Thread: Tech and Form drops

Guydon

Default Tech and Form drops

As i understand it, this is simply a random chance based upon the tier of the monster. If this is so, then it is seriously broken. I, and my guildmate from Misfits of Mischief, have killed at LEAST 1000 level 90+ mobs, and we got our first form drop on Sunday! Still not one tech! Which is even worse! I personnally have killed thousands of level 80s and have I seen 1 tier 4 tech? No!
    It may be that it is only particular mobs that drop forms and techs, if so, then say so here!

Warzen

Default Re: Tech and Form drops

It is a random chance, tier of mob only determines tier of tech.

Level 80+ is T5 not T4.

I have recieved Parry IV and Essence Structuring IV off of platinum golems.

Potency V off of Mithril golems.

They drop, just rare.

Kharron

Drops are very, very random... the other day I was hunting mithril golems for a few hours getting from 97 to 98 cleric and got 6-7 forms and Spell Accuracy tech in a few hours; since then I've hunted for many more hours and not a single drop for hundreds of kills. I guess it's just luck.

forms and techs should drop far more often especally on reasource mobs well thats my belief anyways
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Found Fitting IV tech off the flame beetles outside Dralk. Found Stoneworking V off the Giant flame beetles on Volcano island.[;)]
    I am Dryad, here me squeak... I am KNoC, see me slay.
    Syllis SunFlower.

VegasJOEY

Well I'm sure it's intended to be completely random but I do see a major flaw in the coding. I got the most ubber drops off mithril golems ina total of 3days.... salvaging V,Fog V Then as lady luck would have it Igot TWO MOREof the same techs Fog V in a row!!! Is that just insane or what?!! I must be the luckiest s.o.b. alive!!!! [:D]

Ok, now that I got that outta my system,and I'm through being fecitious, ...This is seriously flawed imo. And I think if techs IV and V are going to be drop only, then they need to SERIOUSLY increase the drop rate. No clue why techs were decided to be drop only and not even available on vielo. Must be the super genious wankersat work thinking howto compete with evercamp...err everquest with the new eq2 game being shipped on nov. 8th. This is not my idea of fun having to try my luck at outbidding players for techsI need hopeing I can stay connected for longer then 5 friggin minutes with all the ctd's I've lost 3 tech bids already due to the CTD gig. Bid on something auctioned by player, get dropped,...log back on and auction is over. This is testing my patience big time and I'm not particularly happy with the fact that a bloke can't even have the tech available ffs to purchase for a ridiculous obscene amount from vielo if he so chooses and needs it that bad. The CTD's are getting pretty bad and not improving but rather getting worse....at least for me....and trying to deal with just sheer dumb luck and staying connected, I'm frankly pretty pissed off bout the tech drop rate and unavailability on vielo.

Thread Information