Thread: Please Expand Vault, if only slightly

JFred

Default Please Expand Vault, if only slightly

Well, I'm getting close to platemail wearing capability and have already purchased my next suit of armor. Unfortunately, with vault capacity as it is, this ONE suit of armor consumes almost 25% of my vault capacity! As I can't even purchase an additional capacity boost now, I think it's time that vault capacity be fixed or, at least, level the playing field for those of us unfortunate enough to have missed the vault expansion option.

It's also seems a bit odd that I can carry 1800 bulk in my backpack and yet can store only 2000 bulk in my VAULT! [^o)]

Silvanas_starlight

Default Re: Please Expand Vault, if only slightly

I agree or at least give more then 200 per upgrade, considering how pricey upgrades are. It's sad when our backpacks hold more (or close to same) then our vaults, lol

Umm VaultUpgrade V is 4800 space....

For Original Poster, have you done the upgrade quests? If not, go to Tazoon West and talk to the new vault manager.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

JFred

For Original Poster, have you done the upgrade quests? If not, go to Tazoon West and talk to the new vault manager.

Thanks, I didn't know of this quest...hope it's do-able at my level.

The quests are do-able at any level although they weren't working for a while.

I would still like the vaults to change. While I don't keep much bulk in mine, I do keep a lot of items, being a collector.

I am now having to seriously think about axeing 2 of my collections "Istarian Creatures Museum" and "Withered Aegis Museum" as each vault increase only adds 20 more items. I'm already done with Vault increase 4...and still have most of tier 4 and 5 to collect.

Not to mention all the cool items that drop and the items I get via events and dragon quests.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Quote Originally Posted by JFred

Thanks, I didn't know of this quest...hope it's do-able at my level.
    Even with this it is still not enough as those quests do not do much for adding space. I agree that we need a lot more in the bulk added to the vaults.

There has to be a cap someplace. They just went through a round of vault expansions and already you ask for more? Remember, the more you store in a database the slower the database will run.

We have 3 storage options at present. Vaults,housing and silos. Each of those hold a varying degree of bulk versus items. It is your decision what to keep and what not to keep,what to build or what not to build.

The more database space we ask for now, to keep things we wish to collect or may need in the future the less room they have to work with in the future for additional things from tier 6 to furniture. Unless of course you are going to be happy with 10 minute load times.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

I don't really need bulk, I need more item space. With my various suits of armor (mainly cargo), comps, formulae, tools, sacks and satchels, and other miscellany, I just don't have room for it all. I suppose I could start shuffling stuff to my alts but most of that stuff I have in storage I need for Merri.

If I had the money to throw away and buy TG a bigger database I would. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    There has to be a cap someplace. They just went through a round of vault expansions and already you ask for more? Remember, the more you store in a database the slower the database will run.

We have 3 storage options at present. Vaults,housing and silos. Each of those hold a varying degree of bulk versus items. It is your decision what to keep and what not to keep,what to build or what not to build.

The more database space we ask for now, to keep things we wish to collect or may need in the future the less room they have to work with in the future for additional things from tier 6 to furniture. Unless of course you are going to be happy with 10 minute load times.
    Just to add to that, even in a roleswapping game, it takes a bit of thinking effort of balancing tradeoffs and true needs (yes NEEDS) of storage. Extreme roleswapping does have its limits.

At least all of the races can have convenient access to plot storage along with their vault and just backpacking stuff. All but one, but ignoring lore and exterting additionalefforts, even dragons can store stuffs on a plot.

And don't compare vault bulk capacity to a character's inventory. The bulk a character can run with is way to high, but likely most players will cry "nerf" if a character's inventory is more reasonable, you know, most wanting "adds". The developers didn't plan capacities over the tiered levels, nor thought about them, else they would be lower. Think about it, should a characterbe able to merrily run about with 500 metal bars or stone bricks in their pack? More so with cargo gear?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Kozzak

Hi, You know that database can handle anyting at this point, Because of server population, Yes it true if server had 5k or 10k ppl plaing at same time, and each player having unlimited item stack that would put to much stress on database, but with curent player base we could have more item stack with no efect on performance.

Also latest patch was nice as we got storage increase, thou i got disapointed when i ran to my house and its 75% empty but i can't add a single item because its item maxed,

True, there may be a lot of DB space now due to low populations on the servers but that cannot be the reason for increasing the amount of DB useage by adding more items. In the future if server populations increase do you really want thenm to say "Uh we need some database room so we are going to take back some of the vault increases? "

Stack increase would take up a spot as each new stack requires a separate line. Bulk increase does not. It is all added to one line and when it is full thats it.

example...rude and crude but...

ItemQuantityBulkBulk TotalItem TotalMax Bulk

rock385731200

paper46

Scissors33

So you can see that everytime you create a new stack or item that you require a new line. The Quantity of each Item and the Bulk of each are secondary as they are just totals of (Bulk*Qty) for the total number of lines. That is why it is much easier to increase bulk then stacks. All you have to change is the number under maximum bulk.

Now take your items in your backpack,vault,silos,housing and add them as above. You will see where having too many stacks/items would quickly become unwieldy. the larger the database the longer the load times and the slower the access times.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

I understand the problem, personal vaults are to small...
    My personal opinion about this is that it forces us to buy a plot and build many houses and Silo's and whatever stuff can be dumped on a plot...

My personal vault is 2000 bulk and Rvlion's inventory is 4500 bulk...

I am also kinda forced in buying a small plot in sunny Morning Light and since I cannot afford hiring others to build my plot I am lvl'ing my alts into building the stuff...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Got T4 vault and still i need more space. I just bought an plot and build a Guild house on it coz the last path it got around 14k bulk. And its close to a porter and costs me much less then getting vault at t4 only a bit more time
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Thread Information