Thread: Suggestions to new Draggyabilitys and spells

Default Suggestions to new Draggyabilitys and spells

Breath attacks, Ancient... or highleveladult.
    ----------------------------------------------

Helian
    Holy.
    An breathattack that simply reduces the mobs hp to a certain percentage of health 30-60% of the current heathstatus.
    Bosses affected but with reduced efficency..
    Damage done is converted to healthfor the dragonor spreadedif grouped, to the rest of the group...
    an Area of Effectattack..

Reload time.. 30 mins

Lunus
    Dark flames.
    Thick, sticky dark flames that burns the mobs affected over time with ethernal damage... with a wide area of effect and with good damage 100-120 every 5 sec for 30 sec.

Fireresistance and primal should go down the drain while the mobs are affected..

Reload time 30 mins

Spells
    ----------------------
    Now, of what iwe learned, dragons is a messy mix of all classes ingame, so these spells may have asociations (how the h*ll, do ya spell that) with existing biped spells.
    If u dont like em or want to change em, please post orPM me..

Primal Spells
    ----------------

Ultimate,Primal Bomb or something.. (have no idea.. give me suggestions)

much like the shining blandes or dark cyclone quest..
    One single spell that is available at say base lev 65-xx..
    A pretty slow spell but with some really devastating powers..

Thinking more like, sky turns red.. or red:ish, a great red orb growing bigger in front of the dragon and then launched pretty much the same way like the other bombspells, and upon impact a small nuke-cloud would be nice.. :P

Spell : TARGET (or a small area of effect) damage, Primal or ethernal 310-420
    Cast and hitspeed reduced by 20 to 40% for 30sec
    Target has reduced primalresistance and ward for 30 sec

Req: well, primal for sure... and lev (65-70) adv

Dimentional Rift, Dimensional strike, dimentional claws. (yet again.. want suggestions)

(pretty much the same story like the dimentional pocket)
    The dragon opens up a small rift in time and space.
    While the dragon is affected by the dimentional "rift" the surroundings tends to go in a state of slow motion. (not ingame)
    Enabling the dragon to swiftly hit and cast spells with surprisinly(spelling... ya i know) accurate perfection.. (like perfect spell, but not that accurate)

Chance to hit, increasing.. a really big increase.. (hey, we are talking bullet-time alĂ** Painkiller, Max pain here..(no real bullet-time ingame though))

Req: uh... skilled by level or taught by a trainer.. every 30:th level (30,60,90,120)

Abilitys

--------------------
    Ill keep it short, since my fingers is starting to hurt and im running out of ideas.

Ancient call, Ancient strike,Ancient roar (ooh, lookie here, an ancient ability)
    The force (not starwars :P )of an ancient dragon is enough to paralyse and frighteneven the toughest of mobs, even enough to sometimes kill one without even hurting them.

A NEW type ofability that i dont thinkeven horizons has the concept for.. a bit of a rolling wheel of fortune.. but in this case a rolling wheel of doom..
    (not sure about caos warriors, if they have these)

A targetspell, that attacks the mob, not inflicting damage but messes up the status (caos) of the mob, and can inflict several of the factors listed.

Messy status things:
    stun, paralyse, slow to none attackspeed, magic-casting, frightened (running away), reduced armor orevasion, reduced resistances and wards, reopened wounds (hey.. stress em, and they bleed), confusion (attacks random stuff), drain str, pwr and these stats.. and the last of em.. Instant DEATH.. although a small chance.. but not too impossible.. (since the mob can pretty much recieve all these statchanges at once)
    InstaDeathdont work onbosses..

Req: You recieve it when you reach Ancient

Reload : not to long... say 10-15 mins
    (hey, its not an area of effect so.. 10-15 sounds pretty nice for an ability like this)

brain.. overflowing with ideas.. must.. rest..

----------------------------------------------

Bleh... im out of ideas at the momemt.. but ill update this.... hm..when i feel like it..

(thinking of working with some suggestons to bipedspells/abilities too)
    Aenos on the Unity Shard
    One of those rare Helians. [Retired]
    draggy adventurer lev 100 / crafter lev 81

Default Re: Suggestions to new Draggyabilitys and spells

I like your ideas. I am hoping to see more spells added to dragons.
    Right now, imo there is no reason to be a dragonspellcaster just for 1 direct hit spell, and 4 aoe spells.

OMFG, those ideas ROCK....if those went in I would feel like a GOD (ingame)

Humble Helian 100/100 [link=http://www.11h.org/phpbb/portal.php]Eleventh Legion[/link]

Sevakordran

Just a few things I have been thinking of for a while, might as well toss these in so others can have a look.

~Swallow Whole:
    Just as it says, the dragon consumes his/her 'prey' ending the targets

Condition: Target must be at 20% or lower health but not dead. (Or below a certian level range comparitive to the dragon prehaps, where as some mobs to me now die in one or two hits) Must be living (IE: golems don't count) and Smaller than the dragon is.

Effect: Ability to loot target is lost. Regen 100hp every 10 seconds.(?) recycle 10-20 miniuets

~Stomp:
    Uh....Do I *relly* need to claify this :)

Condition: Target must be smaller than the dragon to succeed at all.

Effect: 70% chance to be stunned/crippled.

~Dive:
    Dragon grasps his foe, takes them into the air and dives down, relasing target to plumet to the ground. (Yes, I know the animation spesifications on this would take a lot of work, but still woulde be pretty ******** cool)

Condition: Target can be no larger than the dragon. Smaller targets are easier to grapple than larger targets.

Effect: 80% chance on sucessful attack to stun/cripple

~Rake:
    Dragon rakes his claws across the target.

Effect: 70% chance to cause the affect 'Bleed'

Also, I'd like to see the tail swipe changed to a small AOE, when my large tail comes swinging around, I dont think it should 'magicaly ignore' the other mobs trying to pull my wings off. Same thing for the Galewind, as well as maybe adding a knockback on both, but galewind only affects smaller targets while the tail swipe as a certian precentage to affect small or large targets.

God, What I wouldnt do for those!
    Leave a penney take a penney..need more than a penney? Get a job :|

ok what i would like to see is a breath of life(rezz ability for both) and to see them use there powerful magics hellians are only spell casters becuse of what 10 primal bonus i would like to see some more differences but would also like to see them stay about the same
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

These would all be quite wonderful, IMO, especially the grab-and-drop. But, I doubt they'll come about. The devs are apparently quite concerned with giving dragons too much power and therefore unbalancing the game; so concerned, in fact, that our reputation as the "rubber duckies of Istaria" has more than a grain of truth to it. *sigh*
    [:'(]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

yea.. most of those i would really love to see in game [;)]

I like these ideas, And the one where tail whip should be a PBAoE.

The primal line like summoning needs more spells as well.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

To me, dragons are generalists - they do a bit of melee and spellcasting. To be better in one (at the cost of the other), the player has to use training points and teched scales. Of course the path matters a small amount.

Any such suggestions should allow a spellcasting dragon to deliver comparable damage to a meleeing dragon. Blast/Tempest for Barrage/Gust, Prime Bolt for Ravage/bite, etc. Hoard powered Silver Strike and Gold Rage are much more effective toward the meleeing style (gotta hit, right?).

So, need a hoard powered Prime Bolt. Consider also hoard powered Blast/Tempest.

Spellcasters need a Promote Mind (for a Power/Focus boost) to match the Promote Vitality - only one can be active at a time. Make it a 30 minute timer for dragons, 15 when cast on bipeds.

Adult Galewind and Tail Whip should be area of effect. Larger area for Ancients (or maybe only Ancients have an area of effect Galewind).

I really like the Stomp (akin to Earthquake) idea, Shallow Whole (but may damage dragon too), and the other ones. Remember, though . . . adding more to the melee style so should balance it with spellcasting side. The claws are coming soon, so think about that added feature. Think of a dragon force, well all of us can't close to melee . . . not enough room (yes, pretend there is collision detection), so the spellcasters need a good role.

Speaking of spellcasting role, that is where the other magics can and should come in . . . We need an expanded Primal Line to mimic the magics of the bipeds - Gift spells, elemental damage for melee, stuns, Conjuror's Sheild spells, Healing, Spirit, etc. So those that focus on base Primal should have larger access to these spells, and (of course) at a cost of melee damage.

Breath weapons, well the easiest implementation is Breath of Fire IV and Ice/Lightning Breath II or III (and the dragon should have the option to drop one and quest for the other). AE should connect a resistance to a chosen secondary breath weapon (so Ice resistance for Ice breath, Energy resistance for Lightning breath). Get exotic, and then need to come up with Istarian Lore and yet more balancing aspects.

The first thing, however, is to complete the race and resolve the Dragon Issues (which some is repeated above).

New abilities and spells shouldbe accessible by Adults based on level and/or base Primal / Tooth and Claw skill. And, of course, by Withered Scale and other dragons (like Seliena).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Sevakordran

I did have some spell ideas based the same ast melee hoard atacks, though relly there is nothing stoping a purely Prime bolting dragon from using GR or SS for for what I hear is moderatly silimilar damage that a melee dragon can do.

Also nothing relly stops a melee dragon from using the same spells in the same way.

Myself I only use hoard attacks when in an emergency, even then I judge if its worth the hoard cost to not just take a DP. (Only 1.6mil in hoard here)

Whats needed is prime spells that only dragons that have a higher Primal skill can use, and melee attacks that only dragons with high (str?) can use. I'll have to think about that a bit on what I think would be pretty nifty on that, though this is always subjective.

Neways, my ideas on the prime spells were Simply prime spells that worked the same as the GR and SS.

Silver Bolt and Gold Bolt.

Which would use a givien ammount of hoard for extra damage just like GR or SS would.

Anywho, I gotta get going to work, I'm already late XD Meep! *flees*

Thread Information