Thread: Hello: Old Player Considering Returning and Hoping for Feedback

Laeria

Default Hello: Old Player Considering Returning and Hoping for Feedback

Some of you, from the Expanse server, may remember Laeria, the little blue dragon that completed her Right of Passage right before the server merger. With that said, I was wondering what all has been changed from the world I knew it. I continued to play for a week after the server merger and left because of how uncompleted everything felt. Does anyone have any imput on how the game has changed since then, in comparision to the pre-merger and post-merger meyhem? Did they ever add any of the Dragon Lairs? Visible Hordes? Ancient Right of Passage? Can we take on riders?

Default Re: Hello: Old Player Considering Returning and Hoping for Feedback

Lots of spawn zones have been added since right before the merge, and new landmasses have been added (you can verify this immediately in-game by opening your map and looking around). Same goes for resources; they have added spawns of lower-tier resource spawns to higher-tier zones, iron in Aughundell being one of the most useful changes.

Dragon lairs are being worked on. You can see one already north of Dralk, where the Dragon Council makes their home.

Developers are considering the possibility of having a visible representation of your hoard in lairs. Of course, you must understand that always when you added stuff to hoard, it ceased to be an item and became a number added to your total. So, the hoard pile will merely be representative of your number, just like the picture in the hoard window. That having been said, I wouldn't like to see a visual representation of my true hoard, it'd mostly (maybe 75%) be dragon scales.

The first part - one-third, I read somewhere - of the Ancient Rite of Passage is on live servers (not right [;)], we don't need to get a right to go anyhere, dragons go where they please). You get a very nice lunus/helian scale of the ancients out of ths part. ARoP, along with lairs, is right now a design priority.

We can't take on riders. That is not currently on design previews either.

This does nto yet touch the fact that hoard loot drops are now a lot more frequent than they used to be, the rare loot / rare set items, blighted equipment, the nice little items (charms, tablets and such) that can be used for short-duration buffs (or debuffs if you're unlucky) and the fact that dragons get a lot more armor than before. Armor is now 6 per level and innate scale armor is 5 times the scale's tier.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Laeria

Thank you. I just may try it out, then. It's nice to see the dragons getting some love.

If you happen to be on Chaos, holler at me, I'll give you a few hoardable welcome back snackies :)
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Laeria

I thank you for the offer, to be sure. Unfortunately, I'm more of an Order sort of dragon. It's good to hear that there is some love for the dragons around the world, even though I'm going to have to start from scratch.[:S]

Thread Information