Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: @Tulga please send GN the security certificate

Default @Tulga please send GN the security certificate

its getting real frustrating!

dont you like GN? we have this issue now since several month

https://horizons.eu.istaria.com/default.aspx?c=DE

here to see what we Uniter have to experience all day if we want to loning :(

Default Re: @Tulga please send GN the security certificate

Its getting really anoying that security certificate... Please do something about it
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

oh yes

an very old issue and extreme anoying

Might scare new players away also
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Of course it does, several guy askme if the game is secure of there are trojans or viruses coming off it. Of course it does not but let impersonate for a second a new player who:

- Has to fight to find the game - none knows about Hz (I ask on WoW but like 0.1% know ofHz at all, this game, as nice as it is, is c o m p l e t e l y u n k n o w n).

The only references I hear about it (and not just in WoW forums or game but general gaming boards too) are "if you want to go in a boring game with no risk and full of wussies go play Hz".

- Has to log in and accept what Explorer says it's a possibly dangerous site.

- Once scared of it, the new player has to give to an offshore obscure and unknown company, that his browser found not secure, his full credit card data even to just demo it. In a time where scamming people with bogus sites that grab credit card data is the norm?

Who, and I stress, whoin his right mind would join a game after these premises?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

it doesn't take that long to set up. So kind of curious as to why Tulga is intentionally delaying it. Cause quite simply it must be intentional.

Would take no resources away from game development.

*shrugs*

yes its an amateur behavior, nothing professional :(

if i would buy this game and would see this security warning i never would agree this message!

i would think hey what a freaky game, i dont want to infect my game with any agressive software...

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain
    it doesn't take that long to set up. So kind of curious as to why Tulga is intentionally delaying it. Cause quite simply it must be intentional.

*shrugs*
    The people involved with this probably have zero to do with development. Maybe we should ask why the folks at Digital Bros are taking so long to renegotiate terms with Tulga ? I mean I can imagine the business folks at Digital Bros (parent company of Game Network for those wondering what the connection is) seeing Horizons having a bit of a rough time, and pulling through, streamlined, lower overheads. Now I can certainly imagine they'd want to renegotiate a more favourable contract for the EU side of things. The people at Digital Bros probably figure they have the upper hand since Tulga won't want to risk anything.

Now I'd be mighty curious why people think Tulga are the root of this minor issue with the security certificate (major when considering the potential business lost from customers unwilling to use a secure site with an invalid certificate warning). I've presented a possible alternative. Thing is, until we hear some official statement declaring that Digital Bros (Game Network) and Tulga have negotiated a deal to ensure the continued provision of Horizons in the EU market sector, none of us know what the real situation is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tryagain wrote:it doesn't take that long to set up. So kind of curious as to why Tulga is intentionally delaying it. Cause quite simply it must be intentional.

*shrugs*

The people involved with this probably have zero to do with development. Maybe we should ask why the folks at Digital Bros are taking so long to renegotiate terms with Tulga ? I mean I can imagine the business folks at Digital Bros (parent company of Game Network for those wondering what the connection is) seeing Horizons having a bit of a rough time, and pulling through, streamlined, lower overheads. Now I can certainly imagine they'd want to renegotiate a more favourable contract for the EU side of things. The people at Digital Bros probably figure they have the upper hand since Tulga won't want to risk anything.

Now I'd be mighty curious why people think Tulga are the root of this minor issue with the security certificate (major when considering the potential business lost from customers unwilling to use a secure site with an invalid certificate warning). I've presented a possible alternative. Thing is, until we hear some official statement declaring that Digital Bros (Game Network) and Tulga have negotiated a deal to ensure the continued provision of Horizons in the EU market sector, none of us know what the real situation is.
    likewise leaving everyone in the dark leads to speculation. GN's communication on the matter has been always " Its been paid for we have it we are just waiting for Tulga to set it up on the domain" as posted by Luca. There is no other conclusion to make though your explaination seems plausible to me.

Maybe GN is no longer interestet in the Certificate prob because they are changing the login URL soon and turn it over to their own website where the just have begun to create a forum. The fact that they want to include the payment system into their account system there might show up that they try to detach themselve from Tulga.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain
    GN's communication on the matter has been always " Its been paid for we have it we are just waiting for Tulga to set it up on the domain" as posted by Luca. There is no other conclusion to make though your explaination seems plausible to me.
    Actually, Luca's comments have been that GN needs written permission from TG. This is the part that rings false for me. Maintaining the game servers - which would include the cert - is undoubtedly part of GN's service contract with AE/TG and that contract should have empowered GN to do what was needed for that. Why would GN refuse to do something they should be fully empowered to do?

Because they want something, and TG isn't willing to give it to them.

GN's actions are hurting TG's subscribers and making TG look bad. A service company normally doesn't do things that make its client look bad - kind of a career-limiting move, you might say. When GN doesn't take care of the Unity players, they look at TG for help, and in so doing, they bring to bear pressure that GN cannot.

Considering all the bad feelings & frustration this issue has caused, I can't help but wonder - what is it that GN wants so much that they're willing to risk burning a bridge to get it? What could be so bad that TG wouldprefer toendure the ire of the EU players rather than togive in?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

GN follows the very established (sadly I say, I live there) Italian way to lift self responsibilities and discharge them on others.

But Tulga is not innocent. The certificatemust come off the istaria.com domain owner since GN is in a istaria.com sub domain, yet Tulga's not signing the paper that would allow the certificate company to make a working certificate bound to said domain.

Why? I don't think they are so sleepy not to see the months standing requests, including Luca asking on IRC to Tulga people in public.

/wild mode on
    I fear there's some odd crap tied i.e. with the domain being locked for some stupid reason like i.e. something related with the Chapter 11 affair so they cannot sign anything and don't want to say the uncomfortable reason.
    /wild mode off

Since GN are getting tangible damage in the form of lost subscriptions they could well be in a position to sue Tulga but with international laws it's hairy at best and they don't need to litigate and become even more distant than they are now already.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor
    Maybe GN is no longer interestet in the Certificate prob because they are changing the login URL soon and turn it over to their own website where the just have begun to create a forum. The fact that they want to include the payment system into their account system there might show up that they try to detach themselve from Tulga.
    Well we don't know whether Game Network really are trying to put distance between themselves and Tulga, but unfortunately there are indicators along the way that suggest this is exactly what GN are trying to do.

I have no idea why GN are trying so hard to get away from Tulga (ok so I have a pretty good idea but this isn't the place to be saying things that the few hard-working individuals left at GN might take offence at), with every passing day I see the overall Horizons community become more and more splintered. This is not good for the game, for the community as a whole. Half the Unity players who used to visit these forums now hang out at the new Game Network forums, and complain there because they don't get any feedback (we're on about lack of feedback from Luca, the man who said he had a forum login problem for 6 months and then as soon as the GN forums came online he openly admits in IRC that he's not had those pesky old login problems for the official community forum site for months !). Then there's those who now have twice as much forum reading to do because there's now two forums for the one product. Admittedly there's not exactly much to read on the GN forums if you're after official information... Finally those left of Unity are the sensible ones, those who don't bother with forums altogether. God bless you folks, you're by far the most sane of us all !

I am firmly of the opinion that Game Network are at serious fault in their recent actions, and the longer that GN continue trying to renegotiate a deal that will ultimately hurt Tulga, the developer of the game in question, I feel confident in stating that I would not shed a tear if Tulga turned round to Game Network and said "You've had your chance, time for negotiations is over".

Whilst we are all having a little shot at speculation, how about reversing your last paragraph a little, Tzeal, and wondering if, now that there is a new man at the helm of Tulga/AE, he is looking for ways to cut pennies.

Without knowing the true facts, I will play guess with you and suggest that the contract originally made between AE and GN wasfor a fixed time and able to be renewed or not at the end of that time.

Now if Tulga needs to trim a little more fat they could be angling to make things so very difficult for GN that GN throw in the towel, and do not wish to renew the contract again. Unity goes to be managed by AE, bringing with it the subscriptions of the European players and, hey, a few more pennies in the bank.

All pure speculation, of course.

Nobody knows what on earth is going on and the example that you gave of supposedly what Luca said in IRC about his not being able to log in here being a bit of a fib for a few months is evidence of why IRC is not a good form of communication, in my humble opinion.

What other service provider would condone their employees getting so comfortable with their service providers that they chitter chatter with them aboutprivate company business.Luca should not be that familiar that he feels comfortable enough to chat on IRC like he is at the pub with his mates, if he indeed did do that.

If Luca did say what you suggest he said, I hope that he is reading your post and cringing whilst realising that fibs and sloppy jaws usually always comeback and bite you on the bum.

Personally, I wonder if both companies make it up as they go along.

And yes, I add my vote to the others who are asking to have the certificate issue fixed sooner rather than later as it wasunbelievable that after all this time it was still there when I logged in the other day.

Rainbow

ok we still experience this problem

@tulga are you the reason for this pain?

GN says they dont get the permission to change it

please take a look on your customers in europe

Still didn't had any official message about Unity for quite a while now...
    All the European login process need to have a good work done on it.

(shard status,event displayed change,security certificate ect...)

I don't even think and talk about the plot reclamation....

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    GN says they dont get the permission to change it

please take a look on your customers in europe
    Unfortunately we are not Tulga's customers, if we were you can bet that we would have been treated much better than Game Network have treated us. As with all other games GN host, they do not really care nor do they give due attention to their customers.

I stopped believing what GN's community liaison was saying a few months ago after he told several outright lies in a row repeatedly. Since then, we've heard hardly anything from him, although that might also have something to do with the campaign we're ramming down GN's throats in an effort to get some support out of them.

GN's first step should be to sort out customer support. Then they need to get back into negotiations with Tulga and ensure that Unity will continue to have the latest updates applied and that Unity can get the technical support that only the developers can provide (there are so many problems with Unity's database it is no longer funny, and despite what GN might tell us, I think we all know that they just do not have the technical competence to resolve these issues otherwise we'd have seen them fixed ages ago). Once support is sorted, and a deal has been reached with Tulga, Game Network then need to make sure that they give their customers the attention needed to ensure that customers start writing words of praise that GN will actually deserve at that point. In the long run, once GN actually sort out the myriad of issues they have caused, they need to make sure they don't drop the ball again. It seems that whenever GN drop the ball, it takes ages to be picked up.

Got any ideas about solving those Database issues?
    I keep believing that some kind of cleanup must be done

edit: Plot reclamation would be the good moment isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Milandra
    Got any ideas about solving those Database issues?
    I keep believing that some kind of cleanup must be done

edit: Plot reclamation would be the good moment isn't it?
    Aye, having someone from Tulga who knows the ins and outs of a Horizons database like the back of their hands go over Unity's database thoroughly looking for and resolving the problems would be great, and like you say, preferably before the plot reclamation for Unity otherwise we could see plot reclamation throw up some unpleasant problems.

All I want to see is Game Network cooperating with, and allowing Tulga to provide their technical expertise to the shard of Unity, and to the Unity playerbase. Then Game Network wouldn't be giving us blank stares every time something goes wrong, instead GN could focus on matters such as community interaction, billing and general support. Leave the technical stuff to Tulga, that's my opinion.

Thread Information