Thread: Changing spells to other ones

Default Changing spells to other ones

There was this post a long time ago:
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=55890
    In which someone changed this Shining Blades spell to that of Fury of the Demon. Anyone know he did that?
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Default Re: Changing spells to other ones

you really can not change a spell to another one(that would be cheating, and super hard that would require hacking Tugla severs) but you can change the visual effects on your side, client side. like I did here

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=62907

Bubble Breath

Purple Haze

Red glare

Spirit skull

stars breath 2

star breath

Swoosh Breath

yellow breath

what i think i did ( was a while back) was copy the name o the def fileanimation I wantedthen open the name of the ENT FILEmove I wish to see the effect applied to and in the ENT I copyied over the name of were the file sought out the def file and in next boot up i saw the new animations

got help from guy on IRC below is the result[:D]
    http://reclamation.dk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1180
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

I wonder if this can be done with dragon spells since they are so plain looking.

It can, Ebon. Just have to do a little creative file editingcopying.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

This should be fun since im a complete ************ when it comes to something like this.....lol.

If you can find the animtions for the dragon spells please list there names, I have searched and searhed and searched, especial for the reach one. but with no luck I have yet to find any spell...mainly i think dragon have no unique spells...we use probaly a defualt spell attack with a wierd name.

Well I was following the directions in the link Kaze provided, but I cant seem to find the root directory file :enable_debug.exe. I think its the third step that is mentioned. If I could find that file then I would try...lol.

Dragon's Reach uses the standard combat animation.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Wouldnt happen to know what tempest and blast would be? Thanks for any help you can provide.

THose are both spells so they use the standard spellcasting animation.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

So thats means it might be either:

cast_01.ent
    cast_02.ent

I might also try the following file as well: blank_effect.ent

Cant wait to get home and try them out. If you get these to work Hasia before I get home let me know :).

I tried blank effect in the past was not it...and im not hasia im Blue :P there is actual a user here Named Hasia...I got the last name hasia from reading his short noval he wrote

no cast 1 and cast 2 do not effect dragon magic spells....and Amon you would not happen to know entitie effect name for reach? it would really help me out I been trying to find it for months now. would love to link reach with a dragon fireball attack Deffinition.

Let me clarify that there is a difference between animation (gr2 file) and particle effect (ent, def files). I thought you meant the animation.

Many dragon spells use the default animation with NO particle effect. I'm not sure if you can change that on your end.

[:'(]...I hope one day then that the devs will add more visual attack animations then

I'm working on tying existing particle effects to existing abilities and spells. But I am not able to create new ones at this time.

thats great to here Amon[:D], is adding a visual affect to reach apart of what you are working on? Like when reach is activated we will launch a fire ball (example: dragon_fireball_2.def)

I been able to link that fire ball to my fire breath attack, looks great would love to see that one in game.

Thread Information