Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuns conflicting

Default Stuns conflicting

I havenoticed a fewissues with my stuns conflicting.

Stunnerdoesn't hit if the mob has been stunned with my bolt with the stun tech.The stunner ability's sole purpose is to stun and it's stun lasts longer than the stun tech, it should take presedence. As it is nowthere's no reason you would want to use it until after you waited for the effect from the stun techto wear off. This slows down combat.

Numbing Haze doesn't hit if the mob has stunner on it at the time. Numbing haze is a long term stun with a casting delay wile stunner hit's instantly and lasts for a short duration. It would make more sense if you could stun the mob quickly for a short duration and use that time to set up alongertermstun.

Any other stuns not working as expected?
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Default Re: Stuns conflicting

Quote Originally Posted by Xydrik
    It would make more sense if you could stun the mob quickly for a short duration and use that time to set up alongertermstun.
    And for the monsters also, is their AI doing this also?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Same issue with all debuffs. The effect of higher level overwrites the lower ones. special with techs that are weak compared to the level overwriting a little lower abilitys that are much more powerfull is not that nice.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

It's not always higher stuff overwriting lower stuff... For instance, my numbing haze 5 won't overwrite stunner 2.
    Syntael Arclight
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

For some reason the weight of Numbing Haze was set to practically 0 which means it would not overwrite anything. I have corrected this in the database (for next patch) so Numbing Haze V should now overwrite Stunner III.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Amon[:D]
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

On a similar note, Immolate (the spell), Burning dmg (the spell tech) and Engulf (the mage ability) have bizarre conflicts as well.

if Immolate V is on a mob, enulf V (which is way better) fails to go on the mob, saying that "target has immolate V on it, failed" or somesuch. All three of those things I listed need to be put in the correct hierarchy. From best, to worst:

Engulf > Immolate > Burning Dmg if they are of the same tier.

It would be ideal if immolate and burning dmg could stack, since that would make two fairly worthless effects combine into one pretty good one... but the most important part is the Engulf needs to work no matter what, its a pretty important ability for a mage.

torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

well, that gets more complicated... You see, "best" and "worst" are not absolutes and are very subjective. Typically the way we weight something is based on the skill required to use it or the level at which it is obtained.

- Amon

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    well, that gets more complicated... You see, "best" and "worst" are not absolutes and are very subjective. Typically the way we weight something is based on the skill required to use it or the level at which it is obtained.

- Amon
    well you can ask any mage which is "best" and they will all say engulf. why? because its damage ticks are much faster than immolate, and does more damage per tick. engulf is absolutely better for a mage than immolate. Here are the numbers to support my claim:

Engulf V
    gained at 84 Mage
    84-101 Flame dmg every 3 sec, for 21 sec. (7 ticks) up to 707 dmg possible

Immolate V (unteched)
    need level 82 to use
    42-58 Flame dmg every 7 sec, for 49 sec. (7 ticks) up to 406 dmg possible

Burning Effect V
    5-5 Flame dmg every 4 sec, for 20 sec. (5 ticks) up to 100 dmg possible
    96 chaos warrior

Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Back to the topic of stuns conflicting...

Spellbind 2 fails because of stunner 1.
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

Well, Spellbind 2 won't fail because of Stunner 1 anymore. It will fail because of Stunner 2 though.

Have altered Engulf so that it is higher than Immolate. Looking into Burning Effect. Not sure off-hand what ability/spell causes that.

- Amon

Well, Spellbind 2 won't fail because of Stunner 1 anymore. It will fail because of Stunner 2 though.

Have altered Engulf so that it is higher than Immolate. Looking into Burning Effect. Not sure off-hand what ability/spell causes that.

- Amon
    Thanks for the engulf change [:)]
    Burning Effect is a tech that can go on almost all flame spells, and has a % chance to proc.
    96 chaos warrior

Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Well, Spellbind 2 won't fail because of Stunner 1 anymore.

- Amon
    Amon... You are the man. I'll let you know if i run into anything else.
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

Okay I've got a big question on the entire issue of which debuff/buff overwrites which.

Once you've determined that two different abilities should conflict. I.e. Rust and Banish Armor. Or Immolate and Engulf. Or Promote Vitality and Earthen Crust. And so on.

Why can't you just make it so the most recent one sticks. I.e. since you can't decide whether rust is better or banish armor is better, just make it so if a mob has Rust on it, and somebody uses Banish later on, Banish will stick. And if a Mob has Banish, and somebody decides to use Rust, Rust will stick.

It would give a smart group the ability to choose which debuff is better for a particular case.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Because the system does not work that way. Each augmentation is weighted and given keywords. If it encounters a keyword match and is weighted more then it will overwrite.

- Amon

What happens when the weights are equal?
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

disconcert (80% focus, 80% power, +20% delay) get overwrite by derange (85% power, 85% focus)
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Speaking of disconcert, I just hit a mob with spellbind and disconcert proc'd and released spellbind.
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

Disconcert is received at level 30 Sorcerer so I have adjusted its weight so that it will now overwrite Derange II.

I do not see how Disconcert and Spellbind could interact. Perhaps you meant a different ability?

- Amon

Hmmm... just tried spellbind again until disconcert proc'd and spellbind was not affected.

I think what happened is I used stunner 1 and then spellbind. It still said spellbind hit, but I never saw the failure message in the combat log, but that's been a common occurence lately.
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

Thread Information