Thread: Could Horizons become middleware?

Default Could Horizons become middleware?

The days of creating your own video game is coming nearer and nearer. Just like website editors have moved forward and now anyone can make a decent looking websight if they have the creativity. It seems that game editors is the wave of the future. Most programmers are analytical so to speak and most game ideas come from the opposite end of the spectrum. Creative types dont know jack about programming and programmers dont know jack about whats fun in a game. Making better and better middleware, game engine/3d graphics tools/audio/video/ai/mapping all coded for easy use for non-programmers seems to be around the corner. Allready a rpg maker game for playstation and more and more are racing to make a friendly pc game maker. Could this be a possible direction for horizons to pursue? I seen the developers of Horizons change the whole map very quickly and change colors, names, and levels of old 3d models. Players can allready design mini-towns with trees, craft stations, fences, house etc. I dont mean to sound pessimistic but Tulga/AE has had a bad go at running a MMORPG. Maybe they would be better suited at making the software for others to run/manage the game, while they focus on what they do best code. Game making software and upgrades to make game development easier is closing in fast. I think alot of programmers and coders are sick of the constant battle of trying to please the masses, attempting to keep upwith the content, marketing, managing and all the other bs that comes along with it. When all they really wanna do is code.

I would pay good bucks to have shot at running a horizons server if I had the tools to do it. Since my programming skills are limited to html and cobol it would have to be a ******** good toolset heh

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Default Re: Could Horizons become middleware?

redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Default Re: Could Horizons become middleware?

Horizons Empire

Thread Information