Thread: Effects of "Consumable Trinkets" (WIP)

Lerolas

Default Effects of "Consumable Trinkets" (WIP)

At great personal risk [:P], I have spent countless hours [C]testing these to develop a database of their effects. After only a few DPs I am no where near getting all of them! [:S] But here's what I have figured out! Please feel free to post the effectsyou have noted.
    ***Special thanks to Quantum for donating over 600 consumables to this project!
    Trinkets are tiered by type..not quality. Meaning all charms for example have a T3 effect. Be it good or bad. I have been corrected! [:$] (see Amon's Post below)
    Also in IRC he let me know there are 32 different effects per tier!
    Type Tier Trinket I Baubles II Locket III Charm IV Tablet V Figurine VI

Tier effects the amount of the effect as well as the duration. I have pasted the previous notes/info at the bottom for easy reference.

Type Name Tier Type Effect Duration Frequency Trinket Drulkar's Wrath I Bad 6-9 Flame damage 0:21 0:03 Trinket Alyssa's Energized State I Good 4% Chance spell do 200% of normal damage 10:00 Charm Alyssa's Decaying Touch III Bad 21-29 Nature damage 0:28 0:04 Charm Alyssa's Energized State III Good 10% Chance spell do 200% of normal damage 10:00 Charm Alyssa's Enervated State III Bad 10% chance spells will only do 50% damage 10:00 Charm Alyssa's Mark III Bad Draws nearby creatures 4:00 Charm Bachanatus' Solace III Bad Melee attacks only do 89% damage 10:00 Charm Blizzard III Bad Ice Shackles III (speed/flight limited to 0 for 16 sec or until hit taken), 46-55 Ice damage 0:21 0:03 Charm Brobbet's Hand of Justice III Good 10% Attacks do 200% 10:00 Charm Daggarth's Blessing III Good +44 Strength 10:00 Charm Daggarth's Scorn III Bad -44 Strength 10:00 Charm Divine Protection III Good Deals 9-11 spirit damage to those that hit you 1:00 Charm Drulkar's Debilitating Eye III Bad 10% chance Attacks only do 50% damage 10:00 Charm Drulkar's Wrath III Bad 46-55 Flame damage 0:21 0:03 Charm Enraged III Good Melee attacks do 110% damage 5:00 Charm Hastened III Good Modifies Melee delay by -15% 10:00 Charm Heightened Senses III Good 10% Chance you inflict Max damage 10:00 Charm Holy Armament of Istaria III Good Incoming attacks only do 89% of normal damage 5:00 Charm Istaria's Breath III Good Heals 24-48 2:00 :20 Charm Istaria's Gait III Good 110% base Speed 2:00 Charm Istaria's Grace III Good +44 Evasion 10:00 Charm Istaria's Guiding Hand III Good +5% to Hit 10:00 Charm Markus' Miscalculation III Bad -5% Chance to Hit with spells 10:00 Charm Markus' Misdirection III Bad Modifies delay of spell and melee attacks by +15% 5:00 Charm Mystical Storm III Bad 46-55 Energy damage 0:21 0:03 Charm Mystical Ward of Istaria III Good Incoming spells only do 89% of normal damage 5:00 Charm Niatha' Wrath III Bad 97% Normal casting damage Charm Niatha's Blessing III Good Spells do 110% normal damage 5:00 Charm Niatha's Harvest III Bad Limits Health to 10 4:00 Charm Nyrevin's Embrace III Bad 46-55 Life damage 10:00 0:20 Charm Psychic Burst III Bad Modifies delay by +15%, 46-55 mind damage :21 :03 Charm Spectral Touch III Good 10% Chance your attacks will do Etheral damage 5:00 Charm Unknown III Bad Instant death Locket Hastened IV Good Modifies Melee delay by -20% 10:00 Locket Mystical Ward of Istaria IV Good Incoming spells only do 87% of normal damage 5:00 Locket Niatha's Blessing IV Good Spells do 112% normal damage 5:00 Locket Nyrevin's Embrace IV Bad 56-78 Life damage 10:00 0:20 Tablet Alyssa's Touch V Good Casting delay modified by -25% 10:00 Tablet Holy Armament of Istaria V Good Incoming attacks only do 83% of normal damage 6:00 Tablet Markus' Bewildering State V Bad Removes Beneficial augmentations and prevents others, max of 99 removals 6:00 0:03 Tablet Markus' Miscalculation V Bad -9% Chance to Hit with spells 10:00 Tablet Psychic Burst V Bad Modifies delay by +25%, 84-101 mind damage 0:21 0:03

Consumable Trinkets

The Living Races have been on Istaria for thousands of years. During the long years, many civilizations have risen to great power, only to later fall into dust. And throughout the centuries, many people have sought protection from the unknown, often through the use of small trinkets or charms. Some of these trinkets and charms have been passed down from generation to generation as family heirlooms, but most have been lost in the destruction of cities and towns, the fall of empires, and the passing years. From time to time, creatures as well as the forces of the Withered Aegis, discover charms and trinkets from olden times that often bear magical properties.

These charms can be used by the Living Races to obtain arcane augmentations, sometimes beneficial, but sometimes due to their age or the instability of the magics within, detrimental. They are known to come in several forms; the smallest and least powerful are often found as trinkets and baubles, charms and lockets are often more powerful, and tablets and figurines often contain the most potent magics.

After extensive testing, the researchers at the New Rachival Research Institute have determined that if the amount of remaining magical energy versus the amount of corruption is fairly balanced, then the results will be only slightly good or bad. However, if the ratio of energy versus corruption is not in balance, then the smaller portion has a chance to have an amplified effect in an attempt to achieve equilibrium. Using this ratio, the researchers have identified six condition grades of trinkets, which have been classified as Blighted, Cursed, Tarnished, Shiny, Blessed and Ethereal:[*]Blighted Trinkets and other charms are the most degraded and have a very high chance of giving a detrimental effect. The magics contained within the charms is very strong, and while some of it remains unblighted there is small chance to gain a very powerful beneficial effect.[*]Cursed Trinkets and other charms are less degraded than Blighted ones, but still have a high chance of giving a detrimental effect. The magics contained within these trinkets are still strong, but more of the energy remains unblighted and therefore they have a slightly higher chance of giving a moderately beneficial effect.[*]Tarnished Trinkets and other charms are very degraded and the magicks contained within are only slightly out of balance with the corruption.[*]Shiny Trinkets and other charms are only a little less degraded than Tarnished ones, but like Tarnished Trinkets the magics within are only slightly out of balance with the corruption.[*]Blessed Trinkets have begun to degrade and blight, though the corruption is significantly out of balance with the magical energy. These trinkets have a good chance of still giving a beneficial effect, though the imbalance within has caused them to exhibit powerful detrimental effects from time to time.[*]Ethereal Trinkets are in near-perfect condition with only slight corruption and therefore still retain a very good chance of giving a beneficial effect. However, with the recent onset of degradation the blight within the charm is more concentrated and so there is a small chance of a powerful detrimental effect.[/list]

In addition, after much experimentation the researchers have calculated an approximation of the odds that each condition grade of trinket tends to exhibits for beneficial and detrimental effects. They have compiled the following chart to illustrate this:

Class of Trinket Chance of Beneficial Chance of Detrimental Blighted 10% 90% Cursed 25% 75% Tarnished 40% 60% Shiny 60% 40% Blessed 75% 25% Ethereal 90% 10%
    4/19/05 Update/Fix[*]Niatha?s Wrath is no longer removable.[*]Niatha?s Blessing is no longer removable.[*]Augmentations received from Consumable Trinkets no longer take a gift slot and attempt to overwrite existing augmentations.[/list]

Default Re: Effects of "Consumable Trinkets" (WIP)

Nice!

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Great and VERY helpful work there! Thanks!

I would add that Brobbet's Hand of Justice goes up to Tier V as well, with a 16% chance of doing 200% damage for 10 minutes.

In fact, I believe all the effects you have listed have Tier I, II, III, IV and V versions (I haven't yet fetched a Tier VI trinket, so I'm not sure if they exist).
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Over the past week I have slain literally hundreds of Tier VI Indestructible Fyakki and haven't fetched any kind of trinket--IBM's, soul fragments, dye techs and master construction forms--but no trinkets.

So my guess would be that they're not in game.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Well, you are close, but not 100% on target Lerolas. [:P]

Charms are indeed Tier 3, but that does not mean that they always give Tier 3 effects. MUAHAHAH!

Oh and Figurines are in-game.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    I would add that Brobbet's Hand of Justice goes up to Tier V as well, with a 16% chance of doing 200% damage for 10 minutes.
    It goes to VI you get the VI effect from using a cursed item and having a heap of luck :) VI is 19% chance from memory.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Good list.

HopefullyI'll get to use them soon, none of the trinkets work for me. they do work on my blight char, but not on my order one (I have padishar on blight and order).

This is an interesting chart, though I'm unlikely to internalize it. I just tend to chew on baubles until I get an effect I like (it's real handy that they overwrite each other -- get a bad debuff, take two shiny tablets and call me in the morning, bad debuff is presto chango replaced).

It's been a lot of fun to get an effect I've not seen before. Still, it's also fun to see what all the possibilities are.

-Levity Merrel

PS Main point of this post: Tantalyr, check your PM's :).

Eep, Lavee, you sure? I thought I saw them start stacking, but it was only a couple of days ago that a friend of mine managed to overwrite a vicious debuff. Maybe some overwrite and some don't?

-Levity

Lerolas

From my tests so far I have seen that they stack now. I had 12 effects going at once. But it also seems that most effects have an opposite so you could counter the bad ones. Just like Gifts, higher tier effects override lower ones.

Amon is correct in that trinkets of a certain tier do not necessarily give the same tier effect. I remember once I managed to get Hastened VII (-35% to delay) from a tablet. Combined with Alacrity IV (-20% to delay) I started thwacking as a gem exposure so fast the animation wouldn't even complete before I'd swing again. Extremely awesome.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

One of the devs told me an interesting tidbit:

The strength of the beneficial effect is inversely proportional to the chance of getting any beneficial effect. What this means is that when a charm that has a 10% chance of giving a good effect is used and triggers a good effect, that good effect will be very strong. In contrast, the good effect from a charm with a 90% chance of giving a good effect will be very weak.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

It was Amon that told you that!
    KalidoRs KaZaN
    Adv 100/crafter 100/Lairshaper 100 Ancient Dragon
    Chaos Shard

Quote Originally Posted by KalidoR
    It was Amon that told you that!
    Heh. That's right. Thought so too, but didn't recall for certain.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Ok, some for the list.
    "+" = Positive, "-" = Negative Effect
    cbd = cannot be dispelled / D = Duration / ED = Extra Damage / F = Frequency

+ Alyssa's Touch: Alyssa reaches out and touches you, reducing casting delay on your spells
    Attuned Spells only: modifies delay by -25% D 10:00

+ Brobbet's Hand of Justice V is on your side, resulting in an improved chance to inflict double damage with melee-attacks
    Attuned cbd 16% chance Attacks only: 200% normal damage D 10:00

+ Heightened Senses V allow you to inflict maximum damage some of the time
    Attuned cbd 16% chance: Maximum damage D 10:00

- Bachanatus' Solace V reduces melee damage
    Attuned cbd Attacks only: Does 83% of normal damage D 10:00

- Drulkar's Debilitating Eye V causes your melee-Attacks to inflict half -damage some of the time
    Attuned cbd 16% chance attacks only: Does 50% of normal damage D 10:00

- Drulkar's Wrath V causes an enveloping Flame to burn you
    ED: 84-101 Flame cbd F 0:03 D 0:21

- Markus' Misdirection V results in light confustion, slowing spell- and melee-Attacks
    Modifies delay by -25% cbd D 5:00

- Niatha's Harvest VII
    Niatha, goddess of vengeance, harvests your life force for her own purposes, refusing to give it back until her use for it is exhausted
    Limits health to 10 cbd D 8:00

- Psychic Burst V
    A mental storm rages in your mind, causes mind damage over time and slowing your attacks
    ED: 84-101 mind cbd F 0:03 D 0:21

- Niathia's Blessing II
    - As Niathia's Blessing III but Spells do 107% normal damage
    - Came from a Bauble

- Brobbets Hand of Justice V
    - Came from a Tablet

- Markus' Misdirection IV
    - As Markus' Misdirection III but: Modifies delay by +20%
    - Came from a Locket

- Bachanatus' Solace IV
    - As Bachanatu's Solace III but: Does 87% of normal damage
    - Came from a Locket

- Spectral Touch V
    - As Spectral Touch III but: 16% chance damage is ethereal
    - Came from a Locket

I've forgotten the name of it, I'll go through some tablets trying to get some more, but

What it does: remove 99beneficial enhacementsevery 5 seconds for 10 minutes.

Somewhere between the Sacred Silence and Sleep there is Order -System of a Down
    Let's have a war, clean out this place - A Perfect Circle

Nice chart you got going there. One thing needs to be corrected though is the list of what type of item is what tier. You have Charms as T4 and Lockets as T3 and it is the other way around. Otherwise good compilation!

Istara's Grace V: +80 evade for 10 min

Niatha's Blessing V: Spells do 115% damage for 5 min

Markus' Midirection VII : Modifies delay by +35% for 5 min
    Somewhere between the Sacred Silence and Sleep there is Order -System of a Down
    Let's have a war, clean out this place - A Perfect Circle

Heightened Senses IV 13% chance to do maximum damage.

From the III and V versions, you can see the pattern emerging.

Thread Information