Thread: Construction Resource Tiers

Default Construction Resource Tiers

There are 5 different tiered buildings we can have (Houses, Guildhouses, Silos, Pawnbrokers and Consigners) Between them all, theyrequire resources from every tier, depending on which tier of building you have. ie a Tier 3 structure needs tier 3 and 4 resources, a tier 4structure needs tier 4 and 5 resources. This is a very logical arrangement.

Then we have the workshops and buildings which don't come in tiers, but instead come in either Beginner, Journeyman, Expert or Small, Medium, Large. There are 12 of these; 10 workshops and 2 commercial (Gambling Den and Tavern).
    Every single one of the workshops requires the exact same amount of the exact same resources. I can also see the logic in this arrangement.

What I can't understand iswhy all of these buildings, and the 2 commercial ones require only tier 2, 4 and 6 resources to build. Not one of them requires any tier 1, 3 or 5 resources. No bronze, steel or mithril. No sandstone, granite or marble. No cedar, oak or yew. etc etc

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the beginner/small structures require tier 1 and 2, the journeyman/medium structures require tier 3 and 4 and the expert/large structures require tier 5 and 6?

The way it's set up now we have 17 different structures, of which only 5 require tier 1, 3 and 5 construction. Those other 12 structures make up a very large chunk of the building market.

I can see a lot of builders not levelling past tier 2 because of this. Builders like to build things and once they hit the Tier 3 levels, there just isn't going to be much work for them. It's a long way from tier 2 to tier 4 construction and if there's nothing to provide encouragement along the way, then a lot of people just aren't going to bother. The number of builders available to do the higher tier work will dwindle and prices will go right up.

If there's a logical reason for this, then I'm just not seeing it.
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Default Re: Construction Resource Tiers

I don't like it either but I think there is a reason.

Each shop has the same footprint through all the levels so we can tear down a beginner shop, say, and put in a journeyman. Now, there are supposed to be resources returned when a building is demolished. Those resources would be useless for upgrading the original building if strictly tiered. The way they are now, at least you would get back a few resources that would work on the new building.

I'm not sure if the resources are being returned now or if this is a promised feature for the future.
    Ilsefa WeeWolf - from Life to Chaos
    miner, fitter, tinker and more
    Bad-attitude gmone
    http://www.webfitz.com/lyrics/Lyrics/1973/91973.html

Demitri

ok you have a point about where the small/medium/large or beginner/JM/expert shoud use teir 1,2/3,4/5,6 BUT, your wrong about prices and people not lvling it, i am a lvl 100 carpenter, currently working on fitter,I dont plan on charging loads for my services, i personally build stuff coz i love 2 build just, ask ne1 from ICE or my guild (NI!!), and will work on T1 just as gladlyas i will work on T5/6, granted i cant speak for everyone but i doubt people will give up at T2, not if they are serious builders.

I've currently not had any resources returned nor know any of myguild mates that have.I think that's for future release.

Knall

I hope they make the shops upgradable. This would work very well with the current resource requirements.

F.e. you have a beginner blacksmith shop and decide to upgrade.

Its replaced by a jmen scaffold with the t2 resources already build.

Rajha Shrha

Quote Originally Posted by Enos Yorl
    I've currently not had any resources returned nor know any of myguild mates that have.I think that's for future release.
    Agreed, I destroyed asmall pumpkin to make way for a medium and nothing was returned to me, sniff sniff

Thread Information