Thread: Merging Goodbye and Hello Forum?

Default Merging Goodbye and Hello Forum?

I don't think we need two seperate ones for that, not much going on in those anyway and more forums make it less clear in structure I think. What anyone of you other people think?

Horizons Empire

Default Re: Merging Goodbye and Hello Forum?

I'll agree, and bump it for ya :). Tazoon had them together, so I can see how this would certainly make sense and take the number of forum tabs down. :)

So I second it!

Originally I think they were combined and were only separated in the last day or two. Am I remembering wrong?
    Play nice and show some class
    www.theamazonbasin.com

Evard

naw, I would rather see the upbeat, wow I am new, or hey I am back seperate from the downbeat hey I hate this game so I am leaving posts lol.

imported_Eileen Mavourneen

I agree with Evard. Mixing the goodbyes into the new hello's is kind of depressing. Some days, it's good to avoid the depressing stuff. Separating them makes that more possible.

They were originally together, and I had suggested to Dangit to separate them for much the reasons stated above. It's probably not a good idea to encourage new players to go into a forum that will contain people's departing messages which can be negative and rantlike.

Basically, you don't want someone's first experience on the boards to give them the impression that it's full of angry posters, or make them question playing the game and deciding if they like it for themselves. [:)]

That is a point of course but according to tazoon.com more people that play some time make a goodbye post (to let others know they go) than new player bother to make a hello-post. So if the hello-forum is almost empty and the goodbye-one is full of postings, how does that look?

Horizons Empire

Thread Information