Thread: European Home at GN

Default European Home at GN

Just thought I'd mention here that GN has it's Horizons forums up and working now. Looks good, works well (and workswithout having to use IE, hooray!).

Link on the login-page, but for who missed it there (as I did...):
    http://forum.gnonline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6leads you to the main-page of the Horizons-forums, from where you can register and portal on to the different forums.

X X X (Sorry GN;no beers for you right now...)

Default Re: European Home at GN

*bump*
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

why bump? there is an anouncement at the login page and a banner ^^

but i hope this page will get more life ^^

else i wont change my home

I have found it and posted there already. I hope more Unity players will join.
    Im just F.I.N.E.
    Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic, Emotional

Why? We have good boards here. People come here, Devs come here, Luca comes here... why should we have to join 2 seperate boards for a single game? I just dont get it

Plus after reading & posting, I have come to the conclusion that GN made boards, and prompty went off somewhere else. There's no moderators, and only 1 Luca. Their other games, however, have mods & GMs...charming lack of support on GN's part imho.

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Nanain
    Plus after reading & posting, I have come to the conclusion that GN made boards, and prompty went off somewhere else. There's no moderators, and only 1 Luca. Their other games, however, have mods & GMs...charming lack of support on GN's part imho.
    In a way I'm glad that this has happened. I was willing to give Game Network one final 'benefit of the doubt' with their new forums, hoping that it would signal an improvement in communications. Unfortunately for us as players, GN have demonstrated that they really do not care about their customers.

We don't get the same sort of world master interaction that the North American shards get. In the several months since Luca said we'd get random attacks, we've had two I know of. One was the first one, and the second happened roughly an hour after I wrote a forum post pointing out the lack of random attacks.

Game Network don't communicate. In general one should not come to expect information and general feedback from GN. If a situation arises where it looks like there is a risk of losing players (ie if the shard suffers problems and we're left for 12 hours without any information as has happened on a number of occasions) then Luca will eventually post something. Then after a couple more posts in the same hour, we won't see anything from Luca for another month or so, not even a 'hi' or 'how are things on Unity?' or 'what can we do to make the player experience better?'. None of that, the only time Luca posts is when he's either defending GN, or attempting damage control arising from GN's lack of skill in operating the servers.

Tickets go unanswered for months, even simple ones. I'm closing most of my own support tickets because the issues are being fixed with game patches, however all the tickets that are Unity-specific (in other words, something a patch won't fix) have not been touched at. I've even had tickets deleted from the system entirely rather than be dealt with ! It wasn't anice feeling when I realised that, got the emails for the ticket creation, just an error message about the tickets no longer beingvalid when I try to view them.

Game Network, please prove us wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eollyn
    Why? We have good boards here. People come here, Devs come here, Luca comes here... why should we have to join 2 seperate boards for a single game? I just dont get it
    My main reason for checking the European board as well (I will always keep checking this one here) was that Luca indicated several times that he had problems accessing the istaria boards. So I went to the GN boards in the hope of getting more information. Luca has been there several times, especially at the beginning, but lately he appears only sporadically. I am not satisfied. [:(]
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Must agree with your words Snickel. I still like those boards for a few (mainly technical) reasons; but I can't deny being disappointed by Luca's (or GN's, if Luca isn't well) lack of presence there. It plain and simple IS disappointing tosee how poorly GN is servicing those HZ-boards up till now...

Thread Information