Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuns conflicting

Default Re: Stuns conflicting

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Disconcert is received at level 30 Sorcerer so I have adjusted its weight so that it will now overwrite Derange II.

I do not see how Disconcert and Spellbind could interact. Perhaps you meant a different ability?

- Amon
    Derange V is weaker than disconcert! Please make disconcert overwrite all derange effects.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Please re-read my post above about how things are weighted. That will explain why things overwrite and why they sometimes don't.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon, on the Engulf/Immolate issue did you change it across tiers or just T5? I ask because even Immolate I overwrites Engulf and Engulf is far better.

Just a curiosity.

All tiers

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Why have tech of differen tiers with same effect (only different chance) different key words?
    cannt this be same keywords for all tiers if the real power of the effect donnt change? this are bane, stun, derange, shoked, frezz and some more. and spell effects like thunder too. it is always 2 seconds stun. Is it possible to give all of these effects lines the same keyword? then always the last one would overwrite the older and the effect lasts longer that way.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

I think murphy had it correct...

A complex system that doesn't work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Well, Spellbind 2 won't fail because of Stunner 1 anymore. It will fail because of Stunner 2 though.

Have altered Engulf so that it is higher than Immolate. Looking into Burning Effect. Not sure off-hand what ability/spell causes that.

- Amon
    Why do spellbind/numbing haze (mezzes) conflict with stunner, dynamic pulse, etc (stuns) anyway? They're completely differenent augmentations. Its like Engulf conflicting with Binding Crystals.

As far as Sorceror goes. They have

Spells:

Lessen Power/Focus, Stupidity, Scatterbrain (Power/Focus Debuffs)

Numbing Haze (Mezz)

Warped Perception (To Hit Debuff)

Daunting Mist/Debaes (Slow/Snares)

Abilities:

Disconcert (Power/Focus debuff + slow)
    Mystify (power/focus debuff + snare)

Thought Capture Decrease (power debuff)

Spellbind/Area Spellbind (mezzes)

I would think that like debuffs would be the ones conflicting.

Mystify and Disconcert should conflict (and do)
    Mystify and Disconcert should conflict with Lessen Power/Focus, STupidity, Scatterbrain (dunno dont' have any of those scribed)
    Warped perception shouldn't conflict with any of those and doesn't
    Spellbind and Areas spellbind properly conflict with Numbing Haze.

Spellbind and Area spellbind probably should, but don't (or at least Spellbind IV doesn't get a conflicting message when the mob already has Area spellbind IV, and Area Spellbind doesn't get a conflicting message when the mob already has Spellbind IV) I wonder if the weights are equal

Debase conflicts with spellbind, area spellbind, and numbing haze, and stunsbutit shouldn't as they're different effects.

Daunting Mist doesn't conflict with spellbind, area spell, or numbing haze. As it shouldn't

However Daunting Mist and Debase don't conflict, they stack. Yet they're the exact same effect (just one spell is aoe).

My conclusions:

There is no keyword for mezzes and they are considered stuns, for all intents and purposes regarding augmentation confliction.Whether that's good or bad or intended is a question for our distinguished design lead (blatant sucking up for a seperate mez keyword).

But I suspect that Debase is bugged and has the keyword for a Stun instead of the same keyword Daunting Mist has.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

PJ,

Let me see if I can address some of this..

1. Numbing Haze has both Mesmerize and Stun keywords.

2. Spellbind and Area Spellbind have the same keywords, but for some reason also had the exact same weight. I have adjusted Area Spellbind upwards so it will now overwrite Spellbind of the same tier.

3. Looking into Debase because you are correct.

4. You are correct about Daunting Mist. It has the proper keywords, while Debase does not.

- Amon

3. Looking into Debase because you are correct.

4. You are correct about Daunting Mist. It has the proper keywords, while Debase does not.

- Amon
    this has been the case since release I think. debase + daunting mist, or cast vice versa, is essentially a root (the mob does not move) even though the math would indicate that they still should have some speed... percentage of a percentage thing... it's wierd.

It is useful strategy in my book of tricks heh [:#], but it needs to be corrected in some way if that is not the intended result.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

I just tried casting numbing haze 5 on a mob that I hit with stunner 1 and stunner 1 prevented numbing haze 5.
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Change probably hasnt' gone live yet
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Change probably hasnt' gone live yet
    Yup, you're right. I thought Amon said he had changed it, but I looked back and he said in next patch.
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Thread Information