR 1 and 2.

All 3 games fixed by using those latter drivers.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

After many trials and tribulations with Radeon 9800 pros we found it was not the driver portion of the Catalyst that seemed to cause the problems but the Catalyst part of it. By dropping down to the slower connection you can download just the display drivers themselves withouth the Catalyst bundle. That seemed to cure the trouble for us.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

...I've also noticed that my Radeon 9600 Pro has stopped resetting itself completely after intalling 5.3 - so it's definately better. Even if the problem should re-emerge with later drivers, at least all present games will work with 5.3, unlike 4.5 or older...

Cat 5.4 worked for me I did not crash at all.

the Problem is the main-floating-island-model itself i placed it in offline mode and crashed, so the problem is the structure.
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

:o
    You guys crash, but when I gop there (Geforce FX 5700 deluxe) I get really weird slowdown. Not lag, or choppiness, but like I press forward and half a second later they respond, or turning left or right is delayed... At least thats more blaring than the framerate drop while there.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Thread Information